Computeach Reviews - www.computeach.co.uk

Computeach www.computeach.co.uk - Ask a question now

“the company closed down in 2014”

written by MalachiHumphrey457 on 30/07/2022

with all the dodgy salesman it is no wonder the company went bankrupt in 2014. Some students couldnt even afford the deposit for the course payment. One salesman is known to have provided the money for this just to make the sale. Once the sale was made and the 14 day period ended, the student was on their own! In most cases students had to pay the money PLUS the interest for the loan even after their course had finished. Otherwise they sent the heavies around.

“Zero Stars”

written by MakenaPearson375 on 10/03/2021

I had a Computeach Salesman visit my house, because Salesman is what they most definitely are, and give me the spiel for the course I wanted to study at the time, which was Java Programming. During this spiel, he informed me that I would have access to an online site, on site training, and various other course materials, which were 'just about to be released'. I pointed out to him that I was currently studying another course, so would like to finish that first before signing up for this one. This didn't matter he assured me, because I could begin the Computeach course 'at any time'. I signed up for the Computeach course and continued my other course. I then became sick, and so was delayed in starting the Computeach course. When I did then begin it, NONE of the online website, on site training, or other course materials promised by the Salesman materialised, or in fact had ever actually existed, and I found myself having paid £3500 for a binder and a textbook of IT terms. Worse still, when I then went to move on to the next part of the course, the charming Computeach then demanded another £750 from me, stating that I 'had not completed the first part of my course in the specified time', despite this at NO TIME being mentioned by their Salesman, and him in fact informing me of the exact opposite, in order to pressure me to sign up to the course as soon as possible, and in fact before he left my property. When I rightfully complained about this, on that count, and regarding the content of the course, and had in fact paid a vast amount of money for virtually nothing, and even that they were apparently attempting to charge me more for, for pedantic and ridiculous reasons, Computeach sent me a bullying letter, stating that 'most students would have completed the first part of the course faster than I had', which was totally unnecessary, and completely irrelevant, since I had, as I had made it perfectly plain, first not actually been studying the course, since I was busy working full time and actually studying another course first, and had then become seriously ill and not been able to study at all, so their bullying and frankly pathetic letter was just another tactic to prevent me from either continuing my studies, and to state again, as any decent company would, that they 'Never give refunds under ANY circumstances'. I can see from the hundreds of dissatified customers online, which is not something I was able to look up previously, that hundreds of people have been treated exactly as I was, by this thoroughly disreputable company, sending out SALESMEN, pretending to 'assess' people for IT courses, when they were in fact, simply SALESMEN, trying to reach targets, by whatever means necessary, and once they had your signature on the dotted line, you were simply cannon fodder. Trusting this company was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. Instead of actually being able to study programming, as I wished to, they took the my entire redundancy payment, kept it, and refused to even give me the pathetic course they in fact offered, as opposed to the one their Salesman promised, unless I met their ransom demands for yet more money, which no one in their right minds would pay any company who had already behaved in this manner. They are, in a word, DISGUSTING, and they should be, ASHAMED OFTHEMSELVES. My life was forever changed by them, and not for the better. I will never forget the consequences of their disgusting money grabbing actions, particularly when they knew I had been seriously ill, and they were taking all the money I had and giving me NOTHING in return, and I strongly suggest that others heed my warning about this company, and ANY company associated with them, and any management or staff who willingly worked for them.

“Perfect Site”

written by 404Hanna on 12/10/2020

It took me some time to decide. Perfect materials for learning.

“bought a software developer course some years ago...”

written by spammemothers on 07/09/2020

bought a software developer course some years ago after a very convincing salesman speech. Did some research AFTERWARDS (yep, got caught hook line and sinker) and found their certification isn't really recognised by anyone and I could learn the same amount for about £80 at college instead of the near £5k they'd charged me! managed to cancel it and have been a software engineer for many years no thanks to Computeach

“Computeach - look elsewhere ”

written by 1982Mahoney on 02/04/2020

Over priced courses, without proper material or teachings. Look elsewhere for better alternatives.

