Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment www.nisbets.co.uk

1.5

“Disingenuous claims.”

written by JohnBobby12 on 11/10/2023

"Free deliveries over £30" and "free returns" is an absolutely false claim made by Nisbets. I have been a loyal customer for over 6 years and never before had a problem. My most recent experience has been stressful and a shocking surprise. They have fobbed me off, blind sided me and will not co-operate. I bought a very large fridge. I needed an extra person to carry it into my property because I am disabled and cannot carry heavy things. The fridge was just under 2 metres tall, 3/4 metre wide and the same deep. I agreed to pay £73.75 (ex VAT) for the extra person plus £87.50 (ex VAT) for the disposal of the old fridge. The "extra person" did not come with the driver. The new fridge didn't leave the van and the old fridge hasn't moved from its original position. They even claimed I had "agreed to a restocking fee", which I absolutely hadn't!

“POOR & UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT”

written by Mooring on 04/09/2023

I wish to give them negative ratings if allowed. Worst customer-oriented place. The long pending issue, and hundreds of follow and no one from management even blinks.. The management team keeps themselves away from facing issues or maybe all on long holidays. Highly Unprofessional -

“supplying a francino coffee machine”

written by 448Driscoll on 30/06/2018

Avoid at all costs they sent a damaged coffee machine had already been sent back to them by someone else. They arranged collection for it saying a new one was on its way.It took six weeks to get a refund having had to get the credit card company to deal with. Pay a bit extra and buy from Nesbits a proffessional company and save yourself a lot of hassle.

“COMPLETE JOKE!!!!”

written by MJH2567 on 11/10/2017

ordered over £40k worth of equipment in July had a problem with Foster ice machine, informed the rep who promised to get problem sorted after 4/6 weeks seemed to be wasting my time as nothing had happened contacted Nisbets service 4 visits from engineers to find fault now in October!! eventually found fault and promised repair within 24 hrs 4 days later I make a call and told engineer would be out asap. turned up today 11/10/17 and wrong part ordered !!! it is a joke. Been buying ice now for 2 months asked for reps boss name and no reply. Plenty of other catering companies that give better service I am sure because nobody could give a worse service.

“liers”

written by Ashton1989 on 11/01/2017

I have never received such a poor service, the whole point of the name is a misrepresentaion. not next day 4 days, with appalling customer service.

“Total bandits. Advertising products and taking YOUR...”

written by 393Ortega on 14/07/2016

Total bandits. Advertising products and taking YOUR money, when they don't even have the products they are advertising.  Please don't give them your hard worked for money.

“Terrible customer care right from the top”

written by KevinPott on 17/05/2016

We purchased a Commercial freezer unit through Fridgeland who supplied the unit through Nisbets. To say the service from Nisbets was poor would be a kind statement. The unit was needed urgently and on the Fridgeland web site stated 2-3 days delivery. After a week of order being confirmed we started to contact to find out where the unit was. After Fridgeland checked with Nisbets we were told the unit was in transit and would be with us in 1-2 days. 3 days no unit, asked again and told unit was on lorry and would be with us that day. We waited 4pm no unit, called and told unit was on the lorry but could not get hold of driver on his mobile but he was near us. I waited in shop until 6pm, no unit. Next day I called and after a while fridgeland came back very embarrassed telling us Nisbets were refusing to ship to us as our street was too narrow. Now we are in a coastal town and the street is one way and narrow in places. I asked what they were delivering in and told a 3 ton lorry, I pointed out that full size dust carts, dray lorries go up the road no problem. In fact Curries delivered a unit of similar size no problem. Fidgeland went back and explained and Nisbets refused to deliver again. To cut a long story short we got the unit delivered to a kind customer of ours lower down in the town to get it to the shop ourselves. And guess what they turned up in a transit van to our customer not a 3 ton lorry, and when our customer suggested they bring the unit up to us as they were in a van, they refused. Now basically you cannot trust what Nisbets tell you, their customer support lied on more than one occasion on the status of the unit , where the unit was and then refused to work with us to deliver the unit. I now understand why such poor service is acceptable to Nisbets, as I wrote personally to the MD of Nisbets explaining the full the history and poor service and gave him the option to reply directly. Well no reply from the MD to me just indicates that arrogance and lack of customer care comes from the top of the company. So buyer beware, don't trust what they tell you, and check fully that they will deliver to your door and in a timely manner ( It took us over 3 weeks) and only because of our kind customer, not an ounce to do with Nisbets. if I could give a negative score for customer care I would.

“Worst customer service”

written by Kathy7 on 09/02/2016

Worst catering equipment reseller in uk, please don't buy from them. Only looking to sell you stuff but after that not bother to refund a item that they wrongly send. Totally not a responsible seller, big con!!!

