Rhino Greenhouses Reviews

3.9

Rhino Greenhouses - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Rhino Greenhouses

“Super greenhouse once you get it up! ”

written by IorwerthLove on 24/02/2024

The individual parts are well made and the overall quality is excellent BUT a putting it up is a nightmare. My husband and I have put up and dismantled 4 greenhouses over the years, so we were quite confident. We have done a lot of diy and had plenty of tools and ladders. We should have been warned by the huge instruction book and mass of different parts. The instructions leave a lot to be desired, words like ‘just’ slide the glass in, don’t explain that the glass has to be squeezed in using very strong hands. The big panes of glass are hard to manhandle and the mounting strips have to be hammered in. Getting the last pane of glass in on each side was a real challenge. We got better but the first panes of glass were painfully slow. In all it took 50 hours, I was unable to contribute much, as my hands just were not strong enough to handle the clips and other fittings. We found a friend to help us, who had put up a Rhino greenhouse before. I think it would be much better to assemble the greenhouse in warm weather when the plastic and rubber elements, would be more flexible, we were assembling it in February in temperatures between 6-10C. If you could possibly afford it, I would get a professional to assemble it we wished we had.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“Rhino Classic 6'x8' Greenhouse”

written by Myers369 on 09/04/2021

When we moved house last year we were expecting the former owner to leave us a greenhouse that we'd seen when we viewed the house. We arrived to find an empty concrete slab where the greenhouse had stood so we decided to buy a replacement and erect it ourselves despite having no prior experience of owning or constructing one. We chose a Rhino 6x8 Classic purely because it was available relatively quickly and had 4mm toughened glass which my wife felt was essential for safety reasons. The service from Direct Greenhouses was perfect and the greenhouse was delivered in 12 weeks exactly as promised. I read the assembly instructions several times but still didn't feel confident that I knew what I was doing but I began the construction anyway. Assembly was easy although midway through I stopped following the instructions and promptly made several minor mistakes. I finished the greenhouse in 4 days working alone although if I'd continued to follow the instructions I would probably have finished in less than 3 days. The Rhino Classic greenhouse is fairly expensive for its size and specification but I'm happy with it although it has some minor shortcomings. I also bought the integral staging which I'm decidedly not happy about. It cost £320 in plain aluminium which would have still been expensive even if it had lived up to my expectations. I was expecting to receive a set of eight foot long shelves and reasonably robust support brackets. Instead Rhino supply a box of two foot and four foot long slats and a jumble of not very accurately made tubular supports that you are expected to join together with the same 11mm captive bolts and alloy nuts that hold the rest of the greenhouse frame together. The integral staging is time consuming to assemble and not particularly strong. We are planning to buy another larger greenhouse when the lockdown ends. I'll probably consider another Rhino.

“3 nuts & cable tie ”

written by JazminMurdock272 on 18/03/2020

Recently bought a rhino greenhouse , just a couple of bad point door support has 3 nuts either side as a packer why no proper spacer ! Also 2 into one guttering instructions say drill hole in frame and tie it on with cable tie why no bracket, for exspensive greenhouse these niggles are not good

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“We have 8x12 rhino now damaged”

written by luppilu on 17/02/2020

The greenhouse overall is very good and yes it is very lengthy process to put together but we did it. We bought this because of its strength and they offered 25yr guarantee, the 90 mile winds have pushed the side of the greenhouse in so far it bent the main rail on the floor , so I thought it has a guarantee we can replace the part needed we are sorted. I told them it happened in the storm. These greenhouses are sold because of the durability and strength in bad weather, our green house has fences on 2 sides so I does have some shelter from the worst of the weather. The 25yr guarantee what does it cover, they said our damage was an act of god, all weather is an act of god, so what does the guarantee cover if its not weather damage!!!!!!!.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“Self installed Rhino Harvest 6x10.”

written by Deshawn413 on 10/10/2017

Great company to deal with.If you have a problem they will solve it. In need of a greenhouse, look no further. Fantastic service,great quality and very cathartic experience erecting it.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“First Class Servive and Instalation.”

written by on 22/06/2017

My wife and myself have spent ages doing the rounds of garden centres and flower shows trying to find a quality greenhouse. We decided on a Rhino and rather try and put it up myself , I got it installed by one of the fitters. I am so pleased, I did this as it would have taken several days . The fitter was a perfectionist. He explained what he was doing and why. It took about seven hours to complete it . It was perfect.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“The greenhouse was accompanied by excellent instructions!”

