Bardsley Park Golf Centre, Manchester Reviews

• 19th Hole

Bardsley Park Golf Centre, Manchester - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bardsley Park Golf Centre, Manchester

Bardsley Park Golf Centre, Manchester

“The finest of driving ranges.”

Written on: 15/08/2020 by Ballbag1066 (1 review written)

Went today. Not sure what people are moaning about. Didn't get any hassle of the old fella. That's probably because it was shut despite the signs saying it would be open. I'm definitely going back though because just to see the clip of the owner.

“Extremely obnoxious man with no customer service skills”

Written on: 07/08/2018 by 204McMahon (1 review written)

Turned up on Sunday morning to be confronted by this “gentleman” who from the outset was just incredibly rude. I am a man of the world so appreciate that some may not have the relevant customer care skills to run a business. He had one othe r customer on the range. Suffice it to say what he said incensed me and I have to say I was totally impolite back. You reap what you sew!! I won’t be going back....ever!! It won’t be long until he is out of business or maybe he will sell up to someone who actually wants to make a success of it.

“Horrible Old Man”

Written on: 29/03/2018 by Dixon300 (1 review written)

Turned up to this driving range with 3 of my mates. We're all 26 on a nice sunny day wanting to hit some ball and the old guy with a bad attitude comes out telling us were not coming in and we should turn back round and leave cause we was having a crack in the car park. If he wasn't old the disrespect he shown would deserve a slap. Never going back the little nob

“Waste of fuel”

Written on: 06/08/2017 by xhKent1987 (1 review written)

Having been here on a number of occasions, more often than not, it is either all closed up or the guy that runs it has disappeared. Very annoying when you travel some distance. I will not be going anymore as i'm now that fed up with wasting my time & fuel! He needs to give it up to someone that actually gives a damn! I would rather travel further to a decent driving range with guaranteed access.

“Would not wast my money there again rubbish not...”

Written on: 07/07/2017 by AndresHolman463 (1 review written)

I would not spend my money at this place the old bloke is a joke .the balls are a joke says on web site 250 but when get there 350 complete rubbish need to get rid of the old bloke not welcoming at all shut it

“Don't give him your business!”

Written on: 17/05/2016

Old man with terrible attitude and poor customer service skills. First of all a friend was called 'cack-handed' as she was left handed and using a right hand club which was all we had with us as you cannot hire any clubs from him. He then complimented another friend on his swing who he'd been watching a lot and on another the ball went over the fence accidentally for which we apologised and the response we received from the old dweller was that it was his last visit here if he does again and again we apologised and explained this wasn't purposefully done and the old man said 'forget it, make it your last visit here' he also only gives you 1 token at the time because there's not enough balls because he can't be bothered and too lazy to get them from the grass but yet have another man while we were there 3 tokens in one go. The balls are also of poor standard and are all cracked and broken so the fact he lost one ball was probably of benefit to him because of the state it was in also the bay's are too small and end up hitting the pillars with your clubs. On this occasion we attended on 14/05/16 we waited outside for 20 minutes and called the phone during the opening hours stated but he's locked the door and was sat inside ignoring our calls and knocks on the door when he finally opened he said 'what do you want?' Obviously this old man doesn't want any business so I suggest no one to go. There's another better range in saddleworth and castleton

“Don't even bother”

Written on: 22/03/2016 by Kerr136 (1 review written)

Turned up yesterday morning at 9.20am to have a practice/warm up before playing. The range is supposed to open at 9.30am but was still locked up at 9.45am, at least four other cars arrived in that time and all turned round and left. Not the way to run a business!!

“Disgraceful human being ”

Written on: 16/02/2016 by Terry12.89 (1 review written)

EVER HEARD OF CUSTOMER IS KING, FAT NONCE!!!! Absolute horrible man, I have no idea who pooed in his porridge but the way he discriminates against the younger generation (especially if you wearing a hood) is awful!!!! Deffinatly a United fan.

“WORST RANGE IN THE UK”

Written on: 30/08/2015 by Deacon179 (1 review written)

Just read the reviews. It deserves to go out of business

“Good things never last!”

Written on: 08/08/2015 by Bigandaft (1 review written)

I am new to the sport and have been going to this range for about a month now I have probably been about 12 times and all has been well until today! First of all I get there and the door is locked and there is no one around then 10 minutes later he turns up. So I get my clubs as your not allowed bags on the range and go in and ask for 3 buckets between 2 of us which he moans about "mustn't want my money" then we go on the range and take it in turns hitting 10 balls and watching each other to comment on swing etc, the guy who was moaning about is having 3 buckets then walks past stops at our bay and asks us what do we think we are doing we've got a bucket of balls left and apparently that's not acceptable as he's in a rush he literally goes mad at us and takes a bucket of balls off us and then throws me my money back this is at 1500 hrs and the range doesn't shut til 1600! I won't be going again this scruffy old decrepid rude man did well not to get a slap the amount of custom he must lose for the range absolutely unacceptable will not be recommending this place and will be telling everyone about how unprofessional this manager or what ever he is acts!

