Crampton & Moore Reviews - www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk

Crampton & Moore www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Amazing Customer Service from the whole team!”

Written on: 07/08/2022 by Siroo (1 review written)

I’ve just received a bargain tumble dryer. I ordered it online. I received a personal phone call from a member of their team the following day to confirm when it would be convenient to drop off the item. The item was dropped off the following day by their own delivery driver. We received a call advising they were 20minutes away. The driver and his mate kindly brought the new Tumble dryer in and placed it up on the counter where it was needed. They showed me how it worked. They then asked if we wanted them to remove the old one that we had moved outside to make space for the delivery. They very kindly took the other one with them. Which saved me a job!

“Threaten you with CCJ for refunded item by Amazon”

Written on: 31/10/2020 by Nicky777 (1 review written)

Threaten you with CCJ and send court documents for a purchase refunded by Amazon!! So at the end of April I purchased a fridge freezer from Amazon - this was apprently through this company. All was delivered fine but after a few days it began making a huge noise and was clearly faulty, not keeping things very warm. I raised a return request on Amazon as we had just moved house in the middle of the pandemic and needed a working fridge. Crampton and Moore closed the return request on 19th May telling me to contact Samsung - basically waiving any return rights I had and taking no responsibility. I contacted Samsung anyway and they would not send anyone out due to the pandemic. In the meantime we obtained a second hand fridge from a friend and I raised a claim against this to Amazon as goods not working as this was where the payment was made and I had rights under Consumer Act for faulty goods. Amazon found in my favour and returned my funds on the 4th June. The refund came from Amazon as Crampton and Moore could clearly not be bothered to resolve my return issue and took no responsibility. I recieved a letter after this asking me to hold onto the fridge for collection as Arrow XL were not collecting - fine. Since then i recieved no communication I contacted Arrow XL at the time and asked when were they going to be able to collect as they had delivered it but no collection they told me 'how long is a piece of string'- this was in June In the meantime we have recieved no communication from them in 5 months to return this fridge. We had this in our garden for 3.5 months through the summer - no contact from Crampton and Moore or Arrow XL - and eventually we had it removed as frankly it was unslightly, a theft risk and was getting dirty and smelly from the bad weather. It was water logged every time it rained. Three days ago apparently they rang me and I hung up - I was working and frankly I assumed it was a sales call, I dont even remember the call as anyone who gets calls from random companies probably thinks the same. Next day I recieve court documents for £414.97 and the threat of a CCJ This is the first they have bothered to contact me in 5 months. I have recieved no email contact through Amazon and no contact by telephone other than this one call. I have contacted Amazon Executive Complaints and they have advsied they are in breach of the seller rules for selling on the site and are investigating this on my behalf - I hope they are removed from the site completely and I wonder how many other people they do this to. I paid Amazon, they paid Crampton and Moore. Amazon refunded me and I hung onto a piece of white goods for months with no contact. I have not recieved a notice of intention to take me to court, nor any other letters from this company. I feel we have acted in a sensible way that any other person would have done and how long am I reasonably supposed to keep an item pending collection? She contacted me on 28th October apparently - now we are going into another lockdown - when was this going to be collected? Would you have a faulty fridge in your garden for months?? To not communicate then send CCJ documents that arent even factual is an attempt to harrass and intimidate. They state in their documents that they refunded me - they didnt Amazon did because they washed their hands of a faulty product. I phoned them from a number on Google and I spoke to a woman in head office who advised she could not transfer me to this person and she gave me the number for her office. When i called her she stated that I could not have had the number any other way than a letter and would not accept i called someone else in her company from a number on Google. She advised they had to reclaim their money somehow and if they couldnt get it from Amazon they would get it from me. Now they are asking me to pay them directly which I will not be doing as my contract for sale was with Amazon and not them. I won a claim from Amazon based on my Consumer Rights that they neglected and they are doing this to threaten and intimidate us with a CCJ.

“Once they have your money they don't care!”

Written on: 14/10/2020 by Phoenixh109 (1 review written)

I bought a TV from their eBay account, received the usual set of initial completion emails and a delivery email with a tracking number through APC their nominated delivery company. With initial scans at the APC hub that evening the TV did not turn up the next day. I followed up with calls to APC & Crampton and Moore for four days before they finally admitted that they needed to send the order again. Horrific service, it seems that they are one of those companies that when they have received your money from your card they ultimately don't care when you receive your goods. I will never use them again. There are so many other similar companies that will offer good prices and hopefully decent & honest customer service!!