“Computeach did not give good value for money”

written by Ash-Lee-G on 26/11/2019

I signed up to Computeach (also known as Con'puteach on the Facebook group about them) back in 2008. I was given 3 years to pass the CompTIA A+ and the MCSE. They signed me up to the Windows XP MCSE and when Windows 7 came out in 2009, they refused to upgrade my course to the Windows 7 MCSE because Windows XP was becoming obsolete at the time, despite the fact that I'd paid them (in cash out of my savings) £5650! The course materials were purposefully sub standard to prevent you from getting the knowledge to enable you to pass the exams, they did this to prevent you from doing the exams (like their policy of requiring you to get a pass mark of 90% in their online practice tests before they would let you take an exam - which meant it took me 2 years to pass the CompTIA A+, a qualification that should only take 6 to 8 months to pass).  I also sent them numerous letters complaining about the course, the materials and their policy of preventing me from taking the exams unless I got to their 90% mark, even though a pass for CompTIA was around 75%!

“Not worth the money”

written by marcusstockton on 11/06/2019

I spent the best part of £5k back in 2006 for a 2-year course in a bid to get me trained up as a software developer. A salesman came round, sold me the moon on a stick, and I chose the software developer route. Then the 1st book came - Internet And Core Computing - I asked about this as I was expecting something around software development. They said it's standard as a way to build up my knowledge from the ground up. Completed this course in a month or two, then the next book came - MCDST (Microsoft Certifed Desktop Support Technician) - again, asked them about this, they said it was to help me get placed in the industry. This took me around 1 year to complete. Finally got a programming book, that was pretty poor. Struggled through with this, trying to get into training sessions that were rarely on, and not usually at a suitable time when they were. The whole thing was a joke really, making students jump through hoops to get to what they had paid for. I had hoped they would give me a structured course plan but instead seemed to palm off their books. I would add that I am now a software developer, but it is with no thanks to computeach, as I learned more from youtube, and google than anything that computeach provided.

“GREAT INTODUCTION TO IT”

written by Afiz1 on 27/09/2017

Great learning Materials and help support from tutors. The books and CD really gave indept expanaltion of course and I made my IBA certification exam in one seating. Thank You CompuTeach

Ash-Lee-G's Response to Afiz1's Review

Written on: 26/11/2019

What a load of bull. Clearly a review created to balance out all the other bad reviews.

Read 1 Comment

“This course is a waste of time and money. Don't do it!”

written by LeeMoran21 on 19/09/2016

This course is a waste of time and money. Don't do it!

Andymonaghan's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2018

There are better ways of wasting £ 3.5k . The so called tutorial support is a waste of space. You phone a " tutor" up & the best advise they can give was to " reread the material " The manuals rhey gave you were rubbish. As far as im concerned its one huge sham

“CONMEN!”

written by Web_designer on 28/06/2016

Their learning material is years out of date. It's structured in such a way that it takes longer than necessary to complete the course, in order to make you pay more than you need to. They do not provide any useful practical methods to practice what you learn. When you repeatedly ask for practical examples, they refer you to free content on third party websites. They neither have the resources, or the knowledge to effectively help you to learn skills. Everything they advertise is available from other sources for FREE, and at a better quality.

Andymonaghan's Response to Web_designer's Review

Written on: 03/04/2018

Its just an elaborate way of taking your money.

Read 1 Comment

“Fraudulent online company ”

written by Ograiet on 31/03/2016

Olusegun Opanuga, paid fully for my Database course and no Certificate received and no one to speak to.

