Marks & Spencer Dine in for 2

Marks & Spencer Dine in for 2 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Marks & Spencer Dine in for 2

“Sloppy ”

written by Marbelai on 02/06/2023

I chose a Moussaka on the meal deal - because previous purchases of the M&S Gastro dish have been wonderful .. WHAT have they done .. it was a Tasty pile of slop! So inedible .. my partner described it as ‘prison food’ Certainly not worth the 40minutes of electricity to cook it!!!

“Fantastic Meal”

written by Clevedon9011 on 18/02/2023

Having brought this meal deal, we both have to say how pleased we are with the meal of beef, roast potatoes and gravy. We did add to it with broccoli and pointed cabbage to inhance it. A nice bottle of red just made it a meal to remember. Thank you M&S keep on producing good meals.

“Tough meat in beef bourgignonne”

written by Pennington1976 on 01/05/2022

Just eaten M&s dine-in gastropub beef bourgignonne, the meat was chewy and tough although the sauce was tasty. Won't be buying again. What went wrong?

“Disappointing ”

written by Smatt2019 on 09/12/2021

Best Ever Prawn cocktail. Tiny,taster size portion. A few Prawns,some with poo still onsite. No salad or lemon,too much sauce. Very basic dish. Cooked Carrots for longer than suggested then gave up because they were still rock hard. Macaroni cheese was average. Bought it because I wanted a break from cooking. Big mistake. Waste of money.

“Dine in for 2 Awful disgusting ”

written by Timothy1947 on 08/10/2021

We had beef bourguignon it was awful bitter Just terrible flavour Glazed carrots in honey and orange ,hard they would need to be cooked for an hour, they still had black bits not cut off roots of the carrots still attached. We won’t buy a dinner for two again so disappointed usually really nice. That has put us off. £10.00 wasted

“Went in the bin”

written by Johnrog on 30/04/2021

Beef stroganoff as main with greens as a side, tasteless and mostly mushroom in congealed bland unseasoned gel. The greens were not to our liking. Tesco have a far better quality and value choice.

“Rump steak chewy”

written by WVsmith62 on 20/09/2020

Bought 2 rump steaks in the dine for 2 offer. On checking the steaks they looked lean and cost on packet was £6.42. Cooked tonight with their mushroom sauce and had to throw more than half the steaks out. They were grisly and chewy and absolutely awful. I have bought rump steaks from M&S before and they were perfectly okay. As the wine is not a good standard I would expect a good quality from the food. Would not buy steak in this offer again, terrible quality. The only thing decent in this offer was sticky toffee pudding. I could have bought this separately for £4.

“Wine good, steack terrible”

written by TheoriginalSwanee on 16/05/2020

We had rump steak, chips and a roulade pudding. Wine was a Montepulciano D'Abruzzo red...which was lovely. The chips were tasteless, the steak was so chewy half was thrown away. Fared better with the wine which is just as well as the previous Italian red was all but undrinkable! Pudding ok. Come on M&S! You're meant to be premium providers.

Theoriginalswanee's Response to TheoriginalSwanee's Review

Written on: 16/05/2020

Apologies for bad spelling!!

“Excelent”

written by sirmaya on 28/02/2020

Remember not to include your name or names of staff members. Go in to plenty of detail, talk about the key elements you like, was there anything you particularly didn't like about it? (50 characters minimum)

“Fabulous”

written by Qazdsi99 on 31/12/2019

For about the 3rd time in a couple of months my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the BEST curry £10 for two people, From a local store in Southampton. Let me tell you M&S that you guys provide the best Indian meals we have ever had so when people LOVE to complain these days, we think it only fair that when you get it right (like most of your food) then we should be quick to praise you. Well done M&S your food is the best.

