Sherry Argov - Why Men Love Bitches Reviews

Sherry Argov - Why Men Love Bitches - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sherry Argov - Why Men Love Bitches

Sherry Argov - Why Men Love Bitches

“A book that changed my emotional life”

Written on: 18/03/2013

Oh, this book is just great. It's a showdown It's like the book with the most beautiful advices. It expresses very clearly how to act like a lady and if you are strong enough, if you want to face your own mistakes. This wonderful book is for you It returned mi ex back again to me

“Read from cover to cover the day I got it !”

Written on: 09/05/2012

This book is AMAZING! Seriously, I'm not one for reading self-help relationship manuals and have scoffed at the very notion in the past, but a good pal recommended I read this in a bid to convince me my 'nice girl' tendencies were getting in the way of a beautiful relationship with my man. Having finished the book, I have now done a complete 180 in terms of how I view myself and my relationship, I thought the 'nice, mild-mannered, always eager to please girl' was what every guy wanted... WRONG! This book, which I did in fact read from cover to cover, has revealed some very interesting opinions from men on what men actually want and has potentially changed my life and my attitude for the better. Written in a humerous and friendly way, I am proud to stand tall (as tall as a 5ft2" human being can stand) and announce to one and all, I am a wonderful beautiful B.I.T.C.H!

“I just finished reading Why Men Love Bitches, and my...”

Written on: 07/01/2011

I just finished reading Why Men Love Bitches, and my relationsho mirrored that which was described in this book. I am the nice girl trying too hard to constantly please everyone and feeling guilty if even one person made a comment. I was doing the impossible, attempting to please everyone. The only problemwas I forgot to please myself.
I have been in and on and off relationship. Hot and cold so to speak. I began using some ideas from this book and I admit at first I didn't think it would work. But! Voila! He asked me today if there was something different about me. He said I seem more aloof, but in a goof way. I pretended I had no idea what he was talking about. Surprisingly, it worked! Our relationship had gotten stale, and now hes begging to see me.
I think it would be silly for anyone yo think this will work with every man, people are different with different backrounds and will respond differently. Its human nature. But, this book has helped me.greatly and.for once I feel a new respect for myself I haven't felt in a long time. Smewhere along the line, I forgot how to love myself, and that is what I believe is the message that is most important coming from Sherry Argov's book.

“I'm 23 and have been at school 10 hours away from the...”

Written on: 13/07/2010

I'm 23 and have been at school 10 hours away from the girl i love for the past 3 months. I'm the nice guy that tries to do all the right things. I've bought her roses, a necklace, earings, taken her out to dinner, sent her random love letters, planned an elaborate valentine's day, everything that girls always tell me they want. I told her i needed to go back to school to get a career to support our future family and she was upset obviously because i would be away from her. Things were a little shaky long distance but we'd still talk on the phone as much as we could about marriage and how excited we were to be with each other and have a family together. I've been saving up for a ring so that when i get home i can propose to her. We had a week break and during that break she bought the book "Why Men Love Bit*hes". When we next talked she told me all these things she read in it. Most of it didn't apply to me at all and i was confused because she said it helped her make the decision that we should break up.

After we got off the phone i immediately ordered the book and read it myself. Sherry Agrov had some amazing insights and great points that i completely agree with that will help a lot of women get out of hurtful relationships to guys that are lazy and just use and abuse women. I made notes in the book and even highlighted some sections.

Some things however i dis-agreed with and felt like because of it my gf took it to heart and changed herself to try and be like what sherry describes as the powerful "biatch" all men want.

Now when we talk i can see when she is trying something out of one of the chapters, like telling me about all the dates she's been on to get me jealous and run after her.

So instead of getting married like we planned she's starting school in the fall and has told me that she's not willing to sacrifice that and that im the one that will have to sacrifice it and quit school to be with her...I understand the part about making sure you're independent and don't revolve your life around someone else but now i have to give up my last 2 years of school and not get a good paying career to support our future family so that she can feel independent and in control of her life? I'm sorry but some of the things in this book that sherry is trying to teach to women is actually ruining good relationships.

