Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo Reviews

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Vauxhall Zafira GSI”

Written on: 20/09/2014

Grab one while you can - best car I have had, but beware, as they become rarer, part prices will start to increase. A true car collectors item, if they survive moving washing machines, and 7 humans at high speed Reliable, fun and very adaptable Road manners very predictable, good over taking power Comfortable and well trimmed. Unlikely to get attention from boy racers - except respect from those with the knowledge of what they are… Read Full Review

“this is the best car ive owned!and i have had all...”

Written on: 04/05/2010

this is the best car ive owned!and i have had all sorts from fords to fiats.
the zafira gsi is fast,fun and brilliant for the family,it will do o-60 in 7.3 secs and do 140mph how many so called hot hatches do that!!i have had no probs what so ever cheap 2 run get abt 30 to gallon(normal driving)if youre thinging off getting one dont hessitate turn yourself into daddy cool!!… Read Full Review

“As a whole the vauxhall zafira gsi turbo is a very...”

Written on: 08/02/2010

As a whole the vauxhall zafira gsi turbo is a very fast mpv.I0ve owned mine for about 3 years, and apart from m.o.ts, car tax and insurence,oh and new front tires every 5-6 months (as i like to leave little boy racers 4 dust at traffic lights) its been pretty reasonable on cost to run and mentain.So if your thinking of buying one then do so,you wont be dissapointed. I also still think gsi zafira looks better than the vxr zafira.But not as fast… Read Full Review

Bazamancity's Comment

it is as if not faster

Bazamancity's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2013

the gsi holds par with the vxr if anything the gsi is quicker

Read 2 Comments

“I had my Zafira GSI turbo for 18 months and loved...”

Written on: 15/01/2010

I had my Zafira GSI turbo for 18 months and loved every second of owning it. Humiliating boy racers with the kids and dog in the car is always a fun way to brighten the journey. The only MINOR niggle was that it can be heavy on front tyres if you drive enthusiastically and I had to replace the nearside outer cv joint twice in the time i owned it. However i think that may be partly due to an abundance of roundabouts where I live and the fact i have a very heavy foot. As for fuel economy, I… Read Full Review

“We brought our Zafira new, it has been a brilliant car...”

Written on: 06/10/2009

We brought our Zafira new, it has been a brilliant car loads of room, its also a fantastic little van and has saved us hundreds of pounds on deliveries of items like large tv's tumble dryers etc. It is so very comfortable as well. Drives like a dream on both long and short journeys. The only thing I don't like about the Zafira is the auto cut out where the onboard computer tells its self that the engines flooded, though green flag did show me how to get round this pretty quick. I also don't… Read Full Review

“Bought the zaffy private with 59k miles, ive had no...”

Written on: 02/08/2009

Bought the zaffy private with 59k miles, ive had no problems at all as yet, ive only spent money on maintaining the car,ie cambelt etc,the gsi was my option as ive always enjoyed high performance cars, so along with the 7 seats and spacious interior it became my top choice. The gsi goes really well indeed with options to improve performance up to 300bhp without causing unreliability issues,so if your like me, a dad with a need for a toy as well as a family car then the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo… Read Full Review

“I have had the zafira gsi for 4 years... i have never...”

Written on: 10/10/2008

I have had the zafira gsi for 4 years... i have never felt let down by it in any aspect... has enough space even with a full car the engine gives rapid respone and you just dont realise you are driving an mpv.... just cant say enough.... mean machine… Read Full Review

“A pleasure to drive, very comfortable and spacious. A...”

Written on: 29/06/2008

A pleasure to drive, very comfortable and spacious. A sports car rolled into a family size car - can't ask for any more!… Read Full Review

“very nippy, very spacious good all rounder”

Written on: 02/11/2007 by bigdaddydan (1 review written)

very nippy, very spacious good all rounder… Read Full Review

“Everyone said that the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo was a...”

