Hammonds Furniture Reviews - www.hammonds-uk.com

Hammonds Furniture - www.hammonds-uk.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hammonds Furniture - www.hammonds-uk.com

Hammonds Furniture - www.hammonds-uk.com
Hammonds Furniture - www.hammonds-uk.com

“Extremely poor quality wardrobes, appalling customer...”

Written on: 21/07/2022

Paid just under £10,000 for fitted wardrobes - for that price you expect nothing but the best - however with Hammonds you get no such thing. After the initial installation took place, we discovered almost every single door and panel were extremely faulty - highly visible lumps and bumps in the finish, sharp corners, chips, panels and edges that were different colours and finishes, and edging strips that began peeling off within 24 hours of fitting. As a result of this, almost everything but the main carcasses of the wardrobes required removal, resupplying and refitting. So the second fitting happens some weeks later and guess what... Most all of the replacement doors etc. feature exactly the same faults as the first. So all of these then had to be removed and replaced for the third time... Yet things still weren't anywhere near right, resulting in a fourth removal and refit! Finally the quality had improved to a reasonable though far from acceptable standard, but by this point we were completely fed up with the months of disruption to our lives that we wanted nothing further to do with Hammond's Furniture (more fool they as we had originally intended to have them supply wardrobes to a further four bedrooms in our new house). Hammond's after-sales got in touch to say we were entitled to compensation, which naturally we welcomed... That is until they made the derisory offer of £200. We replied telling them that this was totally unacceptable, particularly as their negligence had caused me to have to take a further 10 days off work to accommodate the refits, at which point they upped their offer of compensation to a paltry £400, which we again refused to accept, resulting in them making a third and final offer of £550. So in terms of time alone (not even considering the cost of redecoration we're facing as a result of end panels having to be removed and refitted, the disruption to our lives and the stress involved) Hammond's Furniture value my time at approximately £55 per day. I can assure you I lost a great deal more than £55 per day in work. And just to add insult to injury, we were threatened with legal action for our final payment on account before they'd even resolved the matter! Don't waste your money (and time) with this woeful company, they're an absolute disgrace.

“STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 21/06/2022 by samarora (1 review written)

If you would like to add grief and pain to your tranquil home then please chose Hammonds. We thought Hammonds was a reputable company so went ahead and placed a full room wardrobe (expensive but we thought its a good company so its worth it and chose them over some British local companies) Shame we didnt chose the local companies who even offered to have it done in 3 weeks, nope we decided to wait 4 months for Hammonds, They came and installed but the finish was awful so we had a revisit booked where one person came to take notes after 4 weeks and 3-4 weeks after which the revisit was booked. This person came unprepared and completed 30% of the job, left the wardrobe unusable and left with a right mess with a promise to come back Monday, Monday came and went, Tuesday I get a text (no explaination) that your revisit is now booked for 3 weeks from now, WOW! So, we are supposed to be with a mess that you created. To top it all they have the cheek to ask would you like to pay for the second wardrobe so the second install can still go ahead in 1.5 week from now. Obviously they are not getting our seond install. That will now go to another company. Thank you very much, Stay away! Seriously!

“Disgraceful service”

Written on: 08/06/2022 by Nk77 (1 review written)

New wardrobes sliding doors already off the rails and hammonds not prepared to visit for 6-8 weeks to repair. Mirror door in child’s bedroom- unbelievable given the price paid for expected service experience. Don’t waste your money - if you think you are buying quality and service you certainly are not!!!!

“Shocking customer service ”

Written on: 30/04/2022 by House410 (1 review written)

In my experance an over priced company . Wanted a kitchen ..got chipboard flimsy material that has never been right needs to be ripped out ofter 3 months . Paint chips .. base board dosnt match the colour so stands out. Hinges not strong enough so bend. Corner unit dosnt fit ...any thing but to try and find a solution Being told its OK to be out of your main room for months because of a free standing unit .. no one should be subjected to this ineptitude - let's rip out units already installed ??? Hateful company- in my experance avoid

“Flatpack chipboard ”

Written on: 20/04/2022 by 483MacDonald (1 review written)

I brought my kitchen a year ago, and its never been right .. marketed as bespoke manufactured... recieved chipboard flatpack . Paint issue and miss matched iron work , for supply only . Draws bending , as is the couner unit, as not designed to hold the weight of the doors supplied. Had some money off , but one cares enough to acknowledge the fact that blue paint on a white base board looks awful when chipped ( which despite a full re spry still dose ) had a larder unit, which doesn't pull out , everyone just ignored this fact , as they can't respond, as would cost them too much to replace. This was not the unit on display, when we purchased . Speaks volumes in my experience? Also took months to fully deliver , a supply only order.

