Whitby, Saxonville Hotel Reviews

Whitby, Saxonville Hotel - Ask a question now

“Good accommodation ”

written by JoManchester on 24/05/2014

I took my mum to Whitby as she had never been before and we were happy with our accommodation. The room was lovely and clean with everything we needed. I've stayed in a couple of places here before and will say the room was the best I've stayed in whitby. The staff were very welcoming and polite. There was only a few very minor points of feedback which I wouldn't let affect my 5 star score. The car park was a £6 deposit which you got £5 back at check out. It's only £1 but that's the point if your paying £120 per night for a double room I don't think there should be a £1 parking charge. There was a lack of communication between staff as we're were told at check in that the bar was open until 23.45 but when we got back for a night cap at 23.15 we were told it closed at 23.00. Not sure if this makes any difference but we stayed a Friday night. The last thing is that my mum has arthritis in her knee and I have a number of long term illnesses and would have appreciated a lift. But it's understandable as they may not be enough room. On the whole I would recommend it.