The O2 Arena, London Reviews

The O2 Arena, London - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The O2 Arena, London

The O2 Arena, London

“Customer Care doesn't exist ”

Written on: 16/10/2019 by AlbertaBrian (1 review written)

We flew to London to attend the Alice Cooper concert. A few before we ordered tickets on the SECURE website. After receiving nothing from AXS I sent them a note and they told me purchase had not gone through but didn't know why. I purchased tickets again and received a confirmation email. The tickets were to be delivered to my mobile 2 days before the concert. When we arrived in London the day before the concert we hadn't received the tickets. I telephoned (35 minutes) only for them to say the purchased hadn't gone through AGAIN. But, they couldn't understand why I had a confirmation number. The man said he would look into it and send me an email. Never received, I send three emails only one reply telling me to phone another number. Need less to say we didn't get to see the concert. I sent them another three emails about this ordeal and have yet to receive the curtesy of a reply. Now that's customer care

“World gone mad!”

Written on: 14/06/2016 by mdBroussard161 (1 review written)

Buying drinks at O2 bar, I bought 2 pints plus 2 bottles of water. Girl at bar took cap lids off water bottles; I said leave them on as I was on my own carrying 2 pints plus would put bottles in my pockets, needed lids on so I didn't spill them. She explained she had to remove them! Manager explained that though the O2 was insured for people to slip up on water, they were not insured for people to slip up on stray bottle tops. Manager offered to let the bar girl carry my water bottles all the way up to my seat carrying water bottles, which she duly did - thank you. Obviously not staffs fault, they admitted it was mad; blame for crazy world lies between insurers and O2. Just another example of American/sue me culture taking over?

“Expensive refreshments”

Written on: 16/03/2016 by Shieldsvh90 (1 review written)

The Rudimental concert was fastest I. The cost of refreshment was very expensive soft drink. Beer and chips £12.50!

“O2 Block Level 4 seating is a Death Trap!”

Written on: 06/12/2015 by Brooklynnw22 (1 review written)

Please if you are going to the O2 Arena and are seated on Level 4, be warned it is dangerous and very steep. I suffered a panic attack whilst waiting to see Madonna on 1st December 2015. I have complained to customer services, however they refuse to offer a partial refund due whilst others were offered upgraded seats! Never ever do I want to go to the O2 again!

“Gauchos Restaurant O2”

Written on: 03/06/2013 by FrintonLady (3 reviews written)

We have been to the Restarant at O2 several times and book in as soon as we know there is a show we want to see, if not you dont get in, the place is always busy and the food and atmosphere great. Steaks are to die for and service fast and friendly, great wines. The only problem is the time given at the table on busy days is limited but as it is so good give it try. If you are unsure which cut of meat you like the waiter brings a selection on a tray to help you choose.

“not treated great”

Written on: 15/04/2013 by MrsCoop (1 review written)

the show that i went to see was fantastic (madness :)) would highly recommend seeing them BUT the o2 arena could of been better, we where treated a bit like cattle, if you are a smoker you can not leave for a quick one as they wont let you back in. The price of drinks is huge 5 quid for a beer! and we spent ages queuing at the bar (min 4 drinks at a time to) for them to decide that unless u where standing at a till u wouldn't get served so we had to be ushered (would like to say the bar was so packed it was like being a sardine not that i mind just giving an idea of the Que size) to the back again. Fair enough they where trying to get some order but maybe they should of thought of it before and put up some barriers for queuing or something so we didn't stand there for 30 mins to be told to stand back and start again as we just gave up on the beer front :(

“the script gig”

Written on: 26/03/2013 by stunellf (1 review written)

my husband and daughter saw the script on 23rd march.they said the concert was phenomenal.fantastic song choices and brilliant audience participation.will definately see them again.