I would only recommend this book to women who feel like they always end up with guys who don't appreciate them and take them for granted, are lazy, and don't put in an effort in the relationship. Everyone has to make sacrifices, don't change yourself to what this book says you need to be to feel like a "biatch". Sure men love independent women but they don't like women who say that a man needs to sacrifice everything including an education to be with them while they do what they want instead. I will do all that i can to be with a girl that i love and i will chase after her, but do not play games, do not try to control, and do not change your personality to fit an author's ideal.

Ledge's Comment

Written on: 09/04/2011

Well, I would marry you in a heartbeat! My boyfriend should take a page out of your book on how to treat his girlfriend the way she should be treated... Too bad he's a ****.

Written on: 17/08/2011

A friend has been recommending this book to me but after reading your post I'm even more assured that I don't need to read it. I think that you are absolutely right when you say, "I would only recommend this book to women who feel like they always end up with guys who don't appreciate them and take them for granted, are lazy, and don't put in an effort in the relationship." I have been in a loving relationship with a man your age and with the qualities you've listed and I truly think that it is your girlfriend's loss if she is more inclined to follow what someone else tells her in a book. However, I do think that this is also great example to illustrate how some readers, like your girlfriend, may be missing the author's point and taking it too far. I don't think the author can be blamed if a woman gives up her own judgement entirely.

Written on: 17/08/2011

A friend has been recommending this book to me but after reading your post I'm even more assured that I don't need to read it. I think that you are absolutely right when you say, \"I would only recommend this book to women who feel like they always end up with guys who don't appreciate them and take them for granted, are lazy, and don't put in an effort in the relationship.\" I have been in a loving relationship with a man your age and with the qualities you've listed and I truly think that it is your girlfriend's loss if she is more inclined to follow what someone else tells her in a book. However, I do think that this is also great example to illustrate how some readers, like your girlfriend, may be missing the author's point and taking it too far. I don't think the author can be blamed if a woman gives up her own judgement entirely.

Written on: 09/07/2011

1.i agree with u 100% 2. i respect u for all the effort u put in ur relationship including actually reading the book 3. Ur gf is not mature enough for marriage.

Read 4 Comments

“Why Men Love Bitches - It's a good book but its...”

Written on: 25/09/2009

Why Men Love Bitches - It's a good book but its superficial and she repeats the same thing over and over agian. And the other thing that got me questioning myself abouth the book was why in the world does she tell you to be independent and then tells you what to do so he will like you. Its good for some relashionships but not all. the other thing she only refers to one of the many types of man that there are in these world so remember one thing take the positive things about the book but dont beleave that everything it says is right, not for all situations.

“Why Men Love Bitches only made me laugh. I bought the...”

Written on: 15/07/2009

Why Men Love Bitches only made me laugh. I bought the book because I was curious to know why it is so successful among ladies. (I'm a girl). And as I began to read the first chapter, the first thing that reached my mind is - "WTF? Is it for real?"
I really wonder, if the author of this book claims she knows "all the secrets of men", why SHE isn't married? .... Doesn't it sound a bit fishy?
This book only made me understand how this Sherry is SO full of herself, how she makes women and men in this book look like idiots, and that this auther is TOO influenced in Hollywood movies. Because what she writes there NEVER happens in real life.

In short, I think this book is full of it. And if so many women love this book, it only makes me feel so sorry about them. It makes me wonder how much our society got so ... boring.

If you really wish to read something intelligent, try the book "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus".

“I started reading Sherry's "Why Men Love Bitches" just...”

Written on: 02/06/2009 by AbercrombieBarbie (1 review written)

I started reading Sherry's "Why Men Love Bitches" just yesterday, and I have already seen an improvement in the behavior of my man! As if I had flipped a light switch that said "sex appeal", he started eating out of my hand: without even knowing it! Not only did it start to turn him on, I wanted HIM even more as well. By simply changing my attitude about what I want out of the relationship, I was able to see more clearly how I should think and act myself.

