Red Chilli Littleover Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Red Chilli Littleover - Ask a question now

“Clearly don't need my money!”

written by on 22/01/2016

AWFUL service!!! Been ordering from this restaurant for literally 3 years but having placed an order last night through justeat and after waiting an hour and a half I called to ask where my delivery was to be told they 'hadn't put it through to the kitchen'. not ideal, mate I said. He said, sorry, we offer you discount of £1.70. I explained that I was REALLY hungry and that's hardly a discount given that I've been a customer for a long time ands I've just sat waiting for an hour and a half. (last year, my family ordered from this resturant AT LEAST once a month!) and the EXTREMELY RUDE man said I could pay or go somewhere else I went to KFC instead and the service was way better. 10/10 for the amazing advice, we really enjoyed our zinger burgers and the service there was fantastic.

“Good Food, Pleasing Ambience”

written by alistair.hartley23 on 02/04/2012

Red Chilli Littleover is a good place to be. Good food, pleasing ambience; however, the service is not up to the mark. I was kept waiting for a really long time.

“Great food”

written by optcag on 17/03/2012

I am shocked by some of the previous reviews. I have been to the Red Chilli (and had take away) many times since it has opened and the food has always been great. Service has also been excellent (apart from one night when they were short staffed but even then I wouldn't complain too much about it). I have taken many friends there and it has become their favourite too. I like the fact it does food that is authentic as well as meals that appeal to those who are less adventurous.

“I have just returned from the Red Chilli,its mothers...”

written by on 03/04/2011

I have just returned from the Red Chilli,its mothers day so I went with my children. I was very disappointed in the quality of the food the starters were not bad but as I do not eat meat i found the choice very limited. The curries were very watery with no taste at all because of this,again no choice if you do not eat meat.The service was poor with nobody asking you if you would like more drinks.There was no puddings on offer which is often nice to have after a curry. So I was very disappointed with the quality of the food and will not be going back again such a shame.

“I ordered food from red chilli restaurant twice take...”

written by on 13/03/2010

I ordered food from red chilli restaurant twice take away n once i went to the restaurant...i felt take away was worse like any other take away not like restaurant food ven aft paying retaurant cost..the food quality is bad,,.. made me feel bloated n inconvinient...next day...never hapeened befode to me..
naan is very doughy n chewy...food is little better if you sit in the restaurant n eat.. i felt you ca get better quality i ndian food for dat price sit n or take away... i woudnot recommend it for my frens

“Went there after a few beers with a friend one...”

written by on 18/02/2010

Went there after a few beers with a friend one Saturday evening. We had 2 poppadoms each, a main course, naan bread and rice each.

Food was good but it was massively overpriced. Bill came to £40 for 2 and we only had basic food and one soft drink each.

The value for money is poor here, if you want similar quality food for half the price, try mogul or balti international.

I wont be returning here, thats for sure.

“ ”

written by on 11/12/2009

“ We dined here on a sunday lunchtime taking advantage...”

written by on 01/11/2009

We dined here on a sunday lunchtime taking advantage of the £9.95 buffet menu that consisted of 25 items, from poppadums and pickles to curries.The food was very nice as were the surroundings and at no time were we made to feel rushed, as can happen with buffet type menus.As a party of eight we all agreed that we will visit again

“simply outstanding food........”

written by on 08/10/2009

simply outstanding food........

“My husband loved his Red Chilli Littleover takeaway...”

written by on 03/05/2009

My husband loved his Red Chilli Littleover takeaway but my 1/2 tandoori chicken was completely uncooked except for on the outside. I was very disappointed. This has put me off going again

“Red chilli is great just how we expected it to be. ”

written by Jon Middleton on 27/01/2009

Red chilli is great just how we expected it to be.
we were waiting for it to open for a loong time, the build up was unbearable (lol) and now it just shows 'Indian Resturants still got that touch of elegance'

“Red Chilli is the best indian i have had in 6 years...”

written by michellelewissmith on 10/01/2009

Red Chilli is the best indian i have had in 6 years and i live in Dubai. I visited with a 7 others, 2 of which were children who weren't that keen on curry so i asked the staff to help them decide what to have and they sat down with them and went through the menu explaining what everything was. We all ordered different types of curries and different strengths and unlike most curry houses they all tasted exactly how they are supposed to taste. They were fresh, clean curries with tender meat and the perfect spice blend. I wasn't left feeling like i'd just eaten i tub of ghee. The curries weren't just good they were excellent!!! It was also the first time that i have EVER seen 8 clear plates in an indian, even the children cleared their plates. There may have been a few grains of rice left but only because they fell on the floor by accident. This is the first restaurant i visit when i next come back in the summer, i just hope that the high standards are maintained as so many restaurants get complacent and can often take their regular customers for granted. Please be the one that doesn't as i'm looking forward to coming back. Michelle

“We read about red chilli in derby in the local...”

written by on 07/01/2009

We read about red chilli in derby in the local newspaper, the review from telegraphs secret service was so good we just had to go experience it for our self and ever since then we've been going there to eat we have become regulars and to be honest it's all worth it the food is great and the service is, well can't explain them there just so kind and caring and not afraid to hang around to have a little chat and even after that other customers still get what they want and walk out with a smile on there faces aswell as us.
Red chilli derby is the place to eat at if you've not been I strongly recomend you to go give it a go because I can assure that you WILL be happy!

“i loved red chilli, ”

written by simmi7bagri on 06/01/2009

i loved red chilli,
me and my cousin went there twice, and both times got served excellently, food was great, and the waiters were really nice.
we got served quickly and the food was exactly how we expected it.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Well we booked this restaurant for 20 people for our...”

written by superman34 on 14/12/2008

Well we booked this restaurant for 20 people for our works Christmas party, after reading the review in the evening telegraph (secret service). We arrived at 8 O ' clock to be told that our table was not in the main restaurant but in the side room with another party (20). So we thought ok let ' s make the most of it. We waited 1 hour for popodums and drinks, we then ordered our food which was £ 16.95 for a set menu. It then took another hour for 4 platters (plates not platters as described) to arrive with 3onion bargees cut in half a portion of chicken tikka and a sheek kebab cut in half. We didn ' t get our main courses until 10.30 and that was messed up too. The same thing happened to the other party in our room. They gave us 4 bottles of cheap wine £ to try and say that was enough for ruining our night.