With a Twist, Blackburn, Lancashire Reviews

Media Gallery for With a Twist, Blackburn, Lancashire

With a Twist, Blackburn, Lancashire

“Terrible customer service”

written by LeilaniFitzgerald45 on 25/10/2015

Young staff who try their best but just don't have the experience so everything is not as slick as they give the impression of it being.They just want your money and the customer service is absolutely terrible after you have paid.

“Great food terrible customer care ”

written by on 28/06/2013

Owner just wants your money and is not interested in customer care or rectifying issues, waiting on staff are for too young they do not have a clue how to wait on at such an elaborate event, very disappointed with the over all experience would of liked to us this company time and time again but will not be recommending them, however the food was amazing! But the people running the business lets it down.

“Amazing!”

written by on 20/12/2012

Ive just got back from my honeymoon and would like to say a huge thank you to all the team at With a Twist, from the very initial meeting with them through to our tasting sessions and then on to our wedding day.It was so important for us to have caterers with vision and style as there are so many 'average' caterers out there, I have to say our wedding breakfast would not have been out of place in a michelin star restaurant, even after 3 weeks our guests are still sending us thank you letters, If only we could do it all again!!

“Superb wedding caterers”

written by on 22/11/2012

We used With a Twist for our recent wedding as the venues preferred caterers and we are SO glad we did! Almost all of our guests commented on how fantastic the food tasted, how well presented it all was and it how it was nice to see something a little different at a wedding! Our final canapé selection was outstanding, both in appearance and flavour. A theme which continued through the rest of the day! Course after course the food did not disappoint, the same can easily be said of the staff who were extremely friendly and accommodating throughout the wedding celebrations. Definately recommended. With a Twist helped make what was to us a perfect day!

“very poor indead”

written by on 12/11/2012

The title says it all. Iv had the misfortune to attend a few with a twist events and well I stand by the title.

“Terrible, dirty caterers”

written by on 18/09/2012

Reluctant to rate even a one also. Terrible catering company. The way the staff were spoken to by the 'big shots' in suits was truly disgusting. My experiences of With a Twist have NEVER been positive. Stay away. Bad event management, Dirty plates/ Salt and pepper mills (They actually had mould on them) Disgusting behaviour.

“Certainly with a twist - no food !!!!!!!!!!!!!”

written by on 04/09/2012

Attended the BIBA's on Friday night and this firm were the caterers. I have given them one star and that's being over generous. Our meal was due to start at 8pm sharp. Our starter finally arrived after 9pm. It was OK at best. We then waited for over an hour and still no sign of our main course. Other tables were by this time having deserts. We approached a waitress on a couple of occasions and eventually food (if that is how I can describe it) arrived. It was shabbily presented, cold and quite frankly inedible. The food I give my cat looks better. One lady had asked for a vegetarian option which was supposed to be goats cheese and onion tart. She got mashed potatoes and peas which was stuck to her plate!!!! By now our table of 10 were starving. Having complained to the waitresses (not their fault I hasten to add) we were eventually told that they had run out of food and chef was sending out for room. God knows what he was supposed to be getting - Kentucky Fried Chicken would have gone down a treat by now. No food ever arrived. They had the audacity to try and give us dessert before we had even had our main course. The dessert was taken away pending main course arriving. Needless to say we got no more food that night. Eventually the chef came to speak to us - they had run out of food and coffee!!!!! We gave up. The tickets for this event were £130.00 per person. I wouldn't have given this company 5p for the food we received (or not as the case may be). In my opinion they had tried to do this on the cheap - 24 waitresses to serve 1200 people - ridiculous. Running out of food - a complete lack of organisation and skill and woefully inadequate. As you can probably gather I would not, under any circumstances whatsoever, recommend that this firm is used for any catering event. If you do go ahead and use them I would suggest that you have a secret stash of food just in case.

“Great food, service and plenty of compliments”

written by RichE on 01/04/2012

I, like the reviewer before had read the negative reviews about With A Twist on this website whilst in the process of shortlisting the caterers for our wedding. However, we decided to contact With A Twist anyway on the advice from the event manager at our reception venue - and we're so glad we did! We had a number of tastings with different companies, but With A Twist were by far the most accommodating and innovative in both their approach and food from the beginning. We needed to have meat, fish, vegetarian and gluten free options for the meal and even with this added complication nothing was too much trouble during the planing and Martin's suggestions for presenting the food that we wanted to serve our guests was always enlightening. As their name suggests, they serve their food With a Twist making every course - from the canapes to the confit pork baps in the evening - a mini event. We had high hopes that our guests would not just enjoy the food but also the way in which it was served. On the day, we couldn't have been more happy with the way Catherine, Rebecca, Chef and their team looked after us. The canapes went down a storm - we still have people commenting to us on the amazing sausages served from a mini washing line - and bringing a personal set of canapes to us whilst we were having our photos taken to ensure we didn't miss out was a marvellous touch. Dinner was more of the same with excellent food and service that was friendly and very professional. So many of our friends commented to both us, and the waiting staff themselves, how impressed they were with the food and the service. The chocolates served with the coffee were also a hit. And the final fanfare was the amazing pork rolls (with crackling) served in the evening to soak up the alcohol from the day. Chef couldn't carve the meat fast enough to satisfy demand from the guests for food that was again classed by more than one of them as sublime. So all in all, we (and as far as we know), all of our guests couldn't fault but highly commended the catering for our wedding. Our experience was polar-opposite to the negative reviews here and although I don't usually leave reviews, in this instance I felt it was more than necessary for me to do so. If, after reading this, you still have a seed of doubt, all I say is give them a ring, go for a tasting and then make your decision. We certainly didn't regret it.