“disgrace in everyway”

Written on: 16/06/2015 by Petersonku60 (1 review written)

Living local to barsley and with no other range close I went there with 2 friends to home our skills, the owner was serving on the till and informed us that we could only have 1 bucket of balls each as he was short of balls, great start I thought. When we got to our bays the condition of the mats and balls were poor, there is no room be careful not to hit the wall or stantions. This is not the best bit I walked past the front of the bay to the next bay to give my friend a club and brushed against the wall and 3 bricks fell off. A lady walking past said I've done that a few times!! All in all how this range is still open can only be down for lack of options if American golf opened up in Ashton this guy will be closed in a few weeks he is arrogant with no value of customer service. Opening times are poor during the week just a really bad experience all round. Makes me wanna win the lottery and open up a range just to wipe the smug smile from his face because he knows you have no other options locally.

“Disgrace, outdated, poor and the service is abysmal”

Written on: 02/04/2014 by 252Torres (1 review written)

Nothing to like the bays and mats are a disgrace, the so called manager/owner has no concept of customer relations he is arrogant and rude how this place stays open is beyond me. If you need to practice then don't practice here.

“poor equipment”

Written on: 10/01/2014 by chrisnmeg (2 reviews written)

While taking my nephew to the driving range I paid for 2 buckets each and found that the balls were not up to much as most of them were damaged with over use , so to say that I paid £14 I really expected better.The range needs a bit of upgrading to bring it up to scratch.

“Terrible customer service!”

Written on: 24/06/2013

I went to Bardsley driving range today after many years not playing golf and recently having joined a golf club. I thought I'd go to sharpen up my driving accuracy. I was hitting the ball well and all of a sudden a voice from behind said 'that went over the fence didnt it' I replied I'm not sure to the man who was the same guy who served me for my tokens. His witty retort was 'clever, very clever'. I brushed it off and finished my session. I was then greeted by the same man as i was leaving who told me 'don't come back here again fella' in a very sharp manor. This annoyed me and my reply was to lose his attitude. I think this is very poor customer relations he could have been much more polite and after all it doesn't say anywhere at the range not to hit your driver guess he's just happy with people who pay to get better but don't actually get anywhere. Anyway I will not be going there again and to top it off I scuffed my driver on the bay as they are too small so beware of your golf clubs if you decide to attend.

Chris_Walsh's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2013

I had a similar experience, he accused me of hitting the balls over the fence on purpose. He's been rude to friends of mine too. I won't be going back there any time soon.

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible Customer Service!”

Written on: 19/08/2012 by Samibwoi (1 review written)

I went there early today with 3 other friends, the moment I went in the old man at in the reception area asked me what am I doing here? I replied I have come to use the driving range (pretty obvious). Anyways after that he was very reluctant to let me hire a club. (this is where I was getting annoyed). So he finally let me hire a Driver. He was very rude an wouldn't say thank you or please! I just ignored him and thought probably he is just weird! So now my 3 other friends asked to hire clubs and the man said "I am not going to serve you lot, I don't want business off you". We asked why he said he doesn't need to give a reason so I asked for my money back as it no use me playing on my own. He mist have problem with coloured people? We didnt bother arguing so we left and I would not recommend going there as the customer service is awful and that man needs to learn some manners. I know review sounds really bad by its the honest truth and before you try this place please plan an alternative like we did.

“As far as golf driving ranges go, Bardsley Park is...”

Written on: 20/11/2008 by indecisive (91 reviews written)

As far as golf driving ranges go, Bardsley Park is average. Its got 16 bays, which I found to be a bit too small, I was very wary of my clubs hitting pillars in between bays.
The golf balls are of a decent standard and 50 balls cost £3.50 which isnt too bad, but for that price i would expect a bit more form the range.
There are targerts, greens to aim for and netts to try and hit which is good but the driving range in general looks llike it needs a bit of an update. The range needed a bit of a trim and a tidy up as well.
Admittedly it is winter so wont be busy, may be this could be the reason why it looked slightly overgrown but I expected more.
Bardsley park driving range is quite well hidden aswell, this will not help then therefore you would think that they would have more to offer to entice customers.

“I have been using the driving range at Bardsley for a...”

Written on: 20/11/2008 by mike (1 review written)

I have been using the driving range at Bardsley for a number of years now and find it quite good. Personally it could do better, maybe a bunker to practice out of or opportunities to hit off the grass rather than the rubber mats. Things have moved on but sadly the driving range hasn't. It is a little restricted because it is near to local residents but I am sure it could do better. Maybe a bit more of an investment would help.