Heathrow, VIP Heathrow Meet & Greet Reviews

Heathrow, VIP Heathrow Meet & Greet

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Unprofessional - Untrustworthy”

Written on: 06/11/2018 by Giovanni21 (1 review written)

After a 1 night trip on business I returned to collect my vehicle to find that it had been covered in dirt splatters from the tyres after only recently getting it cleaned. There had been no wet weather or "bad road conditions" as claimed by the company who wipe their hands of the issue. not to mention the incredibly rude parking attendant whom returned the vehicle to me. Swearing at me because I would not sign the return paper work due to the fact I was not able to agree that the condition of… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/11/2018

VIP Heathrow- Customer Care: As an 'Off-airport' meet and greet parking provider, we have to use public roads to carry out this service (reflected in the price). 'On-Airport' meet & greet companies charge significantly more and clearly in hindsight, 'On-Airport' parking would have been the better choice for this particular customer so his car would not have left Heathrow.
Our drivers take all due care when carrying out the service but we cannot control muddy surface water being splashed up unfortunately. This customer was very aggressive towards the VIP driver on date of return, which we cannot condone. This customer was also preventing the driver attending to other customers. Contrary to this customer's version of events, our driver did not swear at the customer.
All cars are taken away directly to be parked to be stored in our secure off-airport car park facility which has 'Park Mark'. VIP only employs experienced, competent drivers and there is no 'mistreatment' of customer cars. VIP has been established since 2004 and is a professional, reputable company, trusted by thousands every year- reflected by the majority of the independent customer reviews for VIP on this website.

Read 1 Comment

“Poor service and customer care”

Written on: 19/03/2018

Having booked with this company for many years, we were very disappointed to be told at the very last minute before our holiday that they no longer collect at Crowne Plaza. They did not inform us of this and it was pure chance because of a revised flight time that we discovered their change of operation. When I contacted them they argued that we should have known as they had withdrawn the service last year! He then proceeded to try and justify their lack of customer care as though it was my… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2018

VIP Customer Care Team: ours is a 'self service website'. This customer obviously went on our website as usual to book what they normally book- but couldn't find that particular option (as it had been discontinued and therefore removed), so they just booked something else?! (a parking only service) and then to make things worse they did not even read the paperwork which is automatically sent after the customer had made the booking on-line. If the customer had read that vital paperwork, it would have been clear to the customer right away that this was not the hotel-based service that they wanted. We tried to explain all of this when the customer finally took the time to have a telephone conversation with us but we were accused of being somehow rude. We refunded the customer immediately with no quibble, as clearly they had made a mistake making this booking. We tried to be as helpful as possible given the circumstances but this customer seemed enraged that we had discontinued the hotel & parking service she wanted.

Read 1 Comment

“Very Ignorant People parking ”

Written on: 20/08/2017 by DH2017 (1 review written)

Booked for the drop of at Heathrow and pick up at Gatwick service as they were the only ones I could find which offered it easy enough to book. Drop off was fine, where he said he'd be and very painless indeed. On return I called when landed as instructed and even through I gave the number plate the guy on the end of a mobile seemed unclear which car and where but eventually got to it and asked I called once luggage collected. Called once luggage collected and got the classic 'he's on way'… Read Full Review

Customerservicevipheathrow's Response to DH2017's Review

Written on: 14/09/2017

We have tried to be helpful with this customer but unfortunately he booked the wrong service online. He failed to book the optional service upgrade which would have given him the flexibility / responsiveness it turned out he required.

He then did not read his Booking Confirmation paperwork, because if he had, he would have been able to add that optional extra to the standard service originally booked before he travelled.

Upon return, when he’d landed an hour earlier than scheduled, he then unduly pressurized / hounded our Operations Team (who were extremely busy given the peak travel period) to return the car early from our secure Heathrow car-park. He also did not follow our instructions so breaking contact with our operations team.