Written on: 08/04/2006 by WakeyGSi (1 review written)

Everyone said that the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo was a thirsty car but at 30mpg per tank, I think it's pretty good really. Beats my old 4X4 by loads. Loads of space for our 3 dogs and 4 passengers! Rocaros are great, driving position is clear, and acceleration, well we've got the fastest dog kennel for miles around. Driving 150 miles to work is a pleasure again… Read Full Review

“I've had the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo for about a...”

Written on: 14/02/2006 by Andy Hume (1 review written)

I've had the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo for about a month now and can't fault the car now the turbo problem is fixed. The model I have has full Recaro leather interior with heated front seats which is excellent. It is a very practical family car and an excellent sports car rolled into one. The only problem is that my wife and I argue to see who is driving it… Read Full Review

238905_Kisembo's Response to Andy Hume's Review

Written on: 16/04/2006

what was the cost of fixing the turbo?

Read 1 Comment

“Bought my new GSI in sept o4, had a hard time trying...”

Written on: 17/06/2005 by stureay (1 review written)

Bought my new GSI in sept o4, had a hard time trying to find one to test drive. Nearly bought a second hand for £17,000. 1 week later Reg Vardy knocked £3,700 off the list price of their new ones. Knew straight away I was going to enjoy owning this car, first time I've bought a car and thought I could keep this for a while, normally have a car a few month and think right which car am I going to buy next. Handles great, boot space great for all the kids things, only thing missing is a few… Read Full Review

“I harped on for months to my wife to let me trade in...”

Written on: 06/04/2005 by davidb2972 (1 review written)

I harped on for months to my wife to let me trade in our old Vectra Estate 2.2 for the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo and when she relented, could I find one...no! Then as if by magic I got the call that one had come in locally, I went to see and drive it and bought it in about 20 minutes.

I love this car, sure it has a few niggles like the low fuel consumption but what do you expect with a car that will do 0.6 in 7.5 seconds, on the motorway it's fine with very little cabin noise, smooth ride… Read Full Review

“I love the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo People Carrier -...”

Written on: 06/11/2004 by atbooth (1 review written)

I love the Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo People Carrier - its the perfect combination of everything and suits me perfectly! I used to drive a 400bhp Sapphire Cosworth which I loved for the speed and fun factor, plus it came with full Recaro black leather, but no safety elements other than ABS. It was also 14 years old and started to get unreliable, and drank fuel with 11mpg around town and 24mpg at best on the motorway.

I then changed to a BMW 320d Touring - I loved the diesel economy and the… Read Full Review

194165_6March61's Response to atbooth's Review

Written on: 20/05/2005

RECENTLY SOLD MY ZAFIRA GSI TURBO WITH CHIP UPGRADE NOW DESPERATELY WANT IT BACK, THE UPGRADE WAS A REAL BONUS 0-60 = 6.2 SECS 145+ = MPH
<br>237 BHP MPV? I DONT THINK SO !!

Redcupra's Response to atbooth's Review

Written on: 02/07/2010

wont beat a cupra tho lol

Bazamancity's reply to Redcupra's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2013

cupra isnt a mpv but i reakon the zaffy will give it a run for its money o sorry its not seats its money its vw's lol

Fil7's Response to atbooth's Review

Written on: 14/10/2006

I'm looking to buy a Vauxhall Zafira GSI in the very near future!! I am a huge fan of them, as I have a little one on the way, they are the perfect answer!
<br/>
<br/>I am however a BIG fan of cars and speed in general, and this chip does seem a very good option!
<br/>
<br/>Could you tell me roughly how much you are talking for a chip upgrade, and who is best to go to?
<br/>
<br/>Also, if you have time what the problems and cons are for it!!
<br/>Thanks

Read 4 Comments

“I bought my Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo back in the...”

Written on: 14/04/2004 by taichibob (2 reviews written)

I bought my Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo back in the middle of 02 from a dealer. It wasn't even out yet but had seen it on the tv and in magazines. I was giving up a Vectra SRI V6 for this so was a bit reluctant but when I took delivery and drove it the Vectra quickly became a distant memory. I got it with parking sensors and roof rails for 21.5k and I absolutely love this car..
Good points
Recaro's - these are the most comfortable seats ever..excellent support
looks - best looking 7 seater by… Read Full Review

170544_Wheelwright's Response to taichibob's Review

Written on: 16/09/2004

GSi only comes in Blue !!

