Eurostar Reviews

Eurostar - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Eurostar

“Great assisted service”

written by gulshan105 on 12/05/2024

Thank you Eurostar. Went to Brussels for four nights with my 89-year old mother and had a great experience. The assisted service was fantastic, the help receive made it possible for me to take my mum on the trip. The journey was smooth and easy. Efficient wheelchair service and very friendly, helpful porters. We were so grateful.

“Eurostar customer services a disaster”

written by ysDrake444 on 11/02/2024

Our trip home from the Netherlands was cancelled. There were no representative from Eurostar at the station explaining what can be done to arrange alternatives. The customer services were unavailable for 3 days. The website didn’t recognise my booking so we couldn’t re-book for the next available journey. There were no additional trains put on and as such there was no availability for us to pay again for our journey home. When we tried to claim £800 in compensations for our hotel costs, food costs and alternative transport. Eurostar were only prepared to consider hotel costs and selected few food costs. The process of compensation was dragged out, I feel deliberately as the Eurostar website was having digital issues and they also lost my emails. I’ve still not received compensation over a month later despite me stressing to them I have a young family and times are hard.

“Left my family sitting on the floor of the train”

written by KevinMic on 06/09/2023

Eurostar changed our train time at check in without telling us, resulting in us missing the correct train and then left us (2 adults and 2 children) with no seats and left us sitting on the floor like animals. We had to beg other passengers to at least let our children sit down. And now, after many emails back and forward with the usual generic defensive nonsense, they refuse to refund us or accept any wrongdoing whatsoever "well you made it back didn't you? We fulfilled our service". I would whole heartedly advise people to avoid them at all (extremely expensive) costs!! Shame on you Eurostar!!

“I have had enough ”

written by xander561 on 06/06/2021

Was refused boarding from Amsterdam to Brussels because I should have checked in 1 hour in advance. This was neither listed on ticket nor notified in any way. Furthermore: 1) Eurostar app is very buggy and often crashes during booking, 2) frequent travel programme does not work on many trips, 3) Corona refund policy has been very restrictive, often not working properly via website, and staying far behind competitors, 4) communications are often misdirected, e.g. I received an email “Since you are soon traveling to the UK …” whereas I traveled from Amsterdam to Brussels. I have had it and am scrapping Eurostar from my preferred travel options. The only good thing about Eurostar: their on-board staff is very friendly and helpful

“Appalling company”

written by smHowe180 on 22/04/2020

They cancel train and refuse a refund. They only offer time limited voucher. When things get going the voucher is limited to March 2021 - in other words their low season. Offered to accept voucher instead of refund, if it was not time limited. Totally ignored. What an appalling company. Travelled with them many times before - will NEVER do so again.

“AIR QUALITY”

written by Jacquelyn404 on 12/03/2020

Does anyone know if EUROSTAR trains are fitted with any kind of air cleaning system similar to the High Efficiency Particle Filters fitted to aircraft?

“Very Poor Service”

written by Makailai302 on 26/12/2019

Travel from France to UK on 21/12/2019 not possible because SNCF connecting train cancelled (Strike). No response from Eurostar for help in re-booking so had to cancel. A very poor way to treat a pensioner wanting to return to family for Christmas. unable to get through on phone. No response to several e-mails to help contact. The strike has been running for several weeks so not having sufficient support staff is not an acceptable excuse.

“I'll never use EuroStar again. I'd rather walk!!”