“Same Menu For At Least Two Months”

written by Philipsg on 18/10/2019

Dine in for £12 used to be really good, as was the £10 deal before it. However recently the range on offer has changed very little over the last two months. It is now boring and unexciting. We have now stopped buying it and would not recommend. Friends, family and acquaintances agree and have also stopped buying it. Come on M&S show a little sparkle and rejuvenate the offer. Sl

“Where was the red wine?”

written by CarleySmith258 on 04/10/2019

purchased dine in for 2 @ £12. Now usually we enjoy this treat but obviously picked the wrong Main, Gastropub Chicken (nice) in Red Wine, (missing) the sauce was awful!!!

“Poor Changes, Bad Decision”

written by on 10/10/2018

M&S used to offer wonderful choices at a reasonable £10. A few months ago, they changed it to £12, removed some choices, added others and attempted to justify it by stating Prosecco is now an option. They would have been well-advised to keep it all exactly the same but increase the cost by a pound. The new choices are extremely disappointing. We tried the chicken, apple and bacon kebabs and they were so small they could have easily been a meal for one although advertised for two. We also tried the pork belly because my partner likes this on occasion; it was tasteless and I literally poured (yes, POURED) the extreme amount of fat from it which made the end result quite dry and almost inedible. We used to purchase the £10 deal every two weeks as it was available and looked forward to having the choices in the freezer for those no-cooking nights. We no longer bother. I had a conversation with an elderly woman at our local Marks during a £10 deal a year ago. She purchased two of these per week and told me that was all she required to have quality items available when she no longer cooks from scratch. I think of her now and wonder how the changes have affected her ability to enjoy quality meals at home at a reasonable price. All in all, I think Marks made a very big mistake by introducing these changes. I would have preferred to pay a little extra and have it all remain as it was than to try the inadequate and disappointing fare now on offer.

“Fantastic value for money”

written by Ian40 on 24/03/2018

Just had the Katsu curry as main an garlic breads for side. Absolutely fantastic filled me up but could easily do two people. Too full up to have the lemon cheesecake so that will have to wait till tomorrow. Didn't expect it to taste great for a tenner but was amazed how good it was. White Wine not bad either. Hope they do this one again.

“Wonderful Tasty Meal.”

written by Young269 on 16/02/2018

My partner and I have just had the Marks and Spencers Chinese New year £10 meal deal. It was wonderful! Something completely different for us. Lots of new flavours. We both thoroughly enjoyed the dishes. There wasn't a morsel left on our plates. We liked everything. Just wished we knew when more "Dine in for two" meals were available.Many thanks M&S

“Dine for two”

written by PaulBaldwin on 24/09/2017

My husband and I had our dine for two rump steak chunky chips trifle and bottle of wine fantastic value can't wait for the next dine for two offer excellent food.

“Watch Best-By dates”

written by Jaylinh359 on 27/07/2017

Last night I was disgusted by the 'Dine-In' practice in my local M&S and told them so. The products in the choices 'Dine-In' section had close Best By dates and there were the exact same products on the shelves elsewhere in the shop with better Best-By dates which you couldn't take as they had a different bar code on them. I tried to buy the fresher items at the cash desk and they were refused for the 'Dine-In' offer. I complained and left the goods. What a disgrace that M&S is getting rid of its close-to-date produce in the 'Dine In' when it has fresher same items in its store that you cannot choose.

“Very Poor”

written by JadenWilloughby414 on 16/03/2017

The Dine in for £10 was advertised to run over the weekend until today 14 March. Visited Mere Green store to find only a few different items on the shelves. When I asked an assistant where the steak was for the Dine in for £10, she said as it is the last day for the deal tbey don't bother restocking the shelves, so they hadn't got any more steak. She said tomorrow they have a new deal. If a deal is advertised to end on a particular day, if it is the last day of the deal this shouldn't matter, they should still have sufficient stock.

“25th June only”

written by EliseSchwartz353 on 28/06/2016

We are great fans of dine in but the Lasagne this week we found tasteless.Have you changed your supplier as they used to be so tasty.I must say this review is purely about the Lasagne.

“Dug Legs”

written by Bryantft114 on 17/11/2015

Just had lunch with duck legs, wow fantastic, full of flavour and so tender, going back to my local store tomorrow to stock up for Christmas as I can freeze them, well done.