Moda In Pelle Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Moda In Pelle - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Moda In Pelle

“Heel fell off my boots”

written by MIDA104 on 21/02/2023

I bought a pair of boots after two days the heel fell off, they were only fit for the bin, that's where they went. I emailed the company and sent pictures, they told me that because I could not send them back they were not prepared to do anything. Terrible customer service, avoid at all cost!

“Bad bad customer service ”

written by Gaff7 on 21/06/2022

I purchased shoes in the manchester store, the shoes were faulty, after returning them for inspection I was told they had been repaired, although in my opinion they had done nothing to them, when I questioned this they offered me 20% off another pair, they must think I’m stupid, the company needs to sort its customer services out, and it’s poor quality shoes !!!

“worst company ever”

written by Damian56 on 02/06/2018

The boots are faulty and this is the second pair, the first was replaced but the replacement have the same fault. terrible company.

“Dreadful customer service”

written by ChristineSawyer on 12/05/2018

Terrible customer service. Getting a refund is practically impossible without the most ridiculous head office procedure that even then isn’t guaranteed. The boots are faulty and this is the second pair, the first was replaced but the replacement have the same fault. The worst company I have dealt with!

“Nothing ”

written by Daisyjack on 15/12/2016

Went to the Marlow shop and it was awful. Went on Monday morning. It was empty. No service. One person who was manager on computer and her mobile phne. When I approached her to ask if they had a size 5 in a pair of boots she said no. She was rude and not helpful. This isn't the 1st time I went into shop and was felt likel this before. Thought I would try again and same thing happened . Rude. Aggressive and not bothered. The shop is always empty. And nothing is done about staff and manager.

“Designer footwear at a fair price”

written by newfies789 on 01/02/2016

Purchased a pair of long and short boots on Christmas Eve and I found... Excellent choice Skilled craftsmanship Great quality Reasonable prices Brilliant staff but mostly I found.... Beautiful Boots I took advantage of the change by date and decided to upsize both pairs of boots for less of a snug fit but that is personal choice. Absolutely delighted with both pairs... Stunning Thank you Moda in Pelle... I will be back for more beautiful footwear

“shocking customer service”

written by MelissaOlson on 18/11/2015

I found this company very tight considering the shoes are expensive. I don't know of any high street company which charges for returns and you dont even get a good service, the website was always faulty and you have to pay to telephone them and the delivery service is cheap and not well monitored, unless desperate for a certain shoe I would leave well alone.

“lovely shoes and service”

written by Bruno277 on 26/07/2015

Faulty sandles exchanged in norwich (jarrolds) store by the most helpful lady who went outof her way to obtain another pair from another store. Eventhough had the inconvenience of having to return said items the excellent customer service made up for it.

“Terrible customer service”

written by Regan109 on 23/01/2015

please don't buy anything online with these people!!! I placed an order for 2 boots, a size 37 & 38 through customer services as the website was faulty, I then had to phone them 3 times as I did not receive a confirmation email with a tracking number. They were finally dispatched 5 days after placing the order. As they had not arrived 3 days after dispatch I used the tracking order number that was finally emailed to me and it informed me that this order didn't exisit! Having phoned customer service again, they rang the courier and informed me that the boots hadn't arrived at the courier depot and had got lost in transit, they placed another order for the correct colour boots, in the 38 I orignally wanted (as at the time of orignal order they weren't in stock) and lo and behold the 'lost' order turned up at the delivery address I provided them! I had very clearly spoken to the customer services girl to confirm that I wouldn't have to pay for returns if they did turn up and she agreed. On phoning back she told me that that was not the case and I would have to pay, eventually through arguing with her and reminding her that she had assured me on my previous call, she agreed to refund me the costs of returning these items, once they received the 2 boots. The sheer inconvenience and inconsistency was so frustrating, not surprisedreading the other reviews that I'm not the first to complain about the shambolic customer services department, although they certainly didn't service the customer on this occasion

“Awful customer service in their Leeds outlet”

written by Toop66 on 07/12/2014

I returned a pair of boots to the store for the second time, the deputy assistant who dealt with my query looked down on me and you could see she was very reluctant to refund me. She said suppose you had better give her the money back then. I then phoned the customer services department, who informed me that the branch manager would get in touch with me within 5 days, this did not happen so I called the store and the branch manager did not apologise for the way her assistant had treated me and to be quite honest her attitude was no better than her assistant. I have spent so much money I their chain of stores, but never ever again. Disgusting customer service. Do not entertain this company if you want good customer service.

