Calloose Caravan Park, Hayle Reviews

Calloose Caravan Park, Hayle - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Calloose Caravan Park, Hayle

“No Covid 19 precautions”

written by Claytons257 on 26/09/2020

This place is positively dangerous. We hired a static caravan. Inside the van was a notice saying that we should clean all surfaces before departure using the disinfectant wipes provided. There were no wipes. We didn't know whether the previous guests had cleaned the caravan. We were absolutely certain that the campsite staff had not - there were glasses in one of the cupboards which were absolutely filthy and there was a pair of ladies knickers hanging on one of the chairs on the veranda. The caravan itself was infested with flies. The instructions also said that the windows should be left partially open. There were two vans beside us where the last guests had done that, but one night there was a strong wind and the windows were blown totally open. There were left like that for two days, showing that the camp staff had not been anywhere near them and that they had therefore not cleaned either van.

“a great holiday”

written by castleford on 21/10/2013

I stayed here during the summer holidays with my wife and three children. We had a warm welcome on arrival and were given lots of information on things to do. We were showed to are pitch, which was large and flat. The site was clean and well maintained the showers were hot and powerful. The children loved the pool which was heated and the park was excellent too with new equipment recently installed. The park is very central and not too far from lots of beautiful beaches. Paradise Park was 4 miles away which I would recommend to any one with young children. They had family entertainment every night with some good quality acts. The night warden was very friendly and we didn’t have any problems with noise. The site had a very friendly atmosphere and made some good friends which we are meeting up with next year. I would recommend this place to anyone.

“A clean family park”

written by hannahwilton on 15/10/2013

I stayed at calloose Caravan Park twice last year. I stayed in caravan number 12 in June with my husband. The van was spotlessly clean, normally I take a little cleaning pack with me but I didn’t need it here. It is in a beautiful location in a peacefully valley, not too far from anywhere. About 10 minutes to either coast The second time I visited I took my grandchildren in the summer holidays as there is more going on for them. It was busy but I suppose all good sites are that time of year. The children loved the big play area and the pool my grandson won some money on the family quiz night on the yes no game which made his holiday, and the girls loved the disco, all in all a great family holiday. The grandchildren are already asking if we can go back next year.

“Good friendly campsite”

written by Forest2013 on 04/10/2013

We stayed here in August 2013 - a family of 6 with a fold up camper. Excellent pitch with electric hook up and own water supply. Good spacing between pitches and next to small stream. Plenty of room for an awning and gazebo alongside tent. Good facilities with an outdoor pool, games room and bar with entertainment. on site shop stocks the basics and toilets and wash facilities are clean and well maintained. Good location for western Cornwall and not far from some excellent beaches. Would happily stay here again.

“not the best”

written by on 03/09/2013

If you are looking for friendly staff for help don't bother there are none around not even on arrival at reception. Customer service nil points. Caravans supposed to have had a refurbish pity that didn't include utensils etc. Non stick frying pan no longer non stick only good for swatting numerous wasps. As for the bathroom I was cleaner before I went for a shower and the damp smell was so obnoxious it was horrendous. Unless you have a car this site isn't easily accessible and if you want any shopping don't rely on the site shop it only opens for an hour blink and you miss it. Plus point at least the sun shone brightly.

Billt1234's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2015

I see that you have the guts put your name on this review, Some folk go to caravan sites,complain like hell just to get well try to get the money back so having a free holiday, Triers dont even try to do that here.These vans are gone over with a fine tooth comb before anyone enters them.

“Excellent site.”

written by billt1234 on 03/05/2013

Found this site a few years ago, we come to this site every year, The site is very clean,toilets are spotless, and the nite life is good,really friendly barstaff,Lots of wildlife around,(pheasants,birds etc)We always find the campers here friendly too.I dont use the outdoor pool, but it is heated and the kids love it.Well worth a visit U wont be disapointed.10/10

“we are local peple, we live in hayle,we stay at...”

written by on 21/09/2010

we are local peple, we live in hayle,we stay at calloose 3 or four times a year. we usually camp for long weekends and have found the staff and facilities at calloose to be family friendly.
will continue to camp at calloose and have reccommended the site to family and friends. keep up the good work
kev and danni