Kawasaki GPX 750 R Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Kawasaki GPX 750 R - Ask a question now

“Kawasaki GPX 750R (F1)”

Written on: 10/10/2014 by 214Griffith (1 review written)

Considering its age, its still a quick bike. Pretty handling (not for racing!) Reliable engine, just extra attention with the cams, "rockers". Do not rev it higher (start) than about 2000 rpm's. Let the oil sets in the higher regions of the engine. Maybe a fiddle job, there is the famous Kawa-choke: up to 5500 rpm, without enough oil.... will hurt him. Further its a fine Grand Tourer, can cruise with up to 170 km/h (Germany) Also price-quality is the best you can get. Mine was € 600,- !… Read Full Review

“Kawasaki GPX750R 1989”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by Bulldogady (1 review written)

Always wanted one back in the 80's and now have one. It is mainly blue and white with red pinstripes. Surprisingly nice condition. Ran like a bag of nails initially but have had new carb rubbers and a tune which has transferred the running. This is a crazy bike that loves to get over 6000 revs. She really takes off. It is also nice to ride steady when you can fight the temptation. Bought this with 21000 miles on the clock with plenty of MOT's to give confidence. A good service of fresh oil, oil… Read Full Review

Royroy25's Response to Bulldogady's Review

Written on: 26/10/2015

I use to have a GPX750R red & White, it sure could over take fast (3rd gear 3 cars with a blip of the throttle), & sure can corner as I dropped my torso low over the tank then counter steered into the corners, but I should have put on race pipes & redone the air filter & fuel mix for more bottom bang as when taking of, I sure did many wheelies on her though.

Read 1 Comment

“One of The Most Underrated 750's”

Written on: 09/08/2012

I bought my Kawasaki GPX750 with over 80000km's on it and kept it for 5 years by which time it had 132000 km's and it was not only powerful (for its' day), handled well - (the guy talking about knowing how to ride a bike with a 16" front wheel should read "A Twist Of The Wrist" and you'll realize there's only one way to ride ANY bike - Counter Steer and the GPX is no different), was ultra reliable and introduced my then partner to pillion riding which she loved because it was such a comfortable… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/10/2015

I used to have a GPX 750R with many fond memories, then a ZX7R now have a ZX9R, I love them all,

Read 1 Comment

“not a learners bike,”

Written on: 03/09/2011

becouse it has a 16inch front @ 18inch back wheel you realy need to know how to corner ( normal riding )i.e. drop your body weight forward before cornering @ counter stare wheels,then leaning 45 degres over - i put on 120 front tire @ 150 back tire,using most back tread - 5 mm to edge -thats how i knew i could ride my bike harder @ better than the next guy on a GPXR750 cornering,but if you hang of like a racer thats cool but another method - i did this in front at lights @ was scraping foot… Read Full Review

“I have had my Gpx for 10 years it has been reliable...”

Written on: 17/03/2011

I have had my Gpx for 10 years it has been reliable and fun and well maintained .
My bike is standard including the exhaust system (bought a std replacement from D&K who import from sunny salt free climes) The reason my review is favorable unlike the previous reviews is all down to maitainance.

The bike is slow by modern 750 standards but fast compared to 600 Bandits sv650`s the steering is quick and has been described as nervous by others
! have changed the tyre sizes from 110 to 120 and… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/10/2015

Put a 150 tire on the back and it will handle even better, trust me I had a GPX 750R for 7 years.

Read 3 Comments

“Clutch stopped working. Forks leaking badly. Left hand...”

Written on: 21/02/2011 by jonathan kelly (110 reviews written)

Clutch stopped working. Forks leaking badly. Left hand indicators stopped working. Alternator went.

A Kawasaki GPX750R is a bike I chose as i wanted a bike between a CX500 and a FJ1200 my last two bikes .

The price of it was £450, and that is not cheap, even if it is a 1988 model as when I went to resell it £285 is all I got. The seller said he dropped the price from the £600 on eBay. He took my lower offer straight away. I had the bike for six months. In order to help anyone looking on eBay… Read Full Review

“Also known as Kawasaki GPX 750R.”

Written on: 02/04/2009 by kava (3 reviews written)

Also known as Kawasaki GPX 750R.
Heavy bike but super powerful 109Hp engine. Pretty reliable, but I bought mine with 40k miles on it and it had a rocker arm about to go, which eventually went and was kind of a relief because it quieted the bike down a lot (intake rocker, 4 valves per cylinder so it was fine. I didn't know what was going on until 2 more rockers broke at over 80k miles at which point I opened it up and replaced all the intake rockers and the intake cam. I geared it up from stock… Read Full Review

Jonathan Kelly's Response to kava's Review

Written on: 07/08/2010

I have just bought one for £450 which seems incredible value for money.

Jonathan Kelly's Response to kava's Review

Written on: 21/01/2011

Mine cost only £450 but I then had to pay £450 out to keep it on the road. It needed a new alternator and alternator belt, new front forks, the was clutch leaking so stopped working which is a common fault and I had a puncture. All very expensive. As I have also found out the bike is restricted so will not go much above the speed limit!

Read 2 Comments