Modainpelle's Response to Toop66's Review

Written on: 16/01/2015

Hi there, our sincerest apologies that you have had a bad experience in one of our stores, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and we are very sorry you feel like you have not received this. I understand you have spoken to our Customer Services team before but if you would to call or email us with your contact details we would like to see how we can help and address the issue that you had in store. You can call our Customer Services team. Thanks you, Moda in Pelle.

“Dont By online”

written by kfLeslie439 on 14/07/2014

PLEASE DO NOT BY ONLINE. I AM SO ANGRY WITH THIS COMPANY.I ORDERD A PAIR OFF SHOES 2WEEKS AGO ONLINE TO BE TOLD THEY WOULD BE DILERVERED TO MY ADDRESS BUT NO SHOES HAVE COME I WAS TOLD THEY WERE DELIVERED TO A NEIGHBOUR WHEN I ASKED WHAT NEIGHBOURE THEY SAID OO WE DONT NO. I CONTACTED THE COMPANY ASKING WERE ARE MY SHOES I WAS TOLD THE DELIVERY WAS NOT SENT AND THEY WILL BE DELIVERED THE NEXT DAY AND DO YOU THINK I GOT THEM NO I DIDDENT I CALLED AGAIN THEY TOLD ME THEY COULD NO FIND THEM. I AM SO ANGRY THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY AND NO SHEOES. IF YOU HAVE ANY SENCE DO NOT BYE ONLINE.....

“Faulty product - no satisfaction”

written by privatejen on 29/05/2014

I have shopped at Moda in Pelle for over 20 years and always enjoyed the product and had great satisfaction. Imagine my disappointment, not to say disillusionment, over the following experience. I bought two pairs of shoes in the sale last June - one pair of wedge, leather trainers for £77 - a good price (I thought). I wore them fairly regularly, although by no means more than about once or twice a week. Two months ago I noticed they needed re-heeling but my regular shoe repair store told me that it was impossible to put new heels on a rubber sole...I was taken aback, as buying a pair of shoes, albeit in the sale, one does not expect to be unable to have them repaired. I therefore took the back to Moda in Pelle where, despite them having the name of the store printed in the shoe, told me I had to show 'proof of purchase' before they would do anything. Luckily, I keep all my reciepts and managed to find the year old receipt....returned again to the shoe shop and was told they would send them back to base and let me know when they had a response. I was hoping they would return repaired. Several weeks later I had heard nothing, so returned to the shop, to be told 'oh yes, we had tried to contact you'...funny that I had had no missed calls etc....anyway, I was then told that the shoes had been worn for a year and there was nothing that could be done. After losing my temper I was patronisingly told how generous the shop was going to be as a gesture of 'good will' they would give me the current value of the shoe back in a voucher..which turned out to be half what I paid...i told them I would not be buying shoes there again so she even more generously gave me it back on my credit cared.....I am fed up and shoeless and disgusted at the meanness of a store I had enjoyed over many years. WARNING do not buy rubber soled shoes and have the temerity wear them.....

“Excellent customer service”

written by Gabs6 on 08/02/2014

Just purchased a pair of boots in the sale which I ordered online... the day the boots arrived I found that they had been reduced by a further £ 20. I called Moda in Pelle and they honoured the further reduction and refunded me the differnce! The boots are fantastic, a very happy customer! Excellent customer service. Thank you!!

