Distinctive Chesterfields Reviews - www.distinctivechesterfields.com

Media Gallery for Distinctive Chesterfields - www.distinctivechesterfields.com

Distinctive Chesterfields - www.distinctivechesterfields.com

“Buy from dfs ”

written by SarahJackson84 on 25/05/2022

Think twice before buying your new sofa from this company! I can’t tell you how upset and disappointed I am after spending over £2000 on our sofa! Yes the sofas looks lovely and the frame is fine etc the issue we are having is the cheap, flimsy leather that’s been used! Our cat isn’t allowed in the living room anymore. He’s a gentle cat who has never purposely scratched the sofas, if he lands on the sofa wrong he just wrecks it. The sofas are constantly covered which isnt the look I wanted. I hoovering the living room today and caught it with my wedding ring which has left another scrape i don’t want in the leather. We had our old leather sofas from dfs over 10 years ago and they were that good we were able to re sell them on market place for a fair price…we’ve had kids, cats and dogs on that sofa and never had any issues. These ones haven’t lasted a year so far let alone 10. We’ve messaged the company for advice and to let them know about the leather as its not withstanding family life. They asked us for proof with pictures which we sent weeks ago and now we are being ignored which I DO NOT appreciate and I am seeking further advice on this matter from citizens advice! Thanks for nothing especially ignoring an unhappy customer that’s not how to do business

“Do not order from this company”

written by Whitakertw219 on 22/11/2021

I’ve had the worst luck with this company. After waiting more than 16 weeks for my order, the delivery was rescheduled 7 times! I should have requested a refund after the second reschedule but I was afraid of having to wait another 16 weeks with a different company. Anyways, once I finally got my delivery, the sofa, which I paid almost another $400 for “white glove” delivery arrived with 6 different areas of damage. After contacting the company regarding the issue they told me to keep the sofa and they’d have another made. Now everytime I try to call or email, I get no response. It’s now been 3 weeks since the last delivery date and I have yet to hear anything. I strongly do not recommend this company. I believe I was beyond patient and tried working with them due to understanding that covid put a wrench in everything but I have been taken advantage of. The lack of customer service from the delivery company and distinctive chesterfield is not acceptable especially for the cost.

“terrible overall quality”

written by JamirLindsey233 on 13/11/2021

I ordered 2 leather Chesterfield wingbacks for about $3000. After the expected wait of several weeks they arrived ('white glove delivery'). Legs on both were damaged - one was leg broken and aeach l of the legs were supposed to have a tight fitted dowel for stability. The dowels were too small and narrow to work. Both chairs had back panels permanently stretched out of shape. Their response was to say a furniture specialist would come to fix them. That took about 6 weeks and after 10 minutes, he said he couldn't fix the damage. After another 5 weeks they picked them up after they had sat, unusable, in our living room for about 2 1/2 months. I received a refund about 7 months after my original purchase! The owner never showed any particular empathy or interest in addressing my problem I had to initiate each correspondence. She even offered me 15% if I would just keep these inferior products. I can't remember ever having such terrible service, while they were holding my $3000. I am in my 70's and have never posted any review before, but this must be reported. Do not do business with this organization You may have similar problems.

“Appalling customer service”

written by Sharonrowe on 15/07/2021

Springs gone after few months and they blamed me for misuse. I’m 8 stone, 60 years old and no visitors due to Covid. Then blamed my dogs. There was visible damage On delivery which I reported but hadn’t been able to see internal damage and two seater wasn’t used so damage went unnoticed. Woman in head office was adamant I did the damage. Even said it was dogs from my kennel business that must have been on the sofas. Anything but accept responsibility

“*** Do not buy from Distinctive Chesterfields ***”

written by on 17/12/2020

If I could give less I would, this feedback is mostly in relation to the attitude of the sales, management & pathetic customer service. I spent over £6k with this company just over a year ago and the purchase was supposed to include a 5 year protection plan. One of my sofas has a whole arm that has completely lost its colour, I phoned the insurance people to ask what can be done to rectify it, they said I didn't have a plan in place and even if I did the plan wouldn't cover it because its a fault with the leather and sealant and the manufacturer should rectify it. I rang Distinctive Chesterfields London and explained the situation and emailed all the details which they just ignored even after repeated (8) chaser emails and (6) phone calls. They eventually palmed it off to the Northern office who were just as bad and dismissive. It would appear they are charging for protection plans but not actually supplying them, hoping the customer wont notice! Even when challenged they refused to accept responsibility/acknowledge for not setting up the policy. and said that I am now covered, 3 weeks later still nothing received and no cover! I requested a local leather repair specialist to assess the situation & quote accordingly. They came back and said it's a fault of the colouring and leather sealant and because of its location on the arm it has accelerated the fading. They quoted £360 for fixing the fault and sealing it properly. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Distinctive Chesterfields. They are all nice and helpful whilst selling as soon as they get your money nothing and rude! This is quiet obvious NOW whilst reading other reviews! *** In general do not buy from Distinctive Chesterfields, dishonest & rude seller *** I for one will never buy from them again and suggest you don't either.

