ATN Aries Paladin 390 Reviews

ATN Aries Paladin 390 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ATN Aries Paladin 390

ATN Aries Paladin 390
ATN Aries Paladin 390

“ATN Paladin 390 Night vision scope ”

Written on: 08/06/2010

ATN Paladin 390 Night vision scope
The futures bright, the futures......green.
Bought this scope for 100 yard fox control to use in conjunction with a .17 HMR. A bit dissapointed with the IR illuminator, (supplied). But was pleasantly suprised when I easily adapted an old Deben Tracer Max Lamp, (variable power) with IR filter, (about £20). This, I found just bathed everything in invisible light and was wowed by its clarity. To the extent that I now have it mounted on a moderated 22 250, as it will allow me to shoot at much further ranges than the .17 HMR.

Paladin has a weaver mount on top of the scope, so other IR illuminators can be used.

Initially, I had concerns about how it might deal with recoil; So far, so good.
I try to avoid using it in the rain, as I could not find anywhere any info about its durability in these conditions, prior to buying it. Any Ideas?

A little on the heavy side but otherwise very impressed.

Just wish they could supply it without the IR illuminator, which now sits in box un-used. Might be cheeper. Though it would probably be fine on an air rifle.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2011

The ATN Aries Paladin 390 is the best 1st Gen scope I have found. I have read all the reviews on the Yukon scopes and even bought one-what a waste of money, the ATN beats them hand over fist! I even had a guy who swore by his Yukon try to trade me, and I told him to keep his junk. That wasn't the first ATN product I have had, I also had a 6x18 65mm daytime scope as well and that was one of the greatest scopes ever made. It was everything and more than any Zeiss, Leupold, Nikon, Swaroski-proof that money can't buy you quality sometimes. I agree the supplied IR is junk so I put a Surfire G2 with an IR 750 nm IR filter and mounted it with a 1"scope ring w/weaver mount and I have the scope mounted on a Weatherby Vanguard .22-250 (greatest hog gun made) and that is what I use as my standard hog gun for my guided hog stalkings. Out to 150 yards on a clear night-no dust storms here in TX and those hogs don't know what is hitting them or where it is coming from. Its only the end of May and I have killed 134 hogs myself and am not counting what the clients have nailed! Every single one of them tries to buy it from me, which is flattering, but I will never part with it. Yeah it is a little heavy, so is the rifle, but in windy conditions it helps on steadying the offhand shots and also by carrying the heavy combo for miles and miles, it builds the shoulders up. Forget the gym.

Read 1 Comment

“I was looking for a good night vision scope, for pest...”

Written on: 16/07/2002 by Rossi. (1 review written)

I was looking for a good night vision scope, for pest control at night (mice, rats, etc.), which I would mount on my air rifle.
After trying a Gen 2 scope and comparing with the Paladin, I decided for the ATN Aries Paladin 390.
As a Gen 1, it has better resolution than the typical Gen 2, despite not so bright. The resolution is good enough for aiming at the mice's heads up to 25 yards. The crosshairs, however, get in the way and the lowest brightness setting could be a little dimmer.
The front lens protective cover is permanently attached to the body and flips open, which makes it very convenient.
The scope uses a Weaver style rail, which makes very easy exchanging it for a day light scope.

Scots.'s Response to 30286_Rossi.'s Review

Written on: 20/02/2003

Been looking for a nightscope for ages. Any chance of letting me know the price ?

Virus.'s Response to 30286_Rossi.'s Review

Written on: 07/06/2003

i also bought the nightscope vision and the third generation is a bit rubbish for my liking, also the DIANA SP50 is a very nice air gun and i think everyone should get one!!

99865_Rossi.'s Response to 30286_Rossi.'s Review

Written on: 21/05/2003

Please check the following websites. They have excellent information about the Generation types.
<br>http://www.photonic-science.ltd.uk/tn_007.html
<br>http://savvysurvivor.com/night_vision_gear_is_it_worth_it.htm
<br>Cheers!

84628_Roon.'s Response to 30286_Rossi.'s Review

Written on: 30/03/2003

I'm considering purchasing a night sight for hunting, but am slightly confused as to what Gen 1, Gen 2, and now even Gen 3, are all about!! Can you please explain? Cheers.

82310_Rossi.'s Response to 30286_Rossi.'s Review

Written on: 23/03/2003

Reply to both questions:
<br>1 - The price varies depending on the dealer. I think you can get one from US $500 up to $700.
<br>You can get more details at: www.atncorp.com
<br>
<br>2 - If I bought a second one I would get a second of third generation model. ATN also makes good models in these generations. The top of the line, here in the US, are Litton and ITT models. You would pay several thousand US dollars for one. However, as far as I know they do not export 2ndGen and 3rdGen out of the coutry for civilians.
<br>The ATN website I mentiones above also has some 2nd and 3rd Gen models.
<br>
<br>I believe, if you are in Europe, that you can get Russian models. I've heard some good things about Dipol, but never used one personally.
<br>
<br>Disclaimer: I do not work for any of the companies I mentioned above. Neither get any commission on anything they sell. The information I provided was based on my own experience.

82014_Quattro4X4.'s Response to 30286_Rossi.'s Review

Written on: 21/03/2003

I`ve been fancing a nightscope for my air rifle. My question to you is "if you needed another nightscope, would you buy another one of those,or another model......and if the latter, which model/manufacturer?".

Read 6 Comments