The customer received his car within the stipulated service parameters he booked/paid for. He seems surprised that his car was stored at our secure Heathrow car-park but that is where we are based.........

It is very unfortunate when customers choose the wrong service from our ‘self service menu’ online and do not read what they have booked. As per most meet & greet operators, we also ask for customers to refrain from leaving items of value or loose items inside the vehicle, because at these value service price levels we cannot accept responsibility for such items given the frenetic nature of this industry. This customer nevertheless left a car charger behind, later complaining that it was not there when it must have fallen out. VIP Customer Care.

“WHY ASK FOR FEEDBACK!”

Written on: 10/06/2016 by Lisaj245 (1 review written)

AWFUL SERVICE... Drivers turn up looking like they haven't slept. Was left waiting for 20 mins for car, even though all procedure as per there email had been followed. Emailed feedback, and they refused to take any responsibility, even trying to say that I lied!! DO NOT USE. I complete at least 3 business trips a month, and would never use this service again. Booked as part of a Crowne plaza stay, so had no choice… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2016

VIP Customer Care – We are sorry to read that this customer was not happy with their recent use of our services. VIP usually achieves high customer satisfaction levels providing customers have chosen the best service option for their needs and have made the required calls at the stipulated times. This particular customer chose not to pay to upgrade to our FLEXI service which was offered to them before they travelled (during a peak period). That upgrade means minimal waiting should the flight land early/later than scheduled. The flight then landed later than scheduled- which is then subject to our availability and the customer may experience a short wait as they are then placed in a queue system (as no FLEXI upgrade had been booked).

Contrary to what this customer says in their review, to further compound matters, they unfortunately then also did not correctly follow the procedures, as the landing call was unfortunately made before actually disembarking the plane. As per their booking confirmation paperwork, we require this call to be made once they have physically exited the plane, not while they are still on it.

We cannot agree with the comment this customer made regarding the appearance of our drivers and I am sure our loyal customers who regularly use our parking services would also not agree with that particular comment. This customer was met at 4 o’clock in the afternoon.

We take customer feedback seriously and take time to investigate what went wrong so we can identify if we need to improve our procedures/staff in any way. However, this customer is adamant that they received bad customer care, when we merely investigated what happened upon their return and fed-back our findings to them so they would know how to receive the best service if they used VIP in the future. The VIP Customer Care Team has tried to be helpful and do a thorough job for this customer by investigating their complaint which has unfortunately been misinterpreted by the customer which is a shame and not the result we were hoping for obviously.

Read 1 Comment

“Careless and bad customer service”

Written on: 08/02/2016 by Asd999 (1 review written)

Do not use them. There were two obviously new scratches on the car when we collected it. When we complained some guy, kept on saying read our Ts and Cs like it was some kind of get out clause for anything that happens to your car. His correspondence was also rude and condescending. If you care about your car don't leave it with them… Read Full Review

Customerservicevipheathrow's Response to Asd999's Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

VIP Customer Care: As per all meet & greet companies, our insurance is what's known as a 'car jockey policy', in place to cover any damage incurred whilst we drive the customer cars to and from the airport. Whilst cars are parked at our long-stay Park Mark approved site, it is agreed that the customer’s own car insurance would be in place to cover any other risks. We often need to utilize the airport’s short-stay car park when returning a customer’s vehicle. When this customer booked with us, he specifically authorized us to park his vehicle in the short stay car park, unattended if required, and also agreed that we would not be responsible if any damage was caused whilst there. When the vehicle suffered damage through no fault of VIP, he then changed his mind and claimed that we were responsible. The damage caused was quite clearly not accident damage and, accordingly, is covered on the customer’s own insurance which he had agreed to. We do also restate the position as regards damage in the handover paperwork that the customer signed when he departed from Heathrow. If damage was ever caused at the fault of one of our drivers then as a long established company we would have been happy to get that rectified in accordance with our terms and conditions. We do not accept that we are 'careless' or gave this particular person bad customer service with his complaint. We tried politely to explain our policy and its limitations which the customer had already agreed to but clearly he did not wish to honour the arrangement. Despite our offer to come to an amicable goodwill arrangement he was unfortunately unwilling to resolve the matter reasonably.

