JVC XV-N5 Reviews

JVC XV-N5 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for JVC XV-N5

JVC XV-N5

“Is The best DVD of the year by EISA awards ! ”

written by Carlos. on 25/02/2003

Is The best DVD of the year by EISA awards !
Is the best !

“When I contacted the JVC help desk by e-mail I got an...”

written by Donaldo. on 23/01/2003

When I contacted the JVC help desk by e-mail I got an automated response but no further contact after the alleged 4 day response window. Resorted to telephone and got the worst and i mean WORST help desk I have ever encountered. Needless to say their recommended solution was useless so I returned the unit to the vendor et voila. I am now DVDless. Doubly sad as my wife had saved up and bought it for me for Christmas !!

“When I contacted the JVC help desk by e-mail I got an...”

written by Donaldo. on 23/01/2003

“Just got this JVC XV-N5 DVD player in to replace my...”

written by Ronny38. on 24/10/2002

Just got this JVC XV-N5 DVD player in to replace my PIONEER DV646 that did not survive a thunderstorm. The unit is very light and thin, the drawer is fragile (aren't they all), but the image is very crisp, lots of possibilities to modify display. Zoom mode very good, but who wants to zoom x64, x128, x256, x512, x1024?) You can move the zoomed part of the image around. The MP3 feature is great, but will not allow random play, nor will it allow fast forward/backward. The unit will NOT read playlists. It will handle embedded directories, but moves all directories to a single level. Max 150 songs/directory. I got this one because it won the european award for best DVD player 2002/2003. I'll do a second review in a few months! JPEG viewing is OK on small files. My CD's contain my picture libraries of 2272*1600, which are unusable here (display one picture will take >30 seconds), downsampling to low resolution is very bad.. I will have to convert my pictures on a special CD down to 640*480.

71882_Gingerone.'s Response to Ronny38.'s Review

Written on: 10/02/2003

I've ordered this player but would like to know how you rate the sound on cd playback?

Read 1 Comment

“I was attracted to this JVC XV-N5 DVD player for its...”

written by pratt56. on 21/10/2002

I was attracted to this JVC XV-N5 DVD player for its low price for a machine with a 10-bit/54MHz Video D/A Converter on board. I used to have a Chinese brand dvd and the difference in picture quality is huge, the sound is crisp and it looks great.

“Picture and sound quality on the JVC XV-N5 DVD player...”

written by pettevi. on 13/10/2002

Picture and sound quality on the JVC XV-N5 DVD player is good. The player reacts fast to users commands. Remote controller can command also several other brand DVDs and TVs. It's slim but somehow has cheap plastic feeling. MP3 and jpg player can only recognise 150 files per directory but I dont know how many directories it accepts. Jpg reading is slow, it takes several seconds to display a large (1600x1200) picture but luckily displays the pic while it's reading. Also shrinking algorithm is poor and pics get a little blocky.

“This JVC XV-N5 plays svcd, dvd+rw, mp3 and cd-r with...”

written by Leif. on 11/08/2002

This JVC XV-N5 plays svcd, dvd+rw, mp3 and cd-r with jpg-pics excellent. No trouble at all. And it's a real beauty.

33260_Erik.'s Response to 32703_Leif.'s Review

Written on: 15/08/2002

Thanks, but I would need a deeper review. eg: can the player handle mp3 playlists and jpg slideshows?

Sjefern.'s Response to 32703_Leif.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2002

Does it really play dvd+r????? It only says dvd-r on it. Pleeeeeease answer!

36563_Gordon.'s Response to 32703_Leif.'s Review

Written on: 06/09/2002

Thanks, just about to order my multiregion one today
<br>looks superb

34342_Michel.'s Response to 32703_Leif.'s Review

Written on: 22/08/2002

Thanks, I just ordered one today due to its capability to show pics on Tv.
<br>I have a digital camera and like to share with others my pictures. This feature should make this DVD reader a success !

Read 4 Comments