written by Jonathan247 on 17/03/2017

The greenhouse was accompanied by excellent instructions and the associated component labelling was comprehensive and accurate. The completed greenhouse fulfills our expectations. It is located in an exposed location on the edge of Dartmoor and has been thoroughly tested in the wind and rain and has come through with flying colours.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“Rhino Greenhouse is impossible and complicated to build ”

written by MauriceSandra on 15/03/2017

We took delivery of an 8 x 14 Rhino greenhouse in February, 2017, and agree that the quality of materials and the finished greenhouse is very good indeed. The problem is about building the greenhouse, and the unclear instruction pamphlet and unclear drawings which make it an awkward, complicated and impossible job. The Greenhouse Direct website features 'Which' members voting Rhino as easiest to erect with a 96% overall highest score. We found this to be misleading as the pamphlet instructions with drawings that are provided with the greenhouse are extremely difficult, and even with he help of U Tube videos we found it impossible to build it ourselves. We then asked for help, and it took two experienced joiners 3 days to complete. They agreed it would be impossible for anyone, even a specialist greenhouse builder, to do this job in one day. I know I have had a similar experience to other buyers, and feel let down as I was not informed correctly about the building requirements at time of purchase, and this has cost time, money and annoyance. If doing this again, I would enlist the help of the Rhino recommended specialist builder. The instructions provided with the greenhouse are so obscure, it suggests the customer is being pushed to enlist the help of the professional in any case. The real grumble is why Greenhouses Direct salespeople do not explain all this at the outset so that the customer will know the proper cost and what is required to build and complete the project..

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“I purchased a 6x8 Rhino greenhouse & had it erected on...”

written by Tommo2 on 22/06/2016

I purchased a 6x8 Rhino greenhouse & had it erected on a concrete base hoping to improve its strength even more - don't do it! The building instructions were very sparse, the 2 triangular glass apex panels were missing & there was insufficient glass beading to complete the glazing. Worst still, when it rained the water poured in through the bottom panes of glass where they fit into the aluminium base. Customer services did send the missing panes of glass promptly but quoted almost £10 for an extra length of glass beading. The quality of the staging was no better, I have had to adapt that to fit into the greenhouse!

“Worst I've built ”

written by JaxonTemple on 23/04/2016

After recently installing a 8 x 20 ft Rhino greenhouse I have to say the quality of the materials are of a sub standard quality . Where junctions or holes have been cut or drilled weakens the parts where you would be scared to bend back in fear of it breaking . The bar capping is weak and not up to withstanding severe weather conditions . Now I understand why there are 4 men on the roof apparently showing its strength in my opinion it's to stop it from blowing away . There are better quality greenhouses on the market Ie : Titan twin bar units are a lot stronger and robust .i am a professional builder of greenhouses and would not recommended any d.i.y person to take the task on as it will totally confuse you .

Jdbar's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2022

Hi I have searched on line and cannot find Titan twin bar. Please could you direct me to one? Thank you

“Product failure, and poor customer service”

written by Candybella on 11/02/2016

My 7 month old 12x10 collapsed during storm Imogen, the floor base buckled and other floor and eaves structural components distorted, I purchased it because it was advertised as being resistant to high winds and suitable for eosed sites, the company would only communicate by email and were not interested on investigating what I am sure was component failure.My thirty year old polytunnel was fine. Customer service response was my expectations were too high and put it through insurance. Owner refused to respond to privately addressed communication.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“Strong greenhouse, but instructions are a suspect.”

written by tonymgr1710 on 06/10/2015

I bought a 8 x 14 harvest after visiting their show site in Cambridgeshire in the summer. Seeing that they are indeed strong frames, the only gripe I have is the level of instructions and confusion this caused once the frame had been built. An example is that they say clearly on the instructions that each of the middle roof beams has 4 bolts in them, 1 for the top, 1 for top brace, 1 for hanging basket rail, 1 for the bottom brace and then an additional one for the bottom fitting. Great followed their instructions to the letter.... PROBLEM, how do the window crossbars fix in, that meant undoing all but the top 2 bolts, moving them all up one and then retightening. Come on Rhino, if you are going to put an image in your instructions at least put the right number bolts required! The glazing strips require a firm hand (and mallet) to insert, I did find that by fitting each pane on the sides and then putting in the glazing strips just at the top helped, if you dont the bars tend to start bending, this makes putting in each pane and glazing strip after that a challenge. If they correct these problems and silly errors it would make building one just that bit easier.