Iwantthetruth's Response to Asd999's Review

Written on: 05/03/2016

It's funny, they expect you to work within their Ts & Cs, yet the appear to struggle to do so themselves.

And "His correspondence was also rude and condescending" - absolutely spot on. Paints the perfect picture of the tone and tenor of the emails I received from their MD.

Asd999's reply to Iwantthetruth's Comment

Written on: 06/03/2016

Indeed, I especially like the comment he makes 'clearly he did not wish to honour our agreement'. If it wasn't so annoying I'd be Splitting my sides. So... To get this straight if you give your car to this bloke, his company scratch it twice while delivering it back and you complain this 1) makes you unreasonable and 2) means you are not honouring the agreement.he really should be ashamed of himself

Read 3 Comments

“Disappointed - no responsibility taken for damage to car”

Written on: 29/11/2013 by JDNEWELL (1 review written)

VIP Meet & Greet, Heathrow Termianl 4, Nov 13 They collected car all intact, piece of body work missing when returned - reply I got is below ....... more less saying tough and implying it may have missing in the first place. (the car was also filthy unlike when it was collected) Just because you believe the item was there when you left does not automatically mean we are responsible if it is not there when you come back. We have to have sensible rules in place to bring our service to you… Read Full Review

Vipheathrow's Response to JDNEWELL's Review

Written on: 05/12/2013

Saddened by this review as we had tried to be helpful searching our compound to no avail for the missing 2" bit of trim that must have come loose when in transit. We got no thanks from this customer just abuse and this review. We cannot take responsibility for loose parts which fall off e.g. hub caps / bits of loose trim when we drive the car to and from the airport- our Terms and conditions are very clear in that regard. This customer had not paid for a clean and we had to drive in bad weather conditions. We treat customers fairly and expect to be treated as such in return- VIP Customer Care Team.

“Every panel keyed”

Written on: 19/09/2013

Left my Merc with these guys. They returned my car vandalised; every panel has been keyed causing thousands of pounds worth of damage. Their attitude in dealing with the problem has been appalling… Read Full Review

Vipheathrow's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

As part of the customer care team at VIP I just wanted to comment on this post. We take every due care in regards to security as a responsible company which has been operating at Heathrow for 9 years. This was an isolated incident of vandalism which no company can 100% protect against. We understand that instances such as this can be very distressing for the customer involved. We dealt with this very unfortunate matter in accordance with our terms and conditions trying to remain on good terms during the process but despite our best efforts this customer was simply not prepared to deal with us reasonably.
We rarely get complaints or issues thankfully and if a problem does arise, 99% of the time we resolve things amicably- testament is that every week 80% of our bookings come from customers who have used us before or who have been recommended to us.

Read 1 Comment

“VIP MEET and GREET are CRAP!!!”

Written on: 31/03/2013

I shall never use this company again. Their attitude is extremely rude and unhelpful. Our plane arrived 35minutes early at 21 35 instead of 22.10 with a collection time organised by VIP of 22.55. I called the company on landing and again when we had our luggage. We arrived at the meeting place about 22.00. We had been told that the car would be about 20minutes. At 22.25 no car. I called again. This time we were told the car would be another 15 minutes. After this time had lapsed I called… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/11/2015

I remember this lady very well. She was so extremely abusive to three members of our staff that they called me at home late one evening and asked me to speak with her. She was exactly the same with me. Despite the fact she had not booked a priority service, she demanded this and would not take “No” for an answer. When she said she would not use us again, I was very happy indeed to say “good, I hope not” as we simply cannot have people behaving in this way and holding up operations for other customers. I have a responsibility as managing director for the health and welfare of our staff and reacted to protect them. As a company we also have a responsibility to honour the arrangements of thos customers who are on time and with whom this lady’s early arrival clashed. It was clear to me that this lady had not read her paperwork.