“Back in 2008, i found a full page ad in the Metro free...”

written by Amber372 on 12/12/2015

Back in 2008, i found a full page ad in the Metro free paper. Got an appointment with a salesman, turned up to my house in a Ferrari. Bloody hell, i thought to myself. Signed up just thinking of that car, because the salesman said, you can have one, if you do this course. He picked the course, i signed on the dotted line. Now, it is almost the end of 2015. Not heard nothing from Computeach, since i signed on the dotted line. Just the debt collection agency i still pay to this day £20 a month. The course was for £20,000 and, can start paying a year later after signing. Do the maths, still got a long way to go to pay it off. And to make matters worse, when i signed up, after a month of not hearing anything. I phoned Computeach, they say they never even heard of me, not got nothing on their system about me. I will never sign up to nothing online, or an advert from a magazine or paper.

“Don't bother with them go to proper college or uni ”

written by hjWeeks279 on 03/08/2015

I lost 5000 pounds with them sending me just txt books and no tutor support basicly when call them they just like read in books we send you,plz don't waste money with them,in the end I joined college and got qualified I would not recommend anyone to use them.

“Arduous, unrewarding and pointless!!!”

written by the_webber on 13/02/2015

My course with Computech was one of the worst experiences I have ever had in my life! I already had experience in web design, and decided that I wanted to get properly qualified via a course where I would be able to capitalize on my experience to complete the course faster than the novices that the course is designed for. Firstly the course materials that are provided are terrible! They are badly worded, inaccurate, and out dated. They are structured in such a confusing and disjointed manner that it is very difficult to assimilate information in any meaningful way. Computeach do not provide a practical way to actually practice what you eventually manage to decipher from their learning materials. Everything that is in their learning materials is available for free elsewhere on the internet, and is provided in a much more user friendly and practical manner. I know this, because these are the resources that Computeach refer you to if you ask them for assistance!!! Awful, useless, disingenuous company! Stay well clear unless you want to waste money!

“Employers beware”

written by on 30/09/2014

Much like the previous reviewer, employers need to seriously consider any prospective employee armed with a Computeach certification. In my own experience, I've seen Computeach-qualified, future employees with little experience, no common sense, and out-of-date knowledge. When discussing industry standard skills and practices, all I received were blank expressions and phrases along the lines of "We didn't cover that." or "That wasn't in the course." We even attempted to hire a front-end, UI, website constructor with a Computeach certification, but he knew very little about the industry practices, not having covered those, and told us (amazingly) his female tutor simply 'read from a book' and had no industry experience whatsoever! As employers, how can we employ people whom aren't taught the necessary industry standard to do the job we provide with minimal instruction? How can you claim to teach 'industry recognised skills' and give an unrealistic salary expectation to coax customers? My advice to potential customers is this: before you commit to their study, ensure you know what the industry you wish to get into wants/needs to see and ensure Computeach deliver it. In my experience as a recruitment manager, they don't. If they can't deliver, go elsewhere and save your money for a better qualification provider.

“Would never employ someone with their qualification again!”

written by on 26/07/2014

I've signed up to write this review as a manager of a small IT team. I'd never heard of computeach and only after the nightmare 6 months I've just had did I come here to read reviews. Reviews are from students and appear to be fairly mixed. So let me tell you about my experience as an employer so if your 50/50 on whether to go there you can make a decision. I interviewed 3 people, all with Computeach certifications. All passed their exams with pass rates in the 90s. They interviewed very well, came across very confident in themselves and their ebilities. I'm not sure if thats the type of people they were or the result of Computeach telling them they were awesome. Regardless I took all 3 on with entry level IT positions. What lead me to this site and to learn more about Computeach is that all had a 6 month probation period. After which I've had to get rid of all of them!!! I've never had to fire an employee before, yet alone 3 and its lost me weeks of sleepness nights. I've done everything I could think of to help them. They've driven the team mad, lost us customers, cost us thousands in replacement hardware. I have no idea what they are teaching them at Computeach and whether this is a typical scenario. But since they scored 90% + in their exams I expected them to have a basic IT knowledge. But no, they were completely useless at every task I tried to find for them. Case in point, my highest scoring computeach student, I allowed him to set up his own computer. I said "grab a HDMI cable from the cupboard". He replied with "Whats a HDMI cable?". I then watched in horror for 25 minutes as he tried to connect his monitor to his computer via HDMI. All the holes are shaped! Really!?!? I'm getting angry just remembering. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so cockey about their abilities and had their Computeach certificate thrust under my nose several times (one of them blue tacked his on the wall above his desk!). Sorry, back to point. Next time I see a CV with a Computeach certificate its going straight in the bin!!! For the 3 individuals its been a shortcut to the job centre. Having now seen Computeachs promises, they promise 40k jobs given the right certification. I'd love to know the percentage of their students on this promised 40k. If you really believe a 3 month qualification will get you a 40k job then just click the earn £1500 a day working at home link instead and do me a favour. My final advice as an employer is: avoid their subscription based qualifications. Do a BTEC First, AS levels, redo your GCSEs, get a City & Guilds, NVQ, help a local school or charity for free whilst you learn from a book or google. Any of the above will help you and whilst may be more expensive in the beginning, you will keep them for life, not have to pay a subscription or have them taken off you! The way to a 40k job is via proper education, studying, experience, hard work. There is no 3 month shortcut.