“Avoid at all costs ”

written by JaiDhana on 12/02/2018

Avoid at all costs..if only a zero rating was possible. The workmanship of the actual pieces that arrive is shocking to say the least. We purchased 3 pieces from the London studio after spending £4000, all was good until the delivery day arrived. Bad pleats, damaged feet, creased velvet, creaking sounds the list is never ending. After much back and forth the sofas were collected to be ‘repaired’. To our horror, they came back with little improvement !!! The regional manager point blank refused to take the sofas back and simply said the quality was acceptable. What makes things worse is we kept all the original photos from the studio and the sofas look complete different ! Again no solution provided. Reluctantly we accepted that we had no recourse, now a few months later the pleats have stared to come undone again. Please, please please avoid this outfit. We are now in the conversation with a furniture ombudsman and we fear the only action left is legal. Jai Dhana.

“Warning >>>”

written by Cotties33 on 28/09/2017

WARNING TO CUSTOMERS >>>We had to pay a full deposit amount which was over 10,000. We were also told it would be three months. It is now 9 months from purchase and still we have no chesterfeilds. I would recommend avoiding destictive chesterfeilds australia. Very dodgy. We still havnt seen our money or chesterfeilds.

“BUYER BEWARE! We are still waiting 16 months later!!”

written by NickRoth247 on 27/02/2016

We ordered a sofa from DISTINCTIVE CHESTERFIELDS in October 2014, with an original ETA of PRE-Christmas 2014. We paid upfront in full. We have been beyond reasonable with this company, and despite requesting a full refund many times over the nearly 12 months before we received our order, we allowed them to sweet talk us with fresh assurances and broken promises. Our order finally arrived in September 2015, after many lies, false and misleading statements from a company that refused to sign emails with anything other than DC Team. Our sofa arrived with the wrong legs, and it took over a month to get replacment legs (still not the correct ones). We are still waiting on our promised complimentary cushions and footrest which were supposed to be sent with our order. The company no longer responds to our emails and we have lodged a dispute with the Office of Fair Trading. Due to our experience, I would believe every positive review on this page to be false and written by the company themselves. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! Tax Invoice Morgan031114 is our proof of purchase.

“First Class ”

written by CCBGB on 21/02/2014

It always feels a little fraught when buying an expensive item on-line. Our experience with Distinctive Chesterfields (DS) has, however, been first class. The sofa is stunning, we are truly delighted with it. The support and advice from DS is excellent, and they seem genuinely thrilled to know that you're happy with their product. I rarely write on-line reviews, but this company absolutely deserve the effort. I cannot recommend them highly enough, and their Chesterfields really are things of beauty.

“Extremely happy in Buckinghamshire”

written by CathyinBucks on 20/12/2013

I looked at this for 4 months before ordering and had wanted to go up to the show room to actually look at the quality. As it was closed I had to take a chance and go by the reviews. What fantastic service - it was delivered a week early (December 16th), on time (8am) and I have not stopped smiling since they dropped it off. The only draw back are the arguments between my children as to who gets to sit on it. It is lovely to look at, well made, comfortable and everything we wanted and more. I will be ordering a foot stool in January.

“Custom Fabric Chesterfield”

written by magrillz on 05/12/2013

We recently got in touch with Distinctive Chesterfields to ask if they could make us one of their sofas with a fabric we had sourced ourselves. Distinctive Chesterfields were more than accommodating with this. We decided to travel up to the showroom/factory and were given a full tour of the facilities by Mark who even waited behind normal hours for us as we got held up in traffic. The factory area was spotless and all staff very friendly. We ended up choosing the Goodwood 3 seater in a Harlequin Grey Velvet. The end result is simply stunning and the finish excellent. I can thoroughly recommend this company, the service is excellent from the initial sale to the very polite delivery men and the end result speaks for itself.

“Beautiful chesterfields”

written by on 10/10/2013

One of the best companies I have ordered from! I ordered without seeing the furniture in the flesh, so was a little concerned. However, I needn't have worried! From the first phone call, through several emails to delivery of the stunning Holyrood sofa, chair and footstool the service was exceptional. I will recommend without hesitation. You will not be disappointed if you buy from this company.