“I love the O2 Arena ”

Written on: 10/03/2013 by LaurenXo (2 reviews written)

I've been to the O2 Arena around 7 times now and each time I've loved being there. I've had some of the best days there and I just love being there. I've been in level 4 around 3 times now and although I can't see the acts actual faces, I can see because of the screens. I do enjoy being in level 4 too, it's always a great atmosphere and I love being with 20,000 other fans too. I'm not too keen on the queues that I have to line-up in 1) to get merchandise and 2) to get into the venue. Although, the line for the merchandise does go down quickly and the line for going into the venue also goes down quickly when the doors open. I always really look forward to going to the O2 Arena, not only are there loads of restaurants but there's loads of people that are as excited as you are. The security that check bags and tickets can be a little grumpy from time-to-time but I guess that's because they have to deal with 20,000 people. I just love the O2 Arena and I think anyone that wants to go should go. The merchandise can also be a little expensive but I suppose that's not the venue's fault, I also like the way they play music before the concert. Brilliant venue

“Nice place to visit”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by Sophiastar (2 reviews written)

Been here a few times on different occasions - Lots of places to eat and drink. The only negative thing I have to say is that the parking is wayyyyy tooo expensive. But overall good place to go at least once in a lifetime.

“nickleback concert”

Written on: 24/10/2012

Best concert i've ever been to. We had the best seats in the venue, we could see everything. The people at o2 were very helpful and friendly. The venue was easy to get to by train. 888.com were very helpful i will be using them again to get tickets to the next concert.There was nothing we didn't like we had a fantastic night.

“SECURITY MANNED BY THE BIGGEST THUGS YOU CAN IMAGINE”

Written on: 16/05/2012

Our special family night out was totally ruined by these Neanderthals who accused us of having fake etickets tickets. They were in a Viagogo envelope that I had used to keep them safe. Only after I produced photographic evidence which showed the name on the ticket was the same as mine were we allowed in. My 10-year old daughter was terrified and in tears for most of the evening, thinking we were going to be arrested. Will not be returning to the O2 until they rethink their door policy.

“Drove to the O2 on a Saturday night for a Supercross...”

Written on: 06/02/2009 by mabdevil (28 reviews written)

Drove to the O2 on a Saturday night for a Supercross event. pre-paid for ticketless parking, but upon arrival, we didn't know which car park we were supposed to park in. The O2 and all of the car parks are clearly signed and we would have chosen to park in one closest to the Arena. No. This is a pay and display. We went to the car park next door and the attendant said he had no idea, as he was nothing to do with O2 and worked for NCP!

Went in a 3rd car park and used the intercom to speak to someone who finally told us that pre-paid parking is CAR PARK 1. When we drove back out of the area to find car park 1, we nearly missed the entrance, because the car parks are not signposted on the way out (even though we were on a main road and not simply exiting the car parks.

So if you have ticketless parking at the O2, park anywhere you like in car park 1. You insert your payment card (used to buy tickets and parking) into the ticket machine and are allowed entry. No card is needed on exit, as attendants wave you out. Thiis did seem strange, as the car park is also appears to be used as a pay on exit type! Confused yet?

The O2 itself is a fine structure. Of course, remember it is just a huge tent, so not warm inside. There are a number of restaurants that have seating inside and outside (although I mean only outside the restaurant inside the giant tent!). If it's cold, you will queue for a seat inside, as it really is not comfortable enough to sit outside. This will be worse if there is a big or well-attended show. Good food, though, but then you can't really go wrong with Pizza Express!

Entry to the Arena appears to be through one point only. There are fast track and normal entry points, though a number of doors are opened. You will be searched - bags included - on entry and all lids from plastic bottles must be removed on Health and Safety grounds. No glass.

There are fast food concessions once you get inside the concourse and these are well-stocked and serviced. There are official people walking around selling drinks, too, which helps with the queues!

Remember to buy a programme outside, as the vendors inside are not too common, although they do come around once the event starts.

One issue was with the Stewards. They wear grey/black fleeces and are not as apparent as, say, at a football match, where they would be dressed in high-vis jackets. This became a problem when a little drunken scuffle broke out.

The view was excellent. As it was motorsport event, you needed to be able to see the whole track and this was possible. Although the seats are a little small (I'm average height and build - honest!), you don't really notice it. Oh, and they're not cheap plastic seats, but have cushions and armrests!

I sent an e-mail to customer services with a few comments about parking and stewards and they responded very quickly and not with a stock reply. They took my comments on board and would look to improve! Excellent!

We would go back to watch events, especially as we're wiser now. A great arena, well run. Just needs some tweaks.