written by BrenBSL on 11/09/2018

The most appalling customer service I've ever experienced in my life. I'll never travel with EuroStar again. I'd rather walk!! A few weeks ago I suffered a *SIX AND A HALF HOUR DELAY* with EuroStar. Arriving into London at ***03:30am***. The conditions were awful. It was hot and uncomfortable. Customer service at the time was shocking. I only saw the Train Manager once during his single walk through the carriages, and he could barely take the time to speak to me. What did we get during the ordeal? A *CUP* of water (not even a bottle) if we walked to the cafe cart ourselves, and a fun-size twix each! That was shocking enough, but the customer service afterwards was even more appalling. So there's a sliding scale for compensation in this type of case right? Between an hour and two+ delay. But when something goes catastrophically wrong do you think the company should maybe take that into consideration? A six and a half hour delay is exceptional and something deserving of a special handling. EuroStar don't seem to think so. I had to contact EuroStar multiple times to get my claim paid out as well. They only paid the percentage of the tickets originally, even though they had promised to refund our taxis. The biggest insult...get this... Whilst I put my Mum into a taxi, I took the night tube home. The train manager even suggested we do this. I thought I'd be considerate and do it, since I could get home that way. It felt like travelling home with zoo animals, it was horrendous. So, I don't get indoors til gone 5am right. EuroStar refuse to pay my *****£2.80***** tube fare!! Compassion? Customer Service? Alien terms to these corporate jobsworths This is an exceptional circumstance, I get that. For that exact reason alone EuroStar should be grovelling, saying 'usually we're really good, here, let me do anything to prove to you that when things go catastrophically wrong you can count on us. Please ride with us again'. This type of handling would be a stroke of genius, promoting word of mouth recommendations of admiration that whilst it was an ordeal, they make sure you're sorted if something really off the scale from a normal delay happens. Instead, they're quoting rules of carriage to me and making me waste my time, and producing the most annoyed and frustrated customer ever. I literally tell anyone and everyone about how bad the trip was, how bad the service has been, and go into every single detail and communication I've had; there's not been a single person not shocked and appalled. I don't think I'm the only person that'll be put off ever using EuroStar after hearing my story. For a company that spends millions of pounds on advertising, they can't even spare £2.80 of good-will for someone that's been so put out. You couldn't pay me to go on EuroStar again. They don't deserve my money!

“Too many errors”

written by kevinzand on 21/08/2018

Train has been late a lot of times, where everything becomes immensely disorganized. Most often the toilets are awful and theres no way to cancel a trip only rebook. 30 pound change fee PER JOURNEY & head + extra costs. Not happy at all!

“Toilets are very poor.”

written by gfMilne451 on 09/05/2018

On the outward journey several toilets were out of order. Ditto coming back. In one that did work the wayer was not working and there were no hand towels. Very poor.

“Never had any big problems”

written by scorchio on 11/02/2018

I've travelled many times now with Eurostar and I've never really had any big problems some minor gripes with security (not Eurostars problem really) and some issues with seat allocation - but staff have always been good and trains generally on time. My preferred way of travelling to the continent.

“PAY TWICE FOR SAME EUROSTAR TICKET!!!”

written by ruthmunby on 23/10/2017

On 28 September I booked return tickets to Paris for myself friends for a holiday 16 to 19 November. I believed that one friend had reverted from her married name to her maiden name. However the name she uses is actually her professional name she was given many years ago when she was a member of Equity, the actors' trade union. When I promptly contacted Eurostar to ask for the name on her ticket to be changed to her married name, as per her passport they said I would have to buy a new ticket and could not have a refund on the old ones. They said the ticket has to be used by the person whose name it was issued in. I pointed out my friend uses both names. They would have allowed her to travel if she could have produced her marriage certificate showing both names. I pointed out the certificate would not help as her maiden name is completely different. I emailed to them copies of Inland Revenue documents giving both names and which also gave the same National Insurance number for both names, proving they relate to the same person. I also offered to obtain a formal legal Statutory Declaration dealing with the issue of the two names. None of my emails were answered and I had to chase up by Live Chat. Even when I telephoned the Help Centre they were unhelpful. It is so unfair they will not cancel the ticket in the non-passport name and also say I will have to book again. When I first looked on the website for availability I booked the last 6 tickets for the time we wanted (had that not been the case I would have checked passport details) so my friend would not be able to travel with the rest of us. Also, the unused seat may well go to waste. I expected I might have to pay an admin fee because of the name discrepancy but this is so unreasonable. When I politely pointed this out the person I spoke to suggested I emailed the Help Centre. What is the point of that when emails aren't answered.

Ruthmunby's Response to ruthmunby's Review

Written on: 24/10/2017

I am pleased to give an update on this to say the office of the chief executive of Eurostar has now responded to my email and has cancelled the ticket in my friend's non-passport name and issued a new one in the name on her passport at no extra cost to me.
Just shows it is worth persevering and complaining to the top person!

