Poppy Dog, www.poppydog.com Reviews

Poppy Dog, www.poppydog.com - Ask a question now

“BE AWARE ”

Written on: 10/02/2019 by G1antsFan (1 review written)

I have been a dedicated paying Poppydog customer for many years, but about 2 months ago signed on one day only to find that the site was down. To make matters worse (every day since), the site has been down. It doesn't seem that Poppydog is being monitored at all anymore. All I ever get when I try using the site is "this page can't be displayed". Kind of a shame that whoever WAS in charge still took people's money for long-term subscriptions, then disappeared. I for one am NOT a happy… Read Full Review

“the fastest way to lose your customers”

Written on: 02/08/2016 by opMedina1964 (1 review written)

Despite some bad reviews -this happens to a lot of sites- I gave Poppydog.com the benefit of the doubt and tried their service as a paying professional user. I gotta be honest: their web registration tools work really well, no doubt about that! And I was happy to have found what I needed for my website. But now, 30 July 2016, and two months after having set up an account with Poppydog, the service has been down since a couple of days. Completely down, worldwide. No messages to theit… Read Full Review

“PoppyDog - it gets even worse!”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by ColbyBall179 (1 review written)

The code that you insert into your web pages to protect them from being viewed by anyone who hasn't logged into their registration system - no longer works. Ouch!!! Internet Explorer does work, but access with Chrome and/or Firefox and you can go directly into the "protected" page. So much for confidentiality - we protect those pages for a reason. I've had to take my entire website down - sent them (PoppyDog) an email asking what was going on - no response as of yet. Also - Symantec has… Read Full Review

“ now security certificate has expired”

Written on: 08/12/2014 by Brennan267 (1 review written)

Poppydog was great until recently. For weeks now I have not been able to get a response to email and now, their security certificate has lapsed. It is looking like nobody is manning the ship. Hoping to find an alternative for a number of sites. The reworking is going to be a nightmare… Read Full Review

Bill.ddi's Comment

Written on: 09/04/2015

I'm in the same predicament.
Have you found a suitable replacement?

Read 1 Comment

“Even in business anymore?”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by jcross406mt (1 review written)

We've been using the poppydog.com tools and they are great! But support - that's a whole new issue. We are having a problem with their registration module & photo album module - and for over a week now we've been writing them everyday trying to get a response. 7 days have gone by and not only have our emails gone unanswered - but the problem remains. It's very frustrating to try and get an issue resolved and be ignored. So we're wondering if anyone is even monitoring Poppydog.com anymore… Read Full Review

Sudburygc's Response to jcross406mt's Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

We have the exact same problem and are now left wondering if a lot of work is on the horizon to replace the poppydog tools we use. Shame as poppydog has been good up until the last week.

Written on: 03/07/2014

We are in the same boat as you. We spent a lot of time getting our websites built around using PoppyDog and now this. If you come across a possible replacement could you post here what you found?

There has to be more PD customers who are now experiencing the lack of support. Wish they would post their anger here - maybe someone who has ties to PD will wake someone up over there.

Sudburygc's reply to Jcross406Mt's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

Not sure about a replacement at this time, but will keep in touch if I find anything. I did some research and found 2 Facebook profiles; one for the registrant of the PoppyDog domain and one who had replied to me in January 2014 as a member of TheCrew. I have sent private messages to both and again will let you know if I hear anything. Good luck.

Written on: 04/07/2014

Thanks - we'll do the same. I cannot wait any longer and we'll begin to look for a replacement. I'm not looking forward to all the re-work but it's now been over 2 weeks and PoppyDog Support hasn't responded to a single email.

I hope your efforts prevail - I never thought this would happen. Good luck to you also and we'll keep you posted.

Jcross406Mt's reply to Jcross406Mt's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2014

We FINALLY did her from Poppydog support - he wrote and asked us a question - we responded - and now once again SILENCE. We are still holding onto hope that our issues will be addressed and resolved - I honestly do not want to re-write multiple sites we use Poppydog for.

Jcross406Mt's reply to Jcross406Mt's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

Good news!

Poppydog support FINALLY responded (not to me personally - but on their website) that they have resolved the photo upload issue.

I'm still not happy that it took so long - and they could not write me personally after so many attempts to contact them - BUT at least the issue is fixed. I hope PD Support improves.

Read 6 Comments

“I've used poppydog web tools in all my web sites....”

Written on: 25/04/2009 by ffam (2 reviews written)

I've used poppydog web tools in all my web sites. Their website registration and membership system rocks! They also have all the usual tools like polls, forum boards, email forms, surveys, guestbook, password protector. All the tools are integrated together and work as one, which is cool. Also you dont have to install any tools, you just embed them into your web pages.

The free tools have adverts and restricted features. By becoming a professional poppydog member ALL tools are upgraded to… Read Full Review

Sudburygc's Response to ffam's Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

Are you still using PoppyDog Web Tools? Are you having problems. I use these great tools, but for over one week it is not possible to upload any images. PoppyDog do not reply to emails at the moment and I fear it may have become dormant. Just wondering if you have the same problem or have moved to using something else. Good if you could let me know as I am not the only professional member reporting these problems.
Thanks,
Scott

Written on: 15/07/2014

As of today it seems to be working again.

Read 2 Comments