“Polar fridges are a joke and customer service idiots”

written by Bradyn244 on 08/06/2015

I recently bought 2 polar fridges and 1 arrived damaged which I had to fight with them to get it replaced as apparently I had "signed for it" so it was my problem and should have taken it out the box to check, eh guy wouldn't give me it until I signed!!! They then both have subsequently broke down within a few months, many phone calls with robotic call staff who couldn't give a £$%%. Finally got repaired, cheap products, cheap far east components! Avoid Nisbets at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

“DREADFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NISBETS CATERING SUPPLY”

written by steffanr on 28/04/2015

As a regular customer and account holder I sought advice from Cambridge Circus (London) Store for a dual use commercial dishwasher. The assistant was not familiar with these systems but said the model he suggested would work. Unfortunately when the unit was delivered and we were about to install it appeared it was suitable for glassware only. Called the (lady) store manager was apologetic initially and said it would be collected quickly and we would receive a call to provide advice and some vouchers. Of course none of these things happened. In the event it took three weeks for collection and then no further contact despite paying a visit to the store manager who said he would deal with my call and come back to me. The Head Office customer service simply weren’t interested, consistently failed to respond to emails promptly and got so many of the details of the complaint wrong. These people really are the Ryanair of the catering equipment business and their monopoly is depressing. We won’t be using them again if I can help it and I have highlighted their attitude to other professional colleagues who are involved in procurement.

“Not next day... even when back in stock”

written by on 07/01/2015

"In stock" and next day delivery...knife turned out not to be in stock. When complained was informed the system doesn't update soon enough. It then was then changed to out of stock for a few days. Even when it came in it still took a week to deliver. Moral even they imply don't trust the "In stock" labels I notice that their linked fefo reviews show good stars Other independent review sites including this one have very few good reviews . makes you wonder? They also write on the feefo site "next day guarantee" I can't find guarantee on their shopping pages .

“Poor customer service”

written by on 02/08/2014

Ordered a new panini grill delivered damaged, looked like it had been dropped even thou the box was not damaged back right leg had gone throu the metal plate. Phoned nisbets for a replacement they said it would be delivered next day before 9am, no delivery came called them back turns out they were out of stock for a month, said they would do me a discount on a different model this cost me a further £100 when I google the model number they had sold me I found the exact same model online for the same price, to top it off the model they had sold me had shocking reviews. Nisbets over priced and bad customer service

“After rocky start”

written by Gallagher131 on 30/07/2014

After a rocky start (must ensure you check Your delivery before you sign for it ) contacted due to damaged case and was put through to management team, he not only sorted the problem quickly and efficiently and also kept me informed on the Progress of the resolution. Well done and thank you and we have Since used them again.

“Worst Service Ever”

written by Thomas_TA_11 on 10/07/2014

Never ever again. having spent THOUSANDS of pounds with Nisbets over the past 6 months - I received the worst service. The attitude stank and clearly his position of Customer Service Advisor has clearly gone to his head. I would recommend that you spend your money elsewhere and give this place the sack. RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH service. Clearly the management have not got a clue - cos if they had they would implement the systems to ensure that customers get FAIR & REASONABLE service.

“Not to Buy”

written by Ruben123 on 25/05/2014

I bought a new blender dynamic from nisbet 6 month ago. Suddenly start giving noice and stop working I phoned nisbet they said ,send machine back we will check can repair or replace ok When they received phoned me I need to pay £240+ vat for repair or cheaper to buy new I was surprized what they saying machine still under 1year warranty they said machine is mis used so we cannot do any thing. It was shocking news for me because they Hangup on me Actually machine was in new condition only used 10 min a day only for source I donot understand how it's been misused even it's made for use. They have bad servis and I was waited for 1 week to hear all that

“Very Good for Pots & Pans”

written by xenamills on 04/03/2014

I have used Nisbets many times and found them to be an excellent mail order company. Great products and very good prices. I particularly like the Vogue range. They offer a very good next day service that has let me down only once before. I have recommended to many friends including my local curry house! Also some great kitchen gadgets I have not seen elsewhere.

“Avoid this company”

written by Cumbria2013 on 16/12/2013

I placed an order on the 30th November. I rang twice on Tuesday 10th to ask where my order was, each time someone said they would ring me back, they didn't. I sent 4 emails, none of which were replied to. I rang on Wednesday afternoon and was told my order had been returned to them as the box was damaged in transit. I asked had a replacement been sent, I was told yes, and would arrive by Friday. It is now Monday 16th December, 16 days after I placed my order, yet it has still not arrived. No-one answers the phone or replies to any emails. I am now going to contact my credit card company. I would not recommend anyone to use this company. It is also trades under the name catering supermarket. Looking at the other reviews, I think it all reads that the company is very badly run.

“Awful service.... still waiting for Refund.”

written by nnaws on 13/12/2013

I paid extra for guaranteed next day delivery by 6pm, product ordered was 2 x Beverage servers, a water boiler and an airpot for using on a funeral tea. They arrived 3 days after the funeral! If you ring your kept on hold for 5 minutes and then told all agents are busy please call later, if you get through and ask for accounts no one answers and you have to ring back again.... All I'm asking for is a refund on my postage, I was offered the airpot free as compensation which I accepted but I can't get a reply from the company and all I get is fobbed off by an agent when I do get through on the phone and her apologies. I've even sent them an email message which hasn't been replied to!!

“never used worst provider”

written by on 12/12/2013

I returned the order a few weeks ago and still haven't heard from them in regards to the refund. No one bothered even to reply to my emails. No customer service whatsoever. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!

“They promise next day deliver but it never happens”

written by gwyndaf on 15/11/2013

Awful timekeeping rude customer service. Having 5 business I will never buy off them again, shocking!