My Sister's Keeper Reviews

Summary

You can also read reviews on the Judi Picoults' best selling book My Sister's Keeper, on which this blockbuster is based.
My Sister's Keeper - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for My Sister's Keeper

“So over rated. I thought this would be a brilliant...”

written by Heidix on 05/08/2010

So over rated. I thought this would be a brilliant film, don't get me wrong, it was very touching & it was a good film but I expected more.
I know many people were annoyed that it didn't follow the same story line as the book, it ends in a different way apparently.
I haven't read the book so I don't know that ending & I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the film, but it is really sad & you're bound to cry (if you have a heart!!). It's worth watching at some point, but it's not really a must see!

“It was a really good film, but like most sad films I...”

written by charlottematthews96 on 03/02/2010

It was a really good film, but like most sad films I had to go into the kitchen and peek around the wall to watch the ending to save the embarrassment of flooding with tears when watching it with my mum! Good acting, good everything except one thing - what is up with the ending?
I read the book - one of my absolute favourites - and in the film everything's exactly the same until the final five minutes is COMPLETELY different! Wait, spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched it yet so skip the next sentence or so!
In the film, Kate dies from cancer but in the book after the trial Anna is driving back from court with her lawyer who has an epileptic fit and crashes, killing Anna. The doctor's say there's nothing they can do but to save the other sister's life they could still use the kidney and give it to Kate who blame's it on herself for her sister's death. They all agree with the transplant and Kate get's better and goes on to living her life and trying to achieve Anna's dreams.
What's that all about? But other than that - AMAZING!

“My Sister's Keeper is a really great film and I would...”

written by meggirlr on 30/06/2009

My Sister's Keeper is a really great film and I would recommend it to anyone! i went to see it with my mum who has read the book and she said the film's ending is better than the book's! it's all about a girl called Anna (Abigail Breslin) who was born to give her sister Kate (who has cancer) blood and body parts. when she is supposed to give her a kidney, she decides to sue her parents for the rights of her own body. at the court case, Anna finally gives in and tells them the secret to why she has been acting so strangely. it's really sad in the end but it is SO COOL i would recommend it to anyone!!