Instead of dwelling and worrying constantly about how he felt about me, Sherry helped me see that I need to do what makes ME happy, and if he wants to tag along, he better keep up! I stopped begging to go and see him, which really seemed to confuse him. Almost immediately he wanted to know what I had been up to, and whether or not I was available to go out for a date-night. This book alone reminded me of how I should depend on myself for my own happiness and never another person or man.

Thanks to Sherry, my confidence level is already sky-high and I have not even finished the last chapter :) I would definitely recommend this book to any girl who has ever felt unwanted or underappreciated by any man in her life.

“Just loved Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to...”

Written on: 20/04/2009 by akeith (1 review written)

Just loved Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship. Must have read 20 times. Gave to friends to read.

“Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to...”

Written on: 17/04/2009

Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship, in a nutshell: Stop being the traditional nice girl, i.e., bending over backwards for a man, ' jumping through hoops '. You come first, him second, fitting him into your life when it ' s feasible for you; Using your womanly guile to attract and keep him. Being a Bitch means never being mean to a man, she ' s ultra feminine. She simply shows, for the most part, rather than tells, or ' spilling her guts ' as to how she expect to be treated with respect. Simply, it ' s about her, ALWAYS. It ' s about being unobtainable and keeping that personal mystery about yourself that keeps a man chasing you for years, never catching you, yet loving the chase. Having that ' Je ne sais quois 'She goes into different scenarios and stories of how this mystery is displayed. Knowing when to flatter a man instead of nagging him to get what you want or need done, yet never behaving as if you can do everything yourself, or as she says,'you ' ll be stuck doing every thing '. Moving to the beat of your own drum and ' driving your train effortlessly ', being independent of him, ' owning your own pink slip ' financially. In the sequel, she gives scenarios for getting him to marry you and saying and acting in the complete opposite way of a woman who ' s looking to get married. i.e., how to never mention marriage or kids, unless you ' re not interested in him and want to scare him away to begin with ; Never moving in with a man unless you have a ring and a date set beforehand. ' Men listen to no contact with them, not nagging words ', when you ' re tired of asking for what you want. She goes on to list different scenarios of how men may behave and how a woman should react to this pattern of behavior. Scenarios like, if he takes a few hours to call you, take a few hours to call him back, how men will test you with bad behavior to ' see how you scrap ', if you can hold your own emotionally. And like, if a man shows that he ' s crule 'get out. Game Over. In essence, she gives a common sense approach on how any woman should handle herself without losing herself , keeping your own sense of ' self ', applying her techniques to counter act how men may behave towards her at any given time from the beginning of the relationship to the point of him ' fence sitting ' as to if he wants to be in a relationship with you and ultimately stating what you need and if he isn ' t prepared to give it, you ' re out the door and aren ' t afraid to let the words'See ya later ' roll of your tongue at any time.

I love her approach to it all.

“I found this book after I discovered my boyfriend was...”

Written on: 05/04/2009 by nicola cummings (1 review written)

I found this book after I discovered my boyfriend was a cocaine addict, I was really upset and shocked, and even though this book was not specific to my situation I beleive it saved me a lot of extra heart ache. Sherry Argov, "Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship" is clearly a very good book, I think all girls should be taught these things. I feel more in control of my feelings and actions and more sure of myself, I agree with all of Sherry's priciples. If things can get sorted between myself and my ex, I believe this book will greatly improve my relationship.

“OMG! This stuff works! I completed "Why Men Love...”

Written on: 13/03/2009

OMG! This stuff works! I completed "Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship" and immediately started applying the techniques to my relationship.. within 3 days.. He is calling me..emailing me.. telling me he loves me..he misses me... etc Hmmm... I was amazed! I have always been the NICE girl and have always been taken for granted ! After seeing all this in action..NO MORE!!! Only bad point---- That I am 46 and just now found this book! This should be a training manual - for all women!

“I really loved Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches:...”

Written on: 15/01/2009

I really loved Sherry Argov, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship. Now I look for all the time in book store Serry's books.

“Very very precise analyse of the situation, not boring...”

Written on: 28/10/2008

Very very precise analyse of the situation, not boring at all, great sense of humor, you'll enjoy it. Absolutely recommendable...I learned a lot of new things. One has to consider the fact that this is said by a 40 years old beautiful female with a lot of experience!