“SAMSUNG TV”

Written on: 16/11/2019 by JAYKAY50 (1 review written)

Purchased tv on ebay site which stated as brand new item. Quick delivery but it was obvious that the box had been resealed. On opening up i could see that tv had been put back in box as protective wrapping was not put on screen properly, energy sticker that should have been stuck on screen was lying in box and tv stand was not in its place but pushed down side of box. on phoning customer services i spoke to woman who acted in negative way first saying that i hadn't bought from them when i gave order number, then she said it was a new item from their central warehouse. When i told her that it was obvious that item had been out of box and not new she said that she would mention it to warehouse and that was the end of my discussion with her. Poor service. items on their ebay site must be returns and not new as stated.

“Looked good but unexpected problems”

Written on: 20/06/2016 by otamiJ (12 reviews written)

I searched on the web and found the lowest price for a certain DAB radio with Cramptons. I guess that it is what it is, a cheap DAB radio. However, as I had very limited stations available [due to location, not the radio], I elected to return the radio as it is of no use. This is when I discovered the complexity of the Returns process, which defeated me so that I now own a radio that is of little use and I have written this review. In a nutshell, the Crampton on-line ordering has several routes to market [despite goods appearing to be from Cramptons]. My order number was not known by Cramptons because the goods may have come from ebay or Amazon. Cramptons did not know. So, the returns trail opens upto three outlets, not one. As I do not have an account with either Ebay or Amazon, I have gone around in circles and given up. If the goods are what you want and there is no likelyhood of havng to return it, Cramptons may be a good way forward. Otherwise, beware.

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - USE A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY”

Written on: 03/02/2016 by 19Sharon (1 review written)

I have had a terrible experience with this company and would seriously advise anyone thinking of ordering from them to refrain and order elsewhere. I raised a complaint regarding my purchase, and both the office manager and subsequently the managing director became involved and could only threaten legal action. They both sent letters littered with spelling mistakes and factual errors and the managing director actually confirmed to me in writing that I had been dealt with unprofessionally. He then disappeared and left everything to his incompetent office manager. I am now in the process of returning my item as I do not want to deal with these any longer and I am going to re-order the same item from another company and at a cheaper price too.

“Do not trust them!”

Written on: 05/01/2016 by MatW (1 review written)

They substituted the item I ordered with a cheaper version & did not tell me that they had done so. Luckily I noticed & told them, but they refused to give me the price difference between the item I ordered & the one they delivered until I threatened legal action, do not trust them!

“Very poor service”

Written on: 08/10/2015 by Barnowl123 (1 review written)

I ordered a time sensitive item and therefore paid extra for 48 hour delivery. 4 days later it still hadn't arrived. Crampton and Moore ignored all of my initial communications to find out where the item was. When I finally got hold of them, I found that they were rude and not very understanding, considering I had to take 2 days off work for nothing. I was abruptly told by an employee there that they had done absolutely nothing wrong even though I had paid them for 48 hour delivery and the item still hadn't arrived 4 days later. During the conversation the employee even started shouting at me and seemed reluctant to let me speak or even believe what I was trying explain! In summary I found their communication to be terrible and their Customer Service even worse. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy and I shall avoid them in the future. I still haven't received the item and I have no idea where it is. Luckily I paid via Paypal so I am guaranteed a refund.

“Excellent and super fast service”

Written on: 06/02/2015 by Simone87 (1 review written)

I ordered a Samsung Soundbar which I had originally ordered from another website but after 3 weeks of getting nowhere they eventually refunds, so I ordered the product from Crampton & Moore. I immediately got an email telling me my ordered had been accepted. I chose the standard delivery which was free and so the product was due to arrive in 3-5 days. The next day I received another email saying it would be delivered the following day. I wasn't going to be in that day but they gave me a simple option to change to whatever weekday I wanted. On the day of delivery I got a one hour slot and the driving arrive bang in the middle of this which is a rarity these days. While I didn't have to deal with any person directly the ordering process was simple and the product arrive quickly in good condition. Would definitely use again.

“Definitely shop there again”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by Juliedek (1 review written)

my washing machine packed in on our return from holiday on Sunday, I called in the shop on Monday morning, chose a washer & they delivered it Monday afternoon, connected it up & took the old machine away. If any other store can beat that, I will be most surprised. Excellent service

“abysmal after sales service........!!!!”