194044_Stephen Outing's Response to taichibob's Review

Written on: 20/05/2005

I have now had my zafira 2.0 dti for 3 years. What a fantastic car.I have 3 kids 1 dog the car gets hammered on the weekend by them and then in the week by me in me business. Its done 76000 miles not a days trouble it goes like a bomb and fuel efficiency is quite good.The seating is excellent I am 6.00ft and theres plenty of room for legs and height.My wife unfortunatly also loves the car. Overall a perfect family and business tool.

Shaunfrancis's Response to taichibob's Review

Written on: 24/12/2004

GSi comes in Red, Silver(M), Black(P), Blue (P)
<br>Arden Blue is unique to the GSi in Zafira model line up

Bazamancity's reply to Shaunfrancis's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2013

and the best arden blue all day

Read 4 Comments

“Picked up our new Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo in Oct 03....”

Written on: 24/03/2004 by zafgsi2 (1 review written)

Picked up our new Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo in Oct 03. Done 4k now. Love the way the car looks both inside and out. Performance is brilliant and as with the other reviews its great to see boy racers beaten at their own game. For Philseck68 hear goes; the drive is top class, however with the low profile tyres you do feel the potholes. The cabin quality is good but the middle bench seat is quite firm. Versitility, what do you think its an MPV!! Gearing is spot on. See bad points… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/03/2004

From Monkey 1, I got mine from Loot on email. It sends when any are available which saves you looking every day.
<br>He just wanted to sell, didn't need the car any more, so right place right time etc...
<br>I thought the fuel etc... was ok on a full tank about £37 I get about 170 odd miles out of the baby. It must be a magic car! I like the Blue one too these are the only ones I see about, so I feel even better with the Silver.
<br>Has yours got the heated mirrors? Not sure mine work. Cheers.

194165_6March61's Response to zafgsi2's Review

TWANGING NOISE ON START OFF IS VERY USUAL ,ABS SENSOR, IGNORE IT
HEATED MIRRORS WORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH REAR HEATED SCREEN SAME SWITCH
JUST SOLD MINE
ENJOY YOUR CARS THEY ARE BRILLIANT

Lintontaylor's Response to zafgsi2's Review

Written on: 26/04/2005

Hi my zafria brake pedal travels - just wonder if it was the abs unit?

Stockys's Response to zafgsi2's Review

Written on: 27/01/2005

I have just got my gsi and cant stop grinning every time I join the motorway or stop at lights - what a car. But since having it I have heard this grinding sqeeking sound and have been back to the dealer twice and after the techs going for a joy ride sorry road test they came back with there is nothing wrong with it. But since reading fellow gsi ers this seems to be a 'commonish' problem and seems to be easly sorted with a jet of water to shift that old brake dust. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had the same niggle.

Shaunfrancis's Response to zafgsi2's Review

Written on: 24/12/2004

Twanging is the electro hydraulic steering - its evidently 'normal' to do it on start up (they all do).
<br>
<br>The other noise most make is the grinding sound from the back brakes when reversing - this is best cured with a good jet wash of the brake assembly!

Written on: 20/04/2004

I did check it and i'm getting 28 mpg's.
<br>Good going.

Written on: 05/04/2004

How many miles are you getting out of it?
<br>I'm going to double check mine.
<br>I do loads of town driving, stop start etc...
<br>Thanks

Read 7 Comments

“Got my Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo for 14k very pleased...”

Written on: 29/01/2004 by music29 (1 review written)

Got my Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo for 14k very pleased with myself.
Silver, tinted windows, leather(Moo) 17s it's fast and feels really safe. I drive it more sensibly than other cars as it needs respect.
I love the young hatch kids who pull up next to you only to be left behind wondering how on earth that happened!.
If you read this Buy One… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/03/2004

Would like to know how you managed to get the full leather GSI for 14k. Anyway got to agree about the car though.