“Where's my carriage -Eurostar don't care!”

written by on 08/08/2017

We had two seats booked on Eurostar and after a very slow check in/security control etc went straight onto the train at Gar du Nord. Ah well we tried to. Our carriage number wasn't there. What do we do? After half an hour train manager had tipped people out of a carriage and we forced our way on and grabbed a seat. Not a word from the staff. set off 40 minutes. Because train only 47 minutes late on arrival and we didn't have to stand all the way no gesture of partial reimbursement can be made (in case they have to do it for everyone and it costs Eurostar a vast amount of money I was told). Had to wait almost a month to get answers and they couldn't care less. Really not impressed with a company that ducks out of its responsibility when it event is known beforehand and then mismanaged.

“Very Helpful operator”

written by Demarcush11 on 28/07/2016

We were six pensioners going on a list train journey from the UK down to Italy via Paris,Zurich,Genoa, Milan and Como. We got the Eurostar from Ebbsfleet. What a wonderful calm way to start our holiday. We continued our journey and spent a week in Como. On our return we missed our connecting train from Milan Garibaldi. We had gone to Milano Centrale. We were distraught. The next train was 10 hours later and we would have to pay again. We were then told that we would have to pay again for our Eurostart tickets. I telephoned Eurostar in the UK and spoke to an advisor and explained our plight. He dealt with everything for us and booked us on the train the next day at no extra cost .He reassured me and all I had to do the next day was collect my tickets and make sure we got their on time! Thank you. It is customer service like this that gets a company a good name. We are for ever grateful to you. Let's hope your company is aware of what a good man you are.

“Nice bruges Break”

written by on 17/02/2016

Travelled on Eurostar from St Pancras to Brussels then onto Bruges,we only booked standard class but thought the carriage felt like it needs a good clean and some of the backs of the seat heads were fraying. Got to Brussels from St Pancras in 2 hours but a bit of advice when booking if your travelling on by train from Brussels select option ABS =ANY BELGIUM STATION so you can use same ticket AND if going to Bruges from Brussels on the train MAKE SURE you get on the fast train that should take just over an hour,we made the mistake of getting on the slow one that took 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to Bruges. Overall enjoyed using eurostar but wish we could have afforded the first class carriage

“excellent customer service on phone ”

written by zahiakh on 09/01/2016

Hello i wanted to say thak you for customer service .I bought a ticket yesterday and had to cancel it today ,not good in internet, i had to call customer service .I want to thank that person unfortunately i cant mention the name .she was so nice! she really tried to help me .To be honest i ve never had met a such good customer service staff thank you thank you .

“Inadmissible”

written by JennyFanning419 on 05/10/2015

Was unable to print my ticket at the station because I did not have the credit card I used to buy my ticket, and the eurostar person at the counter said there was no way for me to get in the train if I could not print the ticket or show my credit card, whereas I had my passport showing that I was the person who booked the ticket.

“New Eurostar Trains”

written by MarcDerbyshire on 13/09/2015

I am currently on a new train travelling premier from Paris to London. The carriages are bright, well lit and airy. There are USB sockets. However compared to the old trains the seats are very uncomfortable. The seat length is shorter which means ones legs dangle off the end. The material is a horrible slippery synthetic material so one slides off. It feels worse than airline economy. Unbelievably ghastly. However at great expense, I doubt Eurostar will make any changes. They do not deserve the business, but unfortunately have a monopoly.

“Trading on past glories.”

written by Arizona74 on 16/08/2015

Just returned from my first ever Eurostar journey - roundtrip to Brussels. Was very disappointed in the product. On the way out, we had seats without a window. Even the hooks for coats did not "fit" with the seating - trying to put extra seats to gain revenue. The whole carriage looked very tired - badly in need of upgrading. Backs of the seats had torn headrests. Also, extremely surprised to find that there was no Wi-Fi. In Scotland, all our trains have free Wi-Fi, as do our buses in Edinburgh. Not good enough for 2015. On complaining to train guard was advised that the product was 20 years old and new trains were due to come into service in November of this year.

“Complete Rip-off”

written by RachaelMiddleton392 on 19/05/2015

I travelled on the Eurostar last weekend in an emergency it was easier to get to St Pancras, bought the tickets at £245 return, during the meeting |I was feeling ill and used the loos only to find that there is no water in the taps or flush????. I had to find someone who walked me all the way to the other side of the carriage so that I could wash my hands probably, charged me for the bottle of water that they provided, what kind of service do you call this?? Avoid like the plague, no wonder most of the carriages are empty.