Starboard Rio Medium Reviews

4.0

Starboard Rio Medium - Ask a question now

“I'm a newbie to Windsurfing after trying it 15 years ago. ”

written by bobjbrown on 19/02/2009

I'm a newbie to Windsurfing after trying it 15 years ago.

This board has made all the difference.

I sail with a 5.5m and 4.5m rig and find the board easy to sail, well balanced and fun. ( most important)
It is easy to keep your position on the board due to the profile of the deck, and the soft top makes it kind when you fall in.
It gets up to plane well enough, but having a centreboard means that you can do a lot more than just broad reaching.

It doesn't have a chine which makes directional stability a little more wandery but I'm happy to still be standing and don't worry about direction.

Excellent fun whether you're out for a dash and a splash or more serious free-ride

I was in two minds to go for this or a viper. I'm glad I bought a Starboard Rio!