Jann Robbins, Harold & Me: My Life, Love, & Hard Times with Harold Robbins Reviews

Media Gallery for Jann Robbins, Harold and Me: My Life, Love, and Hard Times with Harold Robbins

Jann Robbins, Harold and Me: My Life, Love, and Hard Times with Harold Robbins

“So I order a warm cookie sandwich, which she barely...”

Written on: 18/06/2021 by elena12 (4 reviews written)

So I order a warm cookie sandwich, which she barely covers with ice cream. I don't live more than 5 minutes away. It had melted by the time I came home. Cookie is as solid as a rock. I'm not sure what you're talking about. This was both my first and last visit.

“I went to Trinoma Mall with my sister and wanted to...”

Written on: 17/04/2021 by marryjakson (4 reviews written)

I went to Trinoma Mall with my sister and wanted to try Baskin-Robbins for the first time out of curiosity. I put an order for the junior double scoop (priced at 145 PhP). Since it's a JUNIOR double scoop, I wanted it to be a small serving.

“Harold and Me: My Life, Love, and Hard Times with...”

Written on: 06/12/2008 by Harriet Klausner (18637 reviews written)

Harold and Me: My Life, Love, and Hard Times with Harold Robbins
Jann Robbins
Forge, Dec 9 2009, $25.95
ISBN: 9780765300034

In 1982 in Oklahoma City, Jann Stapp received a call that Harold Robbins will interview her for the temporary job of his personal assistant. Down to a box of cereal and two cats, she was excited by the possibility as she knew her grandma, her mom, and her aunt were fans of the renowned author. She was also frightened as she read the Pirate the night before her trip to Los Angeles for the interview that changed her life. He hired her and remained in the job for the next ten years as an assistant to the volatile hard living Robbins. In 1992 she became his wife and was with him until he died five years later.

Although the biography obviously focuses on Harold Robbins, his widow provides a deep perspective into their relationship. Even as Ms. Robbins descriptions are somewhat rose colored to include the hard times when he was over the edge, she captures the essence of her late spouse whose genius was entertaining the public with intense passionate tales; the same way he lived life. Obviously for fans of Harold Robbins or celebrity biographies, Harold And Me: My Life, Love And Hard Times With Harold Robbins is an intriguing insight into the king of the titillating raucous thriller.

Harriet Klausner