“Supersize Chesterfield”

written by RhianHolmes on 12/06/2013

This company were efficient and easy to deal with from the start. I put in an order for a customised sofa - more than 4m length. It arrived yesterday and is beyond my wildest dreams. It looks fantastic but more than that, it is also really comfortable. Excellent workmanship and excellent service at all stages.

“Great looking chair”

written by on 05/04/2013

Delivery company were exceptional, they were punctual, friendly and efficient. The chair is made of good quality leather and of an elegant design. Its extremely comfortable and worth every penny. Have had a few visitors who had "chair envy".

“Brilliant product and service!”

written by on 05/04/2013

Really helpful company - I needed some sofas relatively quickly but, more importantly, needed a bit more detail about when they would be delivered as I needed to arrange someone to be there to receive them. Distinctive Chesterfields were extremely helpful and kept in touch with me regarding the delivery. With regard to the sofas - they are perfect. Absolutely what I wanted. Classic but with a contemporary twist and the quality is fab. I would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend them to friends

“Quality product and service”

written by FarahT on 08/03/2013

After my long search for a sofa I stumbled upon Distinctive Chesterfields online. Although hesitant to shop for an item like a sofa online, I decided to take a gamble and I am so very glad I did. The service was brilliant and I got a beautiful and comfortable sofa at the end of it! They did everything to put my mind at ease, answered all my silly questions and truly impressed me with their customer care, right from first enquiry up until delivery. I would highly recommend Distinctive Chesterfields.

Dameiean's Response to FarahT's Review

Written on: 19/04/2013

Well that was nice to stumble upon and you was not complaining about the quality. As it was me that probably handcrafted it myself, I hope it seats you well, bet you look beautiful on it. Damo x

Read 1 Comment

“Fabulous!!”

written by Chloeminx on 12/02/2013

After lots of searching for a genuine CHESTERFIELD we discovered this site and I am so pleased we did. We placed our original order and we were kept up to date regularly with what was happening and delivery instructions. Our 3 seater and 2 seater HOLYROOD sofas arrived and were beautiful. The colour was exact, the detail and quality were spot on but we found the depth of the seating part too shallow. I admit I was quite upset and after paying a lot of money I was initially disappointed. However we contacted both [names removed] and I was honest about the sofa and enquired about whether we could have another set made but deeper. I was extremely relieved that this would not be a problem as we hadn't made the first order bespoke. Both [names removed]e did not even raise an issue over this and we simply ordered another exact set for a small fee and we have just had them delivered. I can honestly say that the sofas are perfect and I we will enjoy them for a very long time. I cannot fault the staff or company for their customer service skills and would have no hesitation for recommending them on!!They keep you updated by phone or email which is nice to see as it has made the whole transaction very easy and simple. I am delighted with the sofas which are very well made and therefore a big thank you is in order!!!

“chesterfield couch!!”

written by corinne15467 on 06/12/2012

Hello, I am from Belgium and this is already the second time i bought from distinctive chesterfields!! When i wanted to order they gave me such a good explanation ,inclusive pictures even the right measurements. The delivery time was respected and as planned!! They really listen and also important the prizes ok! I can recommand to buy at this company!! regards , Corinne Schuer

“Quality product with great service”

written by on 06/12/2012

Service was very personal, kept me informed of progress, sofas are beautifully made. I wouldn't hesitate to use distinctive chesterfields again, or recommend them to anyone else. I was extremely impressed from start to finish.

“Hi hope this reviw will be of help to others, i have...”

written by on 22/10/2012

Hi hope this reviw will be of help to others, i have trawled the "net" for about 2 month looking for a manufacturer of chesterfield furniture i came accross "Distinctive Chesterfields" so i decided to take a drive out to see them, WOW i couldn't have found a more helpfull person in Clare i only went to purchase a 3 seater, after i decided what i wanted including making it longer and wider i decided to purchase the couch. Ok all ordered then i decided to change 1 or 2 features, not a problem said Clare, i decided on casters for the legs but wasn't allowed to change untill they fixed some casters onto a simalar couch so i was happy with the look. Ok so now back to the office, where i then decided to order a 2 seater a wing chair and footstool, again nothing was a problem or to much trouble, thinking all was sorted we came home i have since changed my mind and emailed clare who has responded imediatly, well done Distinctive Chesterfields (i'm not the easiest person in the world to make happy, but you did) the only thing i would say is that i found it difficult to find the review page. Lookout for my update on delivery week comencing 09/11/2012 Once again well done Clare and Distinctive Chesterfields would recommend you 110% to any one looking for a chesterfield.