Sweatband.com Reviews - www.sweatband.com

Sweatband.com www.sweatband.com - Ask a question now

“£274.63 and nothing to show for it”

Written on: 22/08/2022 by Braggnf1984 (1 review written)

Ordered an exercise bike which was delivered promptly, unfortunately it developed a fault. It took 8 emails to finally get a returns number. Sent the item back to the address I was given in Yorkshire which I had to pay for. Sweatband are claiming they have not received it despite sending them proof of delivery and have not replied to this which I sent a week ago. Would not recommend this business.

“DO NOT BUY A TREADMILL FROM THIS COMPANY ”

Written on: 01/02/2021 by Em0149 (1 review written)

BEWARE!! Do not purchase a treadmill from the company. First treadmill purchased in August 2020. Worked fine for a few weeks until just stopped working one day. Problem with the alignment of the running deck. Next treadmill delivered Oct 2020. Worked fine for a few months until just stopped working. Sweatband are now saying treadmill cannot be kept in garage and must be moved inside, saying that the user manual indicates the treadmill should not be kept in a garage. Interesting no where on Sweatband's guide to buying a treadmill does it tell you some treadmills cannot be kept in a garage, nor does it confirm this in the product description, nor does the website direct you to check the user manual before purchase. Sweatband and manufacturer now indicating warranty will be void unless we move treadmill inside which we have no space in the house to do so. This company seeks to avoid their duties under the consumer rights act 2015. We have purchased a treadmill which was not cheap and now in less than 6 months we have had 2 faulty treadmills. Going round in circles trying to communicate with them and appears legal proceedings will be the only option. Extremely disappointing.....

“Awful”

Written on: 23/12/2019 by zxLyon444 (1 review written)

Sweatband takes money for items not in stock. Then sits on order for weeks without sending an update, ignoring the customer. Charges premium rate to inquire, then tells customer that it is the customer's fault for not realising that it is advertising items that it has not got and probably never had Rude, inefficient, useless. Christmas ruined! Dont order from Sweatband

“Didn’t arrive. Didn’t tell us. Don’t care.”

Written on: 23/05/2018 by PhoenixLockhart (1 review written)

Sweatband are rubbish. Seriously, I’ve nothing good to say about the purchase, I’d better stop.

“Timewasters”

Written on: 09/06/2017 by McCulloch257 (1 review written)

Ordered trainers on Monday, found out they had no stock afterwards, then on Friday had an email saying they couldn't get hold of my order because the model was 'discontinued' - which it isn't (and the next model isn't released for 6 months). They also said they left a message on a number I never gave them. Unprofessional and pretty much useless.

“Return of Defective Products”

Written on: 13/02/2017 by Evan10 (1 review written)

Purchased a pair of Salming squash shoes, had my first game within a week of receiving them and the sole already started to pull away from the upper. Sweatband insist that I send them back for inspection before they issue a replacement even though I provided a detailed photo of the defect. Terrible policy as the only one who is being put out by this is me THE CUSTOMER!!!, I have matches to play this week with no shoes to play in. I would have understood if I purchased the shoes months ago but they were just delivered. Also, were stated as In Stock on the site and after I placed the order was advised not in stock and had to wait over a week for them to be delivered. All in all, not impressed and would recommend a different brand as Salming is taking no responsibility and will definitely be my last purchase from Sweatband.

“Appalling company”

Written on: 02/08/2016 by Cyrus192 (1 review written)

Ordered a NordicTrack treadmill. 1) Waited in all day for delivery. Told 9am turned up 2pm 2) Installation very fast but....not done properly wires hanging out, squeaks and glitches. 3) Another 'technician' comes and inspects, says parts missing complete incorrect installation 4) Told missing parts cannot be found or ordered and refund would be given once collected 5) Took day off and waited for collection...chased and told they would not be coming for another 7 days????? 6) Still waiting for response from Sweatband... AVOID AVOID AVOID...

“Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by Hullww441 (1 review written)

I ordered a Nordic Track treadmill from Sweatband. It did not work. Their favourite term is ASAP which means they manage to get you beyond their 14 day moneyback scheme. We were then bounced between their supplier ICON who are equally as poor at customer service. It is particularly difficult when it is a heavy piece of equipment . Apparently you are not allowed to return it after 14 days and even if you were naïve to believe them on their ASAP and managed the request within the 14 days it appears they state a very high cost for the return. I thought that there would be protection having bought it through Amazon but that does not appear to be the case either. There appears to be other complaints of a similar nature on the net.

