The Hand & Flowers, Marlow Reviews

The Hand & Flowers, Marlow - Ask a question now

“Does the chief know best?”

Written on: 02/12/2012

Two Michelin stars! Why? My husband and two friends and myself dined at the above pub restaurant last night. One had duck two had Venison and one had pork. chips were extra on the venison at £4 each. Not only was there very little Venison but the chips were exceptional salty, so also were the sprouts. The duck dish which came with chips, were not salty. when we complained about the pork leaking pink juice and the saltiness of the food we were told that that was how the chief did it and that the pork was cooked in a water bath and that was how it should be PINK, we were more or less told that was how it was so there, what do you know about cooking. In the past week I have eaten at the Roux at Landau where I had Venison a lot more on my plate,very tasty and not salty. I then spent the day in Le Gavroche kitchen where the food was prepared with skill and attention to detail and taste - nothing was salty. How can two restaurants both with two Michelin stars be rated the same. The hand and flowers let me down badly and I will never eat there again or recommend it to my large circle of friends. I am a fully qualified Home Economist and have been cooking for over 40 years so I do know something about food.