“Worth every penny!”

written by McManusvc346 on 13/06/2015

Recently purchased a rhino harvest 6 x 10 greenhouse to replace a much cheaper greenhouse that just didn't survive the last storm on an exposed hillside site in Northern Ireland. Over the years I had replaced numerous panels, ect and decided it was time to look for something that was a near to indestructible as could be found! I was in constant contact with Greenhouses Direct who were very patient and informative. Once the decision was made and the concrete foundations put in place the greenhouse was ordered and received within a few days. Living in NI incurred some extra cost but we felt it would be worth it as we could find nothing of similar quality on this side of the water. Green House arrived in a number of boxes and the glass very well crated. The delivery driver broke 1 panel of glass whilst unloading the crate but this was quickly replaced FOC by GD. As can be appreciated by all who own a greenhouse, assembling one of these structures can be quite demanding, frustrating and will test friendships and relationships! This greenhouse was no different but the easy to read instructions made the assembly quite straight forward if not a little time consuming. The instructions follow a very logical sequence and it is highly recommended that shortcuts are not attempted! Read and follow the step by step guide. If you get stuck or don't understand something a quick phone call will answer your questions and put you on the right path. It took 2 of us about 5 days to completely assemble and install greenhouse but as there was no time deadline it was woth taking time to make sure it was put together correctly. The result? An outstanding greenhouse that I think will stand up to the strongest winds we will ever get on out exposed site! The strength of the frame is incredible and the glazing system simple but very clever and will ensure the glass can never blow out. The auto roof vents were very easy to install and work a treat. The louvre wall vents excellent! Yes the assembly was time consuming but the result was oustanding. Worth every penny! Great buy!

“Good but ......”

written by on 09/06/2015

We have just purchased freestanding Rhino 6 foot x 2 foot 6 inches double tier greenhouse staging. It was delivered promptly (within about a week). The instructions that came with it were inadequate, and assembly was not easy. The bolts supplied were poor quality with a number of them being unusable due to poor manufacture. Fortunately, we had some of our own(far better)to make up the numbers. Assembly was very fiddly and time consuming. It took two of us about five hours to assemble.It proved very difficult to tighten up many of the bolts due to them being to access with a spanner. It should be made compulsory for designers to assemble their own designs. We persevered and at the end of the day, despite the best efforts of Rhino, we have staging that looks fairly robust. We would suggest to Rhino that they should fit central legs on the 6 foot version to prevent the possibility of a sagging middle.

“16x10 rhino”

written by AkiraHood on 02/11/2014

my rhino has survived gale force winds of up to 70+ mph and is the envy of all who see it. certainly one of the best buys I have ever made. apart from fitting the glass I managed to construct the rhino solo at the age of 79

“rhino 16X10”

written by McDonaldor241 on 25/09/2014

I have had 6 months of pleasure from my rhino, one of my best buys ever. Well worth the money. derek

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“Five star service all the way”

written by BJ337 on 13/09/2014

From the first telephone call to the building of the greenhouse,I was informed at every stage. Every question was answered. The after sales service was five stars as well! I had to contact the company because there was a problem with one of the ventilators. They phoned me back,we identified the cause and THE FOLLOWING DAY,at ten in the morning,I received a replacement part that resolved the fault. Take into account,that I only contacted them at three in the afternoon on the previous day and judge for your self! THAT IS FIVE STAR SERVICE,BY A BRITISH COMPANY!

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“Within reason - perfect!”

written by Nigel3838 on 24/08/2014

Read all the reviews about this product and build problems. Green house,fantastic quality and worth the extra monies. Would recommend this product to anyone who wants a superior product. You will have very little problems on the build BUT you MUST read instructions carefully (slightly confusing in places) forward plan and think about what you are doing. A modicum of intelligence is needed, as in all things. Very fine Greenhouse and much admired by visiting friends. An observation to the manufacture - get the instructions redone, bits have been "added" over the years and it needs a tidy up. Nigel

“Fantastic greenhouse”

written by Birdie2222 on 02/08/2014

Ok it took a bit longer than I thought to put up but the end result is worth it. I had 12x8 harvest and it's as solid as a rock certainly the best greenhouse I've ever had, not sure why people moan about the instructions I found them very good just sit down and read them a couple of times

“Rhino Harvest 12 x 8”

written by ballaterach2 on 16/04/2014

Took delivery of our second 12 x 8 yesterday. Driver rang the previous evening to tell us he would be with us at 8.30am the following morning He arrived at 8.25am very pleasant and very thorough checking everything off. Clearly having one already it makes life a lot easier to erect second time round but even we had a few hiccups. Yes the instructions are not great but spend some time separating the parts and reading the instructions and build in stages. Greenhouses by their nature are fiddly things. A good idea to have some truncated bolts to hand as if you forget to put bolts in the bolt channels before assembling certain sections you'll end up having to dismantle it which is frustrating. Our first Rhino has stood up to gale force winds and inches of snow here in North East Scotland. Product wise you'll be pushed to beat it for quality and currently at the sale price.

Garden on Amazon