Musical Fidelity A3 Reviews

Musical Fidelity A3
Musical Fidelity A3

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“The Musical Fidelity A3 CD is a good value for money...”

Written on: 05/12/2003 by Phillip Evans (1 review written)

The Musical Fidelity A3 CD is a good value for money cd player and though I enjoy the music I do wonder if I could achieve a less bright treble… Read Full Review

Clayton's Response to Phillip Evans's Review

Written on: 15/12/2003

I too have a MF A3 hooked up to a Quad 99 system but using the 99 power amp not the 909. Connection is via QED silver spiral. Speakers are ancient Castle Conways (3 way front ported design). My original CD player was an equally ancient Marantz but my new Quad setup really opened up the sound. However I also experienced that same treble brightness with the Marantz. With it owing me nothing I auditoned at my local Hi Fi dealer several replacement CD players, eventually settling on the A3. Brightness was tamed, sound was phenomenal and I have been a convert ever since. Perhaps the Quad speakers are the "culprit" and maybe the A3 benefits from speakers with less detailed reproduction at the top end.

Read 1 Comment

“I use this A3 amplifier from Musical Fidelity with the...”

Written on: 18/07/2002 by fogi. (1 review written)

I use this A3 amplifier from Musical Fidelity with the matching a3 CD player. Very pleasing results through my BW 604 loudspeakers. With high quality recordings this combo sounds fantastic. The midrange and treble is stunning, however the bass is generally pleasing but not exactly in the same league as the mid and highs. That is not to say that the bass is not well formed. It is but it is slightly weak.
I have owned this for some years and the sound has got better over time. To hear this combo… Read Full Review

Andrew N.'s Response to 30352_fogi.'s Review

Written on: 08/09/2002

The A3 AMP and A3 CD are indeed a good combo. The problem is the B&W 604's. They are at best suitable for garden variety systems. Try The B&W NT range. They are a far better match for that system.

Read 1 Comment

“The Musical Fidelity A3 is the most complete amplifier...”

Written on: 25/01/2002 by tomatoit. (1 review written)

The Musical Fidelity A3 is the most complete amplifier I have heard for under £1000. Well balanced and not 'upfront'. I run a Linn LP12 turntable through it via a Musical Fidelity Pre-amp and it has warm edge to it. Not entirely transparent, but the feeling in the music is there. CD through it is good, though it could be my player (ARCAM Alpha)but I am saving up for the Musical Fidelity A3 CD to compliment it, as I tested it when I bought the amp and it sounded awesome. Hope this is vaguely… Read Full Review