Remus Property Management Reviews

Remus Property Management - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Remus Property Management

Remus Property Management

“Having dealt with many Property Companies over the...”

Written on: 09/08/2022 by JamesTR (1 review written)

Having dealt with many Property Companies over the last 30 years, the general standard is woeful. Even surrounded by such mediocrity, Remus are possibly the most hopeless, incompetent property management company in the UK, whether it’s the account staff, the property managers or the senior managers, the service they offer is wretched. Developers must receive brown envelopes with lots of money from a Salisbury or Hammersmith address to be convinced to use this crock of a company. Let’s wait for the Remus response to everything

“Worse than Useless”

Written on: 26/07/2022 by Stevep87 (1 review written)

Worse than useless. Chase for responses never getting a reply. Considering how much we pay them if feels like the customer is an inconvenience. Don’t live up to the values they state are at the core of their business. Caused me so much stress and anxiety but why should they care.

“poor and unprofessional service”

Written on: 03/07/2022 by 378Young (1 review written)

Staff are rude and unprofessional, Quality of service is very poor.

“Remus, where do I start?!”

Written on: 01/03/2022 by FedupofRemus (1 review written)

We've had nothing but issues with Remus since they took on our New Build estate several years ago. I've already had successful complaints upheld with the ombudsman and compensation awarded and here we are again... We received a massively uncompetitive service charge bill demand for 2022 to which we've sent them a neighbouring estate of the same age and same size (one is 89 and one is 92 properties) bill for comparison from another managing agent. No accounts issued to residents for 2020, despite being REQUIRED to issue them by June 2021....apparently they are a little bit behind! Understatement and as I understand it, this is a requirement not a timescale they aim for. How our (Remus!) director signed off on the 2021 and 2022 service charge bills without it I cannot fathom... oh yeah, not really in their interests to challenge. Huge number of discrepancies and queries not responded to. A wall on our development was damaged nearly 9 months ago and the bricks still lay on the ground and the wall unrepaired... a real health and safety hazard with children around! We are still waiting for our House builder to handover the site and until then we are stuck with Remus. Handover is being deliberately delayed in the residents opinion so Remus maintain the Directorship. So I complain to the property manager, admin team, then the divisional manager and the Head of Customer Experience and don't even get a reply to an email titled 'COMPLAINT' since the beginning of December 2021! I honestly think they believe not replying means I can't escalate it further this time. Shame on you Remus. I'm on the phone with the Ombudsman again as I type!

“Aboslutely disgraceful. Avoid like the plague. ”

Written on: 24/01/2022 by KFai (1 review written)

A request for information about our building made to the Birmingham office over 6 months ago (and followed up on 5 TIMES) has still received no response other than the usual 'we hope to get back to you soon' rubbish. Emails are commonly not even acknowledged. Their communication is generally appalling - other than when they are sending out bills for service charges. This is one of the most disgracefully incompetent, indifferent and unhelpful outfits I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. It is quite astonishing that they dare to charge for their so called 'services'. I have only give 1 star because I cannot give 0 or negative stars.

“Beyond belief, their neglect is intolerable but they...”

Written on: 04/11/2021 by Stevens377 (1 review written)

Beyond belief, their neglect is intolerable but they are quick enough to send demands for money. Total inaction by totally uninterested staff who seem to leave every 5 minutes. Over my.many unfortunate dealings with this shower was a trench dug in the garden and left open for 2 years, drug dealing tenants, another with an out of control dog who savaged someone, unkempt boundaries, bins strewn everywhere, an attempt by their contractor to force me into buying their massively overpriced glazing and many more. Avoid like the plague!

“Avoid this disgraceful company at all cost”

Written on: 21/10/2021 by Arvin21 (1 review written)

Remus is the worse property management that I have ever dealt with. It has been 4 months that the lift is broken and each time I contact Remus’s managers they come with excuses that they are chasing the lift contractors. I live on the 4th floor and everyday have to carry up pushchair and all the shopping which has caused me severe back pain. I have left with no choice to take legal action and complain to the Property Ombudsman.

Written on: 17/06/2021 by Nigele396 (1 review written)

We have had the unpleasant experience of Remus for almost 10 years. I think the selection process for property agents was not rigorous resulting in poor quality service for the vast amounts of money Remus gets paid. None of the issues we raised with Remus multiple times in writing were addressed despite the evidence shown through pictures of actual issues causing a safety hazard on the property. There needs to be consequences for being paid and not delivering on any commitments nor having to offer any explanation for why not. I would not recommend Remus - please do your due diligence and make sure the clauses in the contract enable them to be paid for services executed vs being paid to get away with the minimum. When they give their word to you it really means nothing at all as they don’t demonstrate any action that was agreed

Written on: 17/06/2021 by Nigele396 (1 review written)

“Remus are abysmal - avoid at all cost!!!!”

Written on: 25/02/2021 by Tianna407 (1 review written)

Do not EVER use Remus!!!! They are utterly useless, they take your money and that's quite literally all they do. Completely unprofessional, dire and sub standard service, don't reply to emails, don't answer phonecalls, ignore complaints, make excuses for everything, never solve problems, ignore health and safety issues, took over 9 months of constant badgering to change a lightbulb in a communal area, pay external contractors for work that wasn't carried out, never, ever communicate with residents. Not a single positive comment to make about them.

