Musical Fidelity A3 Reviews

Musical Fidelity A3
Musical Fidelity A3

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Straight out of the box the first thing you notice is...”

Written on: 18/11/2002 by george. (1 review written)

Straight out of the box the first thing you notice is the weight the size and the build quality. Playing this machine turned out to be a dissapointment so a long burn in time recomended about a week should be more than enough. Rock and dance fans will love this player as I found it a bit bass heavy, play some jazz or classical and the player gets confussed I had to reach for the volume to turn it down a few times as the high notes can cause your teeth to grit. I found both the arcam and rocksan… Read Full Review

60543_Fogi.'s Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 27/12/2002

I have owned this cd player for some time. I wonder what amp, cables, speakers you are using. This cd player can sound fantastic. I play all music at all volumes- it never sounds confused. The faults you describe sounds like it is coming from somewhere else in the system.

Infedel's Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2013

Your spelling causes my teeth to grit and how about a little punctuation?

Maduk's Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 06/12/2003

George, I believe that the sharpness is mostly contributed by the speakers, if not, the QED cables or your room enviroment. Try to reposition your speakers, re-condition your room or perhaps change the cables, which will smoothen the sound. But I kind of agree that the new MF range does sound slightly edgy (including your amps). I have auditioned a couple of CD players alongside with the A3 and I find that the sound is clear with good soundstage. Although I did not buy the A3 at the end of the day, I find it is still a good buy. Cherish it!

64371_George.'s Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 11/01/2003

First thing first about my previous review I forgot to mention what amp speakers and cabling I used. My first listening test was done using mf a3 cd, mf a3 amp and kef uniq 5.5 using russ andrews reference mains cables qed silver spiral interconnect and eccosse 2.2. and I have also tested using my own reference system. I do not believe any of my audio system to be at fault which has been suggested and reviewers also have every right to dissagree with my review and I never said it was bad just dissapointed when compared to similar priced players it sounds like a £500 player however its built like £1200 one. Do a listening test yourselves and let me know what you think.

63553_Beefy.'s Response to 51810_george.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I'd agree with fogi. Even the most expensive CD players can be made to sound rather poor if not partnered with sympathetic ancillaries.

Read 5 Comments