“Excellent service and products.”

Written on: 08/03/2022 by Karl611 (1 review written)

Excellent all around service, amazing quality and expertly fitted by a very warm, engaging yet professional fitter. A special thanks to our designer and our fitter 10/10 Thank you !!!

“Excellent service”

Written on: 07/03/2022 by CasonVaughn (1 review written)

Very happy with the finished product. High quality and very professional service

“Professional, value for money”

Written on: 06/03/2022 by Rob00057 (1 review written)

The designer gave us lots of help in designing what we wanted, followed by a visit at a later date by someone that measured our complete room by laser to comfirm the exact measurements for production. An online account is set up at the behinning of the process where you can see plans and visual layouts of your room along with the accounts and payments. The fitters, worked tirelessly in a very tidy, were considerate and friendly and have given us a wonderful study fitted to a high standard. Would highly recommend Hammonds

“Excellent service - my new wardrobe looks brilliant...”

Written on: 06/03/2022 by AME85 (1 review written)

Excellent service - my new wardrobe looks brilliant and the fitter, Jonathon, was friendly and did a wonderful job!

“Hammonds living room”

Written on: 04/03/2022

Second time using Hammonds and have been really impressed both times. The whole experience from initial design through to fitting has been first class. Also, a big shout out to the customer services team who managed to bring our fitting forward by two months and are always reachable by phone and email…really refreshing to get immediate replies to customer service queries and they really do seem to value your custom. Will definitely use again.

“Great office ”

Written on: 04/03/2022 by Ben165 (1 review written)

Good experience all round and great fit out. The finished product is great and I’m really pleased

“Exceeded my expectations ”

Written on: 03/03/2022 by Rowanf262 (1 review written)

Delighted, exceeded my expectations. This is my fourth fitted bedroom. One very satisfied customer again.

“Wardrobes”

Written on: 01/03/2022 by Diamond100 (1 review written)

We are delighted with our wardrobes, would thoroughly recommend this company.

“Wardrobe ”

Written on: 25/02/2022 by Larsenuo459 (1 review written)

Very pleased with the wardrobe and the fitter was excellent.

“Excellent service from start to finish !”

Written on: 23/02/2022 by MrsLO (1 review written)

Excellent service from start to finish. Right from the design and quotation, the survey, keeping in touch throughout the process to the fitting. The fitters were excellent and remarkably quick while maintaining an excellent standard of workmanship. Really happy !

“First class”

Written on: 23/02/2022 by SharonHolly (1 review written)

We’ve just had on installation carried out on behalf of Hammonds. He was very courteous and professional throughout. He was very respective of our home and I would have no hesitation in him doing work for us again. His work was clean and tidy and our home was left in perfect shape. A real credit to Hammonds. We are both very happy with our finished product and would recommend to anyone.

“Excellent fitted”

Written on: 16/02/2022 by Johnson54 (1 review written)

The fitted has done an excellent job of our bedroom fitted wardrobes. He engaged with me as a customer to ensure i was happy with every aspect of the installation. He is a very thorough worker whose attention to detail was reassuring. He tidied up each day . I can highly recommend him.

“Media wall”

Written on: 15/02/2022 by JamiyaMcGarry349 (1 review written)

Media wall fitted. Fantastic job! Absolutely made up

“Excellent customer service, Great installation!”

Written on: 15/02/2022 by Ed_Paterson (1 review written)

Excellent customer service, brilliant clean and tidy installation. Great quality, superb finish and attention to detail on the installation. Thank you.

“Very very happy”

Written on: 11/02/2022 by Jackiestand (1 review written)

The fitter always arrived on time and was happy to answer any questions, and asked for my input whenever needed, very clean and tidy work, I am extremely happy with the workmanship and the finished bookcases and cupboards, They have exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to utilise them fully and show them off! Although I had to wait rather longer than anticipated it was worth it In the end.