Written on: 19/04/2004

What about the trip computer ????
<br>smells kind of funny to me. If you DID have the GSI you should have your up to date MPG by now.
<br>
<br>Still waiting!!

Written on: 06/04/2004

All you need to do is reset the trip computer, drive for a 100 miles or so and it will tell you exactly how many mpg's you are getting. The model you bought does have a trip computer doesn't it?????
<br>Check out http://www.migweb.co.uk/ for other like minded vauxhall fans.
<br>Zafgsi2

Written on: 02/04/2004

Thanks for the reply. If you only get 170 miles from a full tank ( 10 gallons ), thats only 17 miles to the gallon. Doesn't sound good to me!! How hard do you drive it? Don't know about the heated mirrors, not needed them yet. speak soon zafgsi2.

Monkey1's Response to music29's Review

Written on: 26/03/2004

Looked in Loot, was lucky to pick this up. Nothing wrong with it, low miles etc... just right time right place.
<br>I like it a lot.

Read 5 Comments

“After a 6 month wait we trundled off to Trade Sales in...”

Written on: 29/11/2003 by Sian (1 review written)

After a 6 month wait we trundled off to Trade Sales in Slough in Sept 02 and picked up ourVauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo , a year on it has almost 6k on the clock, no problems, lots of admiring looks, two boosted egos, 3 grinning kids and we're off to pick up an ex demo to bring home to be my one on Tuesday - I kicked up a fuss as I never get to see it myself as that Daddy Cool keeps pinching it! and er, yes there is a Boney M Greatest Hits cd in the glove box!… Read Full Review

James In The Stix's Response to Sian's Review

Written on: 05/03/2005

Glad I saw your article. Same for my Zafira GSi Turbo 2.0 when low speed reverse braking. A really loud and disturbing squeal/shudder. Two Bucks dealers palmed me off until one started muttering the words 'design fault' which I read as 'cant be bothered to replace them. Did you get any further?

Sian's Response to Sian's Review

Written on: 08/03/2005

I had a hunch we wouldn't be the only one with this problem!!
<br>Our original one went in and had two sets of dampers put on in quick succession leading me to believe they did absolutely nothing first time round! It will be 3 years old in September and touch wood we've had no more problems (I've just jinxed it now!). It lets out a high pitch squeal every so often but we've made sure they clean the brakes when its been serviced. Our second purchase bit the dust 9 months after we bought it, we were sold it ex demo but when the V5 arrived it had a private name and address on it! From the day we picked it up it had a couple of peculiar smells and 6 months and 22k down the line it started producing blue smoke - two trips to main dealers and an early mot later, no faults could be detected so we made them take it back. 'Design fault' is a much laboured excuse, if its still under warranty make them sort it!!

Read 2 Comments

“The Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo adds AC, ABS, TC, EBS,...”

Written on: 22/07/2002 by Lee. (1 review written)

The Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo adds AC, ABS, TC, EBS, Air bags everywhere, Trip computer, tinted glass, leather, 17 inch alloys and body kit with huge air intake to top spec.
Oh and did I mention it's also extremely fast, and to think I can also carry the wife and kid in it too!
140mph, 0-60 in 7.5s, 192BHP what else to you need to know… Read Full Review

Philseck68's Response to 30540_Lee.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2003

great! tells me about the spec which i can get from almost anywhere, but tells me nothing about drive, versatility, cabin quality, gearing ratio or niggly little problems.

Read 1 Comment

“Proline W28D1 -Widescreen TV ”

Written on: 22/03/2002 by James. (1 review written)

Proline W28D1 -Widescreen TV

I bought this TV, not because it was cheap, but because TV's at twice the price from a technical point of view were not significatly better. On TV broadcast and Composite there is little or no chroma fringing effects, something that you will usually find in sub 500 quid sets. However, I have noticed that in S-Video mode the colour timing appears to be slightly off. However this shold never occur, and could be a result of my S-Video source, you notice it much more… Read Full Review