Cirque Du Soleil : Quidam Reviews

2.0

Cirque Du Soleil : Quidam - Ask a question now

“This is the third year in a row that we have been to...”

written by on 02/02/2009

This is the third year in a row that we have been to Cirque Du Soleil and each year previously we have spent the journey home wowing about the show - every element from the costumes, the music and acts - all of which worked together to make an amazing theatrical show. Well, I'm afraid last night we left hugely disappointed - we felt it was a let down. In my opinion this show couldn't be compared to the last two - the acts seemed to be mostly too similar. I found the audience participation sections seem to be filling up time and the costumes - well, none of the flamboyancey we have come to expect. The best act was probably first and apart from the muscular couple who did amazing balancing with their bodies it didn't really get going from there. Certainly not worth the increase in ticket price to £70. Very, very disappointed.

“A very disappointing show. Most of the speciality...”

written by john boon on 01/02/2009

A very disappointing show. Most of the speciality acts, such as juggling and aerial acrobatics, were the sort of thing that was common fare in variety theatre and TV years ago. The posturing of the rest of the cast, most of whom seemed to be wearing boiler suits, was irrelevant and unentertaining.

Added to which the price of the programme, at £12, and the rest of the Cirque du Soleil merchandise, was outrageous.

“I have just got back from watching the show at The...”

written by on 12/01/2009

I have just got back from watching the show at The Royal Albert Hall and have to say that I came out a little disapointed. This show lacked the normal wow facter that I have come to expect from the company.
In Previous Cirques that I have attended each act surpasses the one before and the show finale quite literally will take your breath away. Unfortunately this one did not acheive the same impact.