“£3000 for £300 exams - the worst company I have ever...”

written by GP1980 on 21/01/2014

I enrolled in 2008 for £3000, the package included 3 MS certificates. I asked to be put forward for the first exam and they refused until I passed their tests (nothing like the real exam). The only help my tutor gave was to email some links to MSDN! I could not get any help at all. I eventually paid £90 to Prometric directly (this is the company who run all the exams) and passed with over 900. Passed the remaining 2 - total price £270. They also refused to release the reading material for the second course, material I had paid for. The staff only agreed to release the second batch of materials upon termination of the whole course (no refund given). They suggested I shouldn't have taken the course and a complaint to management got a response bordering on abusive. I have never in my life be treated so appallingly. I've since done Open University and have completed a further 6 MS courses, and I am now in a job paying nearly £40K a year - so a big up-yours Compu! Please, as someone who works in the industry I cannot emphasise this enough AVOID THIS COMPANY YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING THEY ARE OFFERING FOR 10% OF THE PRICE. If you want to kick start your career go the MS route alone or do a degree online.

“there is nothing to dislike about computeach....”

written by on 23/09/2013

there is nothing to dislike about computeach. Helpfull and friendly staff, great website and book for studying, and even if i decide that working with computers isn't my thing, it will still come in handy as a knowlage! i have already recomended this site to two other people! keep up the good work!

Ash-Lee-G's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2019

What a load of bull! Clearly a review created to balance out the negative reviews from genuine reviews.

Thunderbirdsarego123's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2022

the company did specialise in that

Thunderbirdsarego123's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2022

12 months later the company went bankrupt.

Read 3 Comments

“Great service and value for money!”

written by on 20/09/2013

I spent a lot of time deciding which IT training provider I should go with, and I'm really glad I went with Computeach. Right from the start I had great support. They listened to my needs and personalised a learning path that was right for me. This included a number of courses and certificates. I just missed out on passing my first exam (my own fault), but they provide free resits so I passed soon after. I know from friends who went with other training providers that this is value for money as they had to pay extra for their resits. So all in all I'm really impressed with Computeach's support, materials and career development plan. Wouldn't have got the job I'm in now if it hadn't been for them.

“Thank you !”

written by primax on 12/09/2013

I had took some time to decide where and who to start my course with and as i am not a very academic person this was a task in its self. I had found many companies offering the CompTIA courses at some very reasonable prices however few offered the exam and resits needed by some as an all in one bundle. I had spoken to computeach a few times and a little nervous about the costs involved as i am fronting all this myself. I asked for particular times to pay and what ever i asked didn't seem to be a problem at all. I am now near the end of the first part and the skillsoft learning environment is great, clear and informative. I have learnt no end and how the system is set up you cant really just skim through it which is great. Looking forward to completing my first part and moving on. A great course, and some great people too who want you to learn and pass. Thank you !