Read 1 Comment

“VIP parking Heathrow returns my car with substantial...”

Written on: 06/11/2011

VIP Meet and Greet service returned my car with damage to the rear and 2 side windows. The windows had hundreds of marks which my garage attributed to welding splatter. Basically the windows had been melted, indicating that my car had been parked at a place where welding takes place.Their response to me was aggressive and intimidating.Their terms and conditions are written such that they do not accept liability for damage to your vehicle. I have had no offer of compensation or replacement of my… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2011

This customer made completely unfounded and spurious claims about us which have no foundation whatsoever. Having claimed 8 DAYS AFTER TAKING THEIR CAR FROM US that we had damaged its windows (as with any company claims have to be made at the time of collection), we politely advised that damage to glass in vehicles is, in any event, not covered in the contract. We heard no more for nearly a month until on 2 September (the day after a Watchdog programme about a company abusing customers’ vehicles) we received an email which claimed that “my car was not kept in 'safe in secure' parking and that at some point it was taken to a site or garage where someone decided to do some welding next to it! As such I am accusing your company of gross negligence and your get out clause does not apply. Moreover, when we dropped the car off, at no point was your contract clause of 'no liability' pointed out to us”.
....Moreover, I watched a programme with respect to similar off airport parking abuse on BBC Watchdog last night and will be sending the details of my case to them. I will also be referring the matter to a contact at Trading Standards. Let me make it clear that if your company does not settle this matter, I fully intend to seek compensation through the small claims system.
The “contract clause” referred to was agreed by them when they made their booking. These allegations were so serious we felt that in order to defend our position, we should invite their representative whether it be Watchdog, Trading Standards, their solicitor, etc. to visit our premises to see that we were a completely reputable company and that these allegations were completely without foundation.
As we keep a daily log of all vehicles in our compound, and where they are situated, we could prove categorically that their vehicle had been in one place in our compound throughout its time with us but they did not want to know and our offer of meeting their representative was declined. They the accused us of not cooperating with the investigation.
After continuing to submit the most threatening and abusive of emails to us, they then had the audacity to claim that WE were being aggressive when we defended our position. Their threats were so outrageous that we had no choice than to firmly advise the customer that such allegations were libellous. They made openly false claims about the legalities of the matter in a clear attempt to pressurise us into paying their unfounded claim.
Only by reading the full emails we exchanged can any reasonable person gain a full appreciation of the real nature of their claims and behaviour and that they are indefensible and completely without foundation.

Read 1 Comment

“Regarding V.I.P. meet and greet at Heathrow. ”

Written on: 07/01/2011 by JudeTheRude (1 review written)

Regarding V.I.P. meet and greet at Heathrow.

I also wish I'd read the reviews before I booked.

They were happy to book me in and happy to take the dosh. However, on travelling to Heathrow, as planned, on Sunday 19th December, in the snowy period, and on calling them on my mobile half an hour before our arrival at Heathrow, I was told that none of the drivers had turned up for work because of the weather and that the man himself on the phone had taken a very long time to do his normal home to… Read Full Review

“Wish I had read the reviews before I booked VIP...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

Wish I had read the reviews before I booked VIP Parking. I chose VIP as they were very reasonably priced, I use valet parking quite regularly from other airports and this company is by far the worst I have ever used. Waited 15 mins (and 3 phone calls) for the driver at the drop off point specified in the instructions, when I handed the key over he told us it was because we had stopped at the wrong end of the drop off point! Wouldn't have minded but we had actually driven right past him, it was… Read Full Review

“Northern man on the phone i couldnt understand at...”

Written on: 20/11/2009

Northern man on the phone i couldnt understand at all.But the car was picked up on time.

On the return we landed 1hour early and was told to wait til our appointment time , meaning we had to wait in the cold for a 1hour 45mins with kids.
So not to pleased.Dont think me+my family will use again… Read Full Review