“With a twist wedding catering”

written by on 30/01/2012

After reading some of the reviews on here I was a little hesitant about using this company, but a friend assured me it was the right decision and my gosh was she right! We had a seated wedding breakfast for 80 people and everyone still talks about the food now, oh and we had the most unbelievable canapés I have ever seen or tasted. The staff were great, as was the boss who ran the whole thing on the day. If I ever need to book caterers again, they would absolutely get my call!

“Good food, nice service”

written by ajhall on 26/10/2011

We used this company for our wedding and thought they were really nice. The ONLY thing i would say was that some of our guests weren't served quickly enough and there were people finishing when others were just getting their food, but I guess that's par for the course with a big wedding. Anyway, the food was good, no complaints, and the staff were really nice. Certainly put my wife at ease and she didn't need to panic about that part of the day at least.

“I recently attended an event held by this company and...”

written by on 08/03/2011

I recently attended an event held by this company and found the food to be okay but not worth what my friends had reportedly paid for it and the service was again very disappointing.
My wife and I stumbled across what appeared to b one of the managerial staff speaking to young waiting on staff in a very nasty manor which made us feel very uneasy and angry.
My friend was also very disappointed with there experience and said that the end product did not match up to the service they received at the beginning and also there were hidden costs on the invoice post event which they weren't aware of.

Approach with caution !!!!!

“Attended wreath making at Browsholme Hall .The venue...”

written by on 13/12/2010

Attended wreath making at Browsholme Hall .The venue was lovely.The food was very disappointing.There were seven people sitting on the first table to be served and over 50% of all the food was retuned uneaten. It was completely undercooked! The problem was obviously spotted because service then became very slow and it was probably 20 mins before everyone had been served.However no-one made any attempt to sort out our inedible dinners. I would also have liked a plate to put my mince pie on.A never to be repeated experience.

“After recently attending an event catered for by "With...”

written by on 15/09/2009

After recently attending an event catered for by "With a Twist". From start to finish the service and attitude from the staff and what looked liked the management was awful. When the food came out it looked rather tasty but the crockery was filthy. During the meal there was shouting coming from the service area and the language was foul. I hope that I never have to attend an event held by these people again.

“I stumbled across this website and after reading the...”

written by on 03/09/2009

I stumbled across this website and after reading the reviews felt that i had to add my views. With A Twist have catered for a number of our family and friend's events and have constantly been absoluely outstanding. Small dinner parties, large weddings, 21sts have all been out of this world. the staff have always been brilliant and genuinely excited about each individual event. I felt I had to write my own review as we have never had one bad word to say about them. An excellent catering company and I would recommend to anyone.

“With a Twist, Blackburn, were very good no problems....”

written by on 20/03/2009

With a Twist, Blackburn, were very good no problems. The food was lovley and the staff copuld not have been more helpful. I would recommend them to anyone. The food was great. Had no problems with communication before or during the event. My wedding was flawless it really was the best day of my life and that was partly due to with a twist. Only bad point was they kept calling me to ask me if we need anything else for our special day. It ensured we did not forget anything but the constant contact got a little too much.

“Having read the other 2 reviews for With a Twist, we...”

written by nettyduffy on 09/03/2009

Having read the other 2 reviews for With a Twist, we felt we had to add our review. We used With a Twist as the caterers for our wedding on 21st February 2009 at The Great Hall at Mains, Little Singleton.

We cannot praise With a Twist enough. They totally enhanced our wedding day and turned out delicious food in a fantastic presentation style to every one of our guests. They easily catered for our guests with special diets and took care to provide a well cooked steak for one pregnant lady.

We chose bacon and sausage butties for our evening reception and received many compliments on how gorgeous their butties were - particularly the bacon ones!

We honestly cannot praise With a Twist enough. Thanks to the chef and all the serving staff who helped create an unforgettable day for us. You're all stars!!

“Having used the brand Northcote Offsite before, I was...”

written by on 03/02/2009

Having used the brand Northcote Offsite before, I was passed on the details of the new company, the organising and planning of my party was ok, and lacked from the previous event i had with the company before it seperated. However on the event I thought the staff seemed rude and as though they just didnt want to be there, I felt this made an unwanted atmosphere amongst guests and really disappointed my expectations

“We used With a Twist as it is marketed as caterers...”

written by flee on 24/11/2008

We used With a Twist as it is marketed as caterers that provide a bespoke service and unparalleled customer service. From the outset we found the staff very difficult to get hold of by phone and we had to get our wedding venue to contact them for us. When we did make contact we hardly received any return phone calls from them, we had to continually chase them. We felt they treated us like idiots when we raised this problem when we finally got a face to face meeting. We wanted to give our guests 2/3 options from a wedding menu and they were instantly against this, saying that everyone should have the same thing to eat (which we thought showed no consideration for vegetarians or food allergies). We insisted and created our own menus anyway which they said they would accommodate. They were by no means complicated menus either for a company that 'pride themselves on a bespoke service'.
Towards the wedding date itself I'd had enough and raised a complaint stating that the communication wasn't good enough and they needed to be more prompt. My fiance then took over with the communication and it seemed to have been sorted.

The fresh bread rolls that were supposed to be on the table at the start of the meal were apparently forgotten and brought out half way through the starter, at least half of the guests didn't get their chips with their meal, in many cases there was one portion of chips between 7 people and they still didn't come out when they were requested. One of the meals was totally wrong in portion size and presentation to what we had asked and been promised. When my groom went to complain (instead of enjoying the meal) it was suggested he should sit down and talk about it another time otherwise the food may not get served to the rest of the guests.

We really feel that they ruined our wedding meal for us.

I would not recommend them to anyone or ever consider using them again for anything. We wanted our wedding meal to be the best meal we had ever eaten and it was distinctly average. The only thing we have been left with is a sour taste.