Written on: 26/02/2014 by BoPritchard142 (1 review written)

Very disappointing customer service!!.......they don't give a stuff that you've spent hundreds of pounds on a TV that has gone faulty 3 times in 8 months starting from 6 weeks old requiring me to take 6 days off work for engineers to come.........they just tell you to go to Samsung directly...............who don't consider a software fault to be a fault....even though the TV didn't work so wont uphold the guarantee so had to get trading standards & RETRA involved.....still Crompton & Moore didn't care....very rude "customer services" guy basically told me to get lost!!!.......made a complaint directly to the MD....not easily done as details and methods of complaint are not listed......................HOWEVER...........one person sold me the TV over the phone and when I finally got through to her she sorted it in a breath........CROMPON & MOORE......you need to sort your after sales and customer service out!!....and give her a pay rise!!!!!!!

“Waste of time ”

Written on: 15/03/2013

On ordering a home cinema system was informed in stock , payment was taken , e-mail confirmation confirmed order then shortly after another e-mail stating out of stock and that " they may get further stock at the end of the following week ! Despite regular e-mails of which some were ignored and others replied to in a untimely manner the item never came available so I took a refund - cheap price - cheap company with poor customer service - avoid !

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 05/03/2013

Messed up my order, was unhelpful when I tried to correct it with them on the phone. Very rude staff. Would avoid at all costs.

“Crampton and Moore - fantastic service”

Written on: 25/02/2013

Having found the best price for my new Toshiba TV on the web but having seen a few negative reviews online, I called Crampton and Moore on Wednesday to check that they had stock and that the price (inc free delivery was correct). The chap I spoke to was very helpful and took my order which I arranged for delivery today. I was told that I could call on Saturday to get a tracking number if needed. I called for it first thing this morning and again spoke to a helpful chap who provided the required info. As anticipated, my lovely new TV turned up this afternoon, so I am very, very happy.

“Super Fast Super Easy”

Written on: 22/01/2013 by TechMom (2 reviews written)

Ordered our Samsung 3d tv on Friday 18th Jan(when we had 10 inches of snow!) Crampton and Moore were the cheapest plus free delivery. Within 5 Minutes I had a Conformation email saying its about to be dispatched and what day it will be delivered! I was in a little disbelief at how fast it was all happening, however Monday 21st Jan my Television turned up - before lunch as well! Easy to use website, Cheapest on the web by far, Free and Fast Delivery. Easy access to lots of information. Everything you need and want when ordering a pricey item.

“Samsung Smart”

Written on: 03/01/2013 by MDFARRELL (1 review written)

Ok my confidence in ordering over the internet has now been restored by this company. Good customer care, fast delivery, next day even and beat tv direct by a big margin. very happy

“Excellent Company To Deal With....”

Written on: 18/12/2012 by Gary13 (1 review written)

This is the second time I've used Crampton & Moore in the last couple of years. The first time was to buy a Panasonic TV and that was an excellent service but I've just ordered a Panasonic Blu-ray Player/HDD recorder on the 17/12/12 at 2pm by phone because there was a problem on the website with the 3D Card ID or something but ordering by phone was easy and straight forward and by 1.30pm on the 18/12/12 its now arrived and sitting in my living room waiting to be opened. That's what I call a good service with free delivery.

“Excellent Value and Outstanding Customer Service”

Written on: 03/12/2012

Ordered an AEG double oven. This company offered the best price on supply and fit. I was kept fully informed throughout the order process and both the fitters and Crampton rang me to let me know the fitting date. I was absolutely delighted.

“AVOID AT ALL COST!!”

Written on: 08/11/2012

Terrible company!! Do not expect good customer service! Did not receive item and company were completely unapproachable! Woman in customer services spoke to me like utter dirt. DO NOT expect to be spoken to like that from my worst enemy let alone a company who have my money!! They've made it as difficult as they can for me, this has to be the worst transaction I have ever made. Terrible, terrible company. I can't believe companies are still afloat in the recession with attitudes and staff like this!!

“Excellent prices and service both before and after sale.”

Written on: 28/10/2012

I ordered my Samsung Smart TV and Samsung surround sound system at 2pm one day and received my items by 11am the following day. Steve in the sales department was very helpful, friendly and efficient. While assembling my sound surround system I couldn't find the screw required to attach the stand to the sound bar so telephoned to ask for one to be sent. The woman (sorry her name escapes me) I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful, she said she would try and locate one for me and phone me back. She did so within a few minutes having got warehouse staff to locate one for me. She told me that I may not have come across the screw as it was in a plastic bag with other items, this in fact was the case it was just wasn't visible as it had become lodged within another component but when I opened the pack it fell out. I was very impressed with my dealing with this company both before and after sales this along with their fantastic prices would definitely encourage me to use them again. Highly recommended.