The Clog & Billycock, Pleasington Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Clog and Billycock, Pleasington - Ask a question now

“Having stumbled across The Bull near Skipton and being...”

Written on: 06/08/2010

Having stumbled across The Bull near Skipton and being very pleased I tried 'The Clog' as it is somewhat nearer my home in Worsley and belongs to the same group (Ribble Valley Inns). I have now been there twice in as many weeks, first with my daughter and then with a friend who is 'partial to good food' and a 'break from the missus'.
I have had the roast dinner (at The Bull), the Barnsley chops and the burger. I have been very pleased with the quality and the quantity of food served on each… Read Full Review

“Having been to The Three Fishes at Mitton before, I...”

Written on: 24/04/2010

Having been to The Three Fishes at Mitton before, I thought of trying the Clog and Billycock for a change. This meal was nowhere near the same quality as the sister establishment. We had to order our own food at the bar which, considering the prices, was a very strange arrangement.

As starters we ordered fish cakes and parsnip fritters. Although the fish cake was tasty the portion was absolutely tiny which was not helped by the lack of an inclusive bread basket. The parsnip fritters were… Read Full Review

“The Clog and Billycock is another in the 3...”

Written on: 25/11/2008 by nedbrab (22 reviews written)

The Clog and Billycock is another in the 3 Fishes/Highwayman 'chain'. Absolutely wonderful food, beautifully presented. This weekend we went for my birthday and I had Butternut squash and apple soup, pork wellington (I know! pork!) with roast potatoes, green beans and madeira sauce, burnt English custard with preserved blackberries and a Lancashire cheeseboard (I think it was creamy lancashire, crumbly lancashire, smoked lancashire, garlic and herb lancashire and Garstang Blue). My partner had… Read Full Review