Shoebuyer's Response to Gabs6's Review

Written on: 20/11/2015

they knew you could have returned them to a store and re-ordered them which would have cost them more in admin

“Moda In Pelle Plymouth”

written by Jordan12 on 30/12/2013

I always go in here to get some shoes and as ever the manager of the Plymouth shop is always helpful and goes well out of her way to help me from choosing a new pair to returning or exchanging for a new pair, would recommend shopping here for a helpful service

“wish I read reviews first !”

written by on 25/11/2013

My husband bought me what seemed the lovliest pair of boots from this store, unfortuantly all was not as it seemed !. The boots were made of soft leather and after taking these shoes home and reviewing them in a different light I noticed a fault at the back of the boot. I contacted the company who seemed helpful and said they would replace the boots. Took the boots to the store who had informed me that it looked like splash marks on the back of the boot they would have to be sent off incase it was my fault???? Fortuantly a friend with retail experience was with me who disputed this case !!!, the sales assistant contacted customer service who said they would replace the boots as a good will gesture but I could not have my money back ????, to top it offf the sales advisor informed me "Icould order you another pair from else where however you would just find a fault in them also" HOW RUDE. Managed to find another pair of boots and when I have got home the boots are fine but the box of which they are in looks worn and disgruntled!!! I am not being picky just when you visit this store it ouzes expense and sophisticated items.....or so I thought.....I expected so much more.....get much better service from other cheaper high street stores of which a pair of boots would be half of the money my husband spent and of which staff have much better training in customer service!!!!! Such a shame.

“Bath store manager provides unacceptable customer service”

written by Harrybertie on 25/10/2013

The bath store has some great products , however the Store Manager does not encourage you to buy and it is the most shocking service I have received . She refused to help with a faulty product , even thou I wanted to spend a substantial amount on 3 other pairs . I was not offered any level of acceptable service , from being kept waiting , bad attitude ( shrugging of shoulders) and aggressive body language. I can only shop there when she is not in as very intimidating .

“AWFUL QUALITY! WILL NEVER BUY FROM HERE AGAIN!”

written by katie34 on 16/09/2013

Awful quality, i bought a pair of lovely boots i paid £40 in the sale i was so happy with them, i thought at last at decent pair of boots that should last, how wrong was i, the leather on the toe of the boot peeled away after only wearing them twice. I feel saddened they didnt last. These were bought by my mother as all my spare money is spent on my daughter, i am going to stick to cheap boots they last longer.

“Visit moda in pelle in Plymouth from time to time,...”

written by Raffle on 21/06/2013

Visit moda in pelle in Plymouth from time to time, each time I have a lovely experience, the two girls are fantastic! Helpful and nothing is to much trouble. My latest visit was Friday 21st June, they were busy, but still had time to serve me . As I haven't got the easiest feet to shoe! With a little help and advice , I managed to find a beautiful pair of soft leather flats, I'm delighted with. I recommend moda in pelle shoes for comfort style and quality . I recommend if you have never tried on their shoes / boots , it is worth a trip down that way!

“Worst online experience ”

written by OliAus on 15/06/2013

I'm in Australia and do quite a bit of online shopping, and my purchase from moda in pelle's online store is by far the worst online experience I've had. First the delivery times they specify on their site are way underestimated, international deliveries take between 7-10 days, and here I am one month later waiting for my order. Second, their customer service is a joke (shouldn't use the words customer service as there is none). I've emailed them on multiple occasions regarding my order, asking for them to tell me when my order was shipped and they never actually answer my question, all I get is 'you will receive it in the next few days'. I've even asked them to email me a copy of the shipping info, and again they apologize for any inconvenience and tell me when I should expect my order. What does a person need to do to have their question answered??? Obviously they are lying about my order being shipped, otherwise they would have no problem emailing me the shipment details. Save yourself a massive headache, I know their sales may be tempting, but I'd rather spend the full amount on boots/shoes at a reputable site than this poor excuse for an online store. MODA IN PELLE IS PATHETIC

“Moda in Pelle - Not fit for purpose ”

written by mollymae on 21/05/2013

Bought a pair of fur lined boots for winter which I initialy loved after wearing for a while I noticed the leather around the heel block receeding back to show the cheap white block heel underneath. Contacted Moda In Pelle customer services again as they promtly told me to send them the boots they would have a look at them I though all very positive! I then get a phoen call from them saying the boots have been received and their assessor confirmed that it is wear and tear on the boots due to them having been worn in the rain at some point, the leather has dried out quickly and started to shrink back, but they can repair them for me. Politely informed them that if you can't wear winter boots in the rain then technically they are not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act and that a repair was not good enough as they weren't cheap boots. Not really expecting much of a reply, but having initially loved this store will never set fot in it again, rubbish quality and appalling customer service to blame a fault on wear and tear.