Morecambe, Ashley Hotel Reviews

3.7

Morecambe, Ashley Hotel - Ask a question now

“I had a fantastic time in Morecambe, I'm a mature...”

written by on 05/07/2010

I had a fantastic time in Morecambe, I'm a mature student starting at Lancaster Uni so I used The Ashley as my base while looking for permanent accommodation.

What I liked:

The room had an amazing view of Morecambe Bay, it was very clean and the breakfasts were tasty and set me up right for the day.

The staff were friendly and being new to the area I found their advice very helpful. They even printed off a list of local landlords to help me find somewhere permanent to live during my studies.

What I disliked:

I found some of the back street pubs in Morecambe a bit loud and wasn't really my cup of tea.

I would advise anyone staying at The Ashley to ask the manager for his recommendations on where to eat and drink first.

“We booked a room with this hotel in June, and...”

written by on 02/11/2009

We booked a room with this hotel in June, and subsequently rang to cancel due to a change in plan. We were asked to put it in writing, which we did, and they received a written cancellation from us two days prior to the date which we had booked. Subsequently, we found out that they had charged our account for one nights' stay. Neither when booking nor cancelling was any mention made of their cancellation policy. When we rang them to question the charge, we were put on hold. When put through to the manager he argued with us for a considerable amount of time and was rude to us during the conversation. We wrote a letter of complaint to the manager, to which they responded but did not address all of the points of the complaint that we raised. The matter has not been resolved to our satisfaction.

“We have just returned from our stay at the Ashley...”

written by millie1234 on 26/04/2009

We have just returned from our stay at the Ashley Hotel in Morecambe. I have to say how much we enjoyed it.

It is so clean and comfortable. The views over Morecambe are just brilliant. We could have stayed there for weeks. Unfortunately we only had three days.

The breakfast is really good with a nice menu and plenty of options.

This is good hotel, relaxed and friendly. Will definitely return.