“Completely inadequate and low quality of service”

Written on: 09/01/2021 by olOrtega180 (1 review written)

Completely inadequate and low quality of service, despite the extortionately high service fees. Our hot water and heating hasn't been working all day and we have just been informed that it will take an additionally 2 days to fix, despite it being the winter. Not only did we have to chase Remus for updates on the situation, but they were unable to provide any temporary fix (hotel with heating and hot water for the night or even providing a portable heater) despite it being the middle of winter with -2 degrees temperatures! Additionally we were informed at 8pm that it's up to us to buy a portable heater until the situation is resolved, but that they can't guarantee any reimbursement for this; not to mention that the staff on the phone was completely useless. It's appauling to see how little they care about their residents and are not even able or willing to ensure them basic human rights such as hot water and heating in the middle of winter, which makes us feel completely let down. Please don't ever use this management service!

“Worst service in the UK”

Written on: 11/01/2020 by jonas.osman (1 review written)

Worst service in the UK I am in building managed Remus, and they do not clean. they do not guard. parking doors broken by strangers and strangers parked their cars in Remus protected car park, and we ring Remus with no hope. 292 Dunstable road. they do not care and not professional we contaminated rubbish bin from 4 months and no hope. I am taking them to the Ombudsman.

“Terrible!”

Written on: 26/05/2019 by lukeystevens (1 review written)

Terrible customer service. Faulty fire alarm after a year of moving in, still says fault, lift constantly not working so disabled residents cannot get above the first floor! Still waiting on door fobs a year later even though was told they are being sent out. They have the audacity to raise service charge. Will be withholding this until they fix above issues.

“While friendly, rational efforts have been futile,”

Written on: 04/04/2019 by StuartMc2019 (1 review written)

It is a great pity that I write this review. It ought to be unnecessary to air dirty laundry, however, there appears little other recourse given exhaustive efforts to reason with Remus and Cala. On purchasing a new home in 2016, along with other residents, we were made aware that the council would not adopt the green spaces, instead it would be transferred to a freehold management company which could be run by residents. The staff at Remus, who act as secretary and asset agent to the management company, have been generally friendly and responsive, if not with the answers the residents association always wish. There was some initial contention over the grounds fees. Originally estimated at £9,500 annually, inflated to nearly £20,000 before Remus accepted a tender run on their behalf by residents to bring the works fees in line with the original estimate. If residents must undertake tendering processes on behalf of the property management firm, that firm ceases to serve any purpose beyond the annual billing process. However, in spite of promises to allow the creation of resident company directors, this has been blocked over the last two years. It appears that ONLY the Director of the Management company, who is also the director of Remus, who he appointed to undertake the property management, or the developer are permitted write to companies house and appoint new company directors. Neither developer Cala nor Remus wishes to appoint directors 'at this time'. This is a choice, not an obligation. Remus blame the developer who allegedly have not yet transferred the freehold of the land. Both the District and County council officers, and now Councillors , and the companies house articles of association for the management company ALL agree that there are no grounds in the spirit of intent in setting up firms for residents to deny appointment of new company directors; the freehold position is has no bearing on the appointment of directors in law, or it would not have been possible to appoint the initial director. It is also disappointing that the management company has been declared 'dormant' despite around £20k cash flow over two years, which are buried in Remus management accounts £5.2mil turnover and ~£620k profit. Residents continue to meet regularly on this and more social matters, and I urge Remus in this public forum now to call and AGM or EGM and appoint company directors through the very basic AP01 form which each willing resident can bring partially filled in with the relevant fee to that AGM/EGM. I am very happy to remove or adjust this review pending the successful appointment of company directors from the home owners who are trapped in limbo for now in year 3 of new home ownership. As I say, the team have been friendly, but sadly intransigent at the prospect of allowing residents voting rights which were promised and continue to elude residents for what appears to be an indeterminate period of time. Cala have yet to state their final position in private, but will be reviewed once that is forthcoming.

“Dishonest & disorienteted”

Written on: 18/01/2019 by Resident2019 (1 review written)

I am at loss to understand how this company operates. We live in a block managed by them & haven't had a hot water for the last 4 months and they do not even know what the solution is. There isn't one task that they have done well & they have no duty of care to the Freeholder or the residents. If I could give 0 stars I would.

“Remus, would recommend to an enemy”

Written on: 07/12/2018 by Bauer124 (1 review written)

I pay in the region of £130 a month which seems to increase yearly despite having services removed. Faults are never corrected and no one ever calls you back. I have reported lights out in the communal hallway 3 times, but nothing has been done, it is so dark in the hall leading to my flat, my daughter fell up the stairs and hit her head. The flat once had a hole in the roof which took 4 months to fix, we don't have cleaning included in our fee because it was so expensive, carpet came off the stairs in the communal hallway which was never replaced, gardening is mainly done my other residents...the list is endless.

“to much money”

Written on: 28/10/2018 by LilahDowney72 (1 review written)

another bill for the drains £5.716,00 how can the drain need work after only 26 years I have been billed twice this year the charge last year was over 102 per cent this year down by 1/00 how can we need so much work new lights in the hallway/car/park all done in the past 3 years tree felling a few bits chopped £1800 the gardener leaves a mess what am I paying for

“No Service and High Charges”

Written on: 02/05/2018 by JulietteHopkins (1 review written)

I have owned an apartment in a block managed by Remus for the last 5 years. They have consistently employed arrogant, poorly trained staff who are expert at ignoring all reasonable requests, via email or by phone. They charge exorbitant fees for standard admin matters and never get it right. The building’s communal areas are often dirty and poorly maintained - a broken mirror took over 6 weeks to replace and the lifts are often broken - on one occasion it took a month to repair aandI live on a high floor. They make no effort to provide any service except when they send out their invoices. I will never buy another Roberts managed by Remus.

“Remus! Are a joke.”

Written on: 30/04/2018 by DaneWalker (1 review written)

Don't be daunted to challenge the service costs with these. Mention managed by REMUS to any property redress organisation and you will receive sympathy and understanding. Anyone considering a property managed by REMUS should be forewarned,this company are notoriously frowned upon throughout the industry