“It really really works! It's easy to understand, with...”

Written on: 10/10/2008 by larna (1 review written)

It really really works! It's easy to understand, with key points, and it's funny girls. I love this book, i'd never grow tired of reading this. A must have for all women, I have 100's of books but this is all you need. Loved it, loved it, every women and girl should own this.

“Excellent advice that really works. Wonderful book....”

Written on: 28/09/2008

Excellent advice that really works. Wonderful book. Very funny and real.

“I just wish I had read this book before I met my...”

Written on: 04/09/2008

I just wish I had read this book before I met my husband! The whole dynamic of our relationship would be so different. Slowly working on changing it though. Better late than never!

“Seriously it's working, you just have to be very...”

Written on: 25/07/2008

Seriously it's working, you just have to be very strong sometimes but that's incredible. All the men are same. Follow this book.

“I highly recommend all the good strong ladies to read...”

Written on: 03/07/2008

I highly recommend all the good strong ladies to read this book. It's like a ladies manual to a fun life! To all you Too-nice women who just want a good guy, follow these rules in this book.

“Umm...while the message isn't necessarily "bad", it is...”

Written on: 26/06/2008

Umm...while the message isn't necessarily "bad", it is weakly thought out. She refers to "men" and "human nature" but doesn't really get into actually developing what the hell she means. Also, the premise of the book is basically how to get "men" to like you. And then it proceeds to undermine itself with its advice, basically, don't show them you care. It is pretty simple minded, sort of like the advice a lot of guys get about girls in the high school locker room - from people who really don't know, but talk about girls they are not individuals.

It basically reinforces stereotypes..like, this is how men are, so this is how you need to act with "them". I think the reality is really more complicated and,at the same time, simpler. A relationship is between two individuals, so the way things go really depends on them. It is like a conversation. I think if you are cooking popcorn to make a point about power dynamics, you are already operating in an underhanded, adversarial kind of way. It doesn't have to be a power grab, but more of a friendship. I am not saying both people shouldn't be individuals and respect themselves, I am and do, and I expect whomever I date to as well.

There is something at least paradoxical about a book that says "hey! be independent" and then says, "this is what you need to cook him". Also, what is the girl supposed to say when someone breaks down the actions, and realizes that a power play is being made? "um..I read this book, so I thought I would just do what it told me to"...ok, well...now you are dumped. Also, it seems that in my experience successful relationships tend to have a lot in common, and not just intimate relationships. If my doctor or lawyer tried to make me "wonder where they were", it wouldn't last long. So, why would I find that desirable with friends or girlfriends? "Oh, she is playing mind games to make herself more desirable, wow...that is pretty lame..and..really...how insecure is she to alter her behavior like that?"

Basically, it is way to general, and, really, kind of offensive. I mean, imagine if the same book was written from a racial point of view. "when you say this, this is what a (insert race) person will be thinking, so then act like this". I mean, it is retarded. Being a guy, I can tell you, at least with me and my friends (decent, educated, professionals), we are not thinking about all this cloak and dagger crap, nor would we stand for it.

450084_Dvagrl's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2009

I find it hilarious that the one negative review of this book came from a guy. Of course you don't like it, it's too true! I haven't even finished reading this book and have already started applying some of the principles and it works like a charm. Instantaneously. Same day buddy. It's not about cloak and dagger, it's about respecting yourself, which is something that women are taught not to do. I found the one male review VERY helpful. The fact that the dude hated it is more than enough endorsement for me.

Read 1 Comment

“For any women out there that have been pegged as a...”

Written on: 12/06/2008 by mizzmindi (1 review written)

For any women out there that have been pegged as a "nice girl" this book is for you. I read this book and I saw myself in so many of the examples.... the book is dead on. A good read, take it serious.

Asked by Nicofly on 3rd September 2015 Report this content
I left my fiancé a year and half ago. I'd like us to give it another shot. I was mistrusting and jealous and feel I have turned this around. Only thing is my ex was not expecting this. He hasn't moved on and still loves me but I don't feel he is still in love with me. How can I woo him and win him back?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site