Tanglewood Evolution TW28 Reviews

• Appearance

Tanglewood Evolution TW28 - Ask a question now

“Tw28 YCSR”

written by Kaveman on 07/09/2023

I have a TW28 YCSR. This is a more rare one as it was the most expensive of the series. It has a solid cedar top but gloss finish with rosewood sides, back and fretboard. Clearly in western Canada people know little of the brand as I found it new in a Dutch auction Axe music for $106 CDN. This guitar would be a bargain at 4 or 5 times that amount . It's tone is absolutely beautiful and with elixir strings has sustain forever. The fit and finish are on par with my masterbilt aj45 and although completely different sound , I would be hard pressed to part with this guitar ever . Ive had her for 10 years and all I've done was a setup with a luthier when new , oddly Axe wasn't enthusiastic about giving me a complimentary setup lol.if you find one used I would jump on it , of all the many acoustics I've owned this one is definitely in the top 5

“Ignore the price!”

written by Neogoonhead on 24/06/2013

The tone and projection are breath-taking. Taylor, Martin, Yamaha, Gibson - Big Brands and massive reputations with a price to match! Go see / play this guitar and try and ignore the price. Well built and finished, the best set up from the factory I've ever seen on an Acoustic. I hardly needed to touch the action at all. Being a avid Rosewood / Spruce fan I confess I bought this axe out of curiosity. I simply cannot put it down, sweet bright tone with a bell like 'out there' projection. I paid £120, for a near new version; I would not sell it for £1200!

“Worth it”

written by yodertilly on 06/01/2012

This guitar has been perfect for me. I have learned so much with it and it fits me perfectly. Very durable also. I agree with the other reviewers and their opinions.

“Wow, this is the very first guitar i bought. I was...”

written by on 08/09/2010

Wow, this is the very first guitar i bought. I was just looking for a nice little starters-guitar. I was checking out all these guitars at our local guitar shop in The Hague.... from all the guitars that were in that store, they left out the Tanglewood ST-28. So i thought... well what about that one ? And i started playing there and it was nothing like the other starters... it was awesome... still have it, still playing it. I'm currently using this guitar six years (intensively) and i'm not going to put it aside anywhere soon.

“The Tanglewood TW-28 CSN is an amazing little...”

written by on 03/08/2010

The Tanglewood TW-28 CSN is an amazing little dreadnought guitar. From the first time I picked it up, I knew I had to have it. Now of course, some people may think to themselves,"How could this guitar be that good when it only costs around $250 USD?" Well, take my word for it, it IS. I have played Alverez, Aria, Carvin, Epiphone, Gibson, Guild, Johnson, C.F. Martin, Ovation, Takamine, Taylor, Washburn, and Yamaha guitars. As most players know, Alverez, Gibson, Martin, and Taylor are the most popular "high-end" guitars. And the only guitars on this list that can touch the sound, projection, and tone of the Tanglewood TW-28 is Martin. I had a friend who was in his seventies and had bought a Martin for around $3500 USD. I loved that Martin guitar so when he died, I never saw or played that guitar again. Though I never thought I would say this about any guitar, the TW-28 is that Martin's equal. If you are considering buying a Tanglewood, DO IT!!!

Dickgitaar's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2013

I have the same experience, got a martin too that's 10 x the price of this simple guitar and I never play it anymore...amazing....

“Ok Tanglewood TW 28,iv playd guitar for 20 years ,have...”

written by on 05/06/2010

Ok Tanglewood TW 28,iv playd guitar for 20 years ,have playd on everything from Gibson to you name it.i got calld up from my lokal musicdealer,he said Robert you have to come and check this guitar out,i did he,he gave me a Tangw 28 satin.The price was in Norvegiaqn money 3.200 i guess thats someting like 300 euro aprox,this january this year,i have to inform that i have a Martin middle price,that means a verry expensive guitar,that guitar is about 10 years old and iv been using that one most of the time,its a good guitar,but belive it or not when i startet to play on that Tangelwood the first time i was stund,it sounded better then my Martin,i could not belive it!!!!Overal this guitar is amazing,and im so dam happy tha
t people that maybe dont have economy enough to by something like Gibson,Taylor or Martin can find guitars that cost nothing compered to those so calld super guitars that cost a fortune,so obviasly there start to be producers that makes verry good guitars to a normal price,im sick of having to pay prices that is no where neaqr what those guitars are worth its just the name,im glad that companys like Martin,Gibson,Taylor Takamine etc gets compatition they have been ruling to long,as i said iv been playing Martin the last years and also a Gibson Jumbo and Hummingbird,yes they are good guitars and i wouldnt sell any of them but they are not worth half of what they cost.That Tanglewood is just awsome and i love it!!!!!

Asked by Clothier on 17th April 2024 Report this content
What is the value of a TW28SR in mint condition?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site