“wrong info on website and on phone, really bad service ”

Written on: 24/11/2015 by 409Fitzgerald (1 review written)

I have ordered badminton racket, at the time of order it said will be delivered with in 2-5 working days, then after couple of days it said between 2-7 working days, I have rung and confirmed that it will be delivered with 2-7 working days, but next morning it said new stock and stock will arrive in 2 weeks, really disappointed do not trust them their website does not tell the correct information, do not trust their products either, just a waste of time, eventually all these lies I just manage to cancel my order.

“When is a Fault not a Fault? With Sweatband of course.”

Written on: 08/06/2015 by robertferguson (1 review written)

August; Got Kettler Axos P --Good price. Faulty Pedal thread - fixed. I thought the resistance was too low but was persuaded by Sweatband it was not a fault as I am big and very strong. The resistance tailed off to 0. I had the bike replaced by Kettler. Resistance good which made me realize 1st bike was totally faulty BUT the pulse meter was reading high even with no-one on the bike. I reported this to Sweatband who replied that THIS WAS NOT A FAULT as it was not apiece of medical equipment. (True but a corpse would register a pulse in their world.) I phoned Kettler myself and they are replacing the FAULTY handlebar with sensor. Summary:- Beware Sweatband Beware Kettler (3 major faults)

“ordered a item and did not say it was out of stock.”

Written on: 06/04/2015 by 443Wentworth (1 review written)

I puchased the yonex 9326b pro 6 racket bag, then I wondered why it didn't arrive with in the estimate delivery time 2-3 working days so I looked on the recipt on my emails and at the bottom was the tracker, it said awaiting for new stock expected 7-10 days. Was not aware of this when purchasing and didn't say that the item was out of stock and I also did not receive an email or phone call to tell me it was out of stock like it was suppose to. Still awaiting for item that I ordered on the 25th of March which was 12 days ago. Would like a refund but have to wait long time to get the refund.

“DO NOT BELIEVE SWEATBANDS "PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE" !!!”

Written on: 03/02/2015 by BLUEBIRD1927 (1 review written)

I was looking to purchase a home gym and did the usual internet search. Sweatband had the home gym i was interested in at a price of £259.99 including a free mat. Subsequently, i found the same home gym for sale on Tesco's website for £220.00 and on Beny Sports website for £189.99. As Sweatband advertise a price match guarantee and i wanted a "mat" to put the home gym on, i contacted Sweatband to see if i could purchase the item from them.I was told that they could not match the price quoted by Beny Sports and suggested i buy the item from them !!! They obviously do not offer a "PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE" and have no interest in helping a potential customer ?

“Do not ise”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Sadiq1 (1 review written)

I recently purchased the adidas power tower. I have just opened the box To assemble it. There were 2 screws missing fitted and a washer missing. I am very disappointed as now it has to be left half assembled.

“Tennis Rackets ”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by THEAKSTON (1 review written)

Do not order from them - they take your money without having the goods in stock and don't bother contacting you.

“1st Class service, couldnt be better”

Written on: 13/01/2014 by mikecymru (1 review written)

I have recently purchased a cross trainer from Sweatband, I'd shopped around and they were by far the cheapest I could get, coupled with a £25 voucher code and 5% cashback through Quidco, I had a really good deal. After placing my order i noticed the poor reviews on this website (Panic!!),But my experience was the complete oppposite. They confirmed my order within 24hours by email, (Tuesday), I called them a day later, extremely pleasant and helpful chap arranged my delivery for the saturday (amazed...Saturday deliveries are rare in my experience) I then got a confirmation email, a text the night before confirming a 4 hour delivery slot. The delivery company called me 10mins before arrival. They delivered as promised, and even carried the box upstairs - Its was very heavy. All in all a first class, and a rewarding shopping experience. Well Done Sweatband!

“Poor aftersales care and delivery”

Written on: 20/12/2013

Item agreed to be delivered 3 days after purchase. Received message the night before that the courier had forgotten to put it on the van. Agreed delivery the next day. Received message that item would arrive between 7 and 10:30, it didn't. rang sweatband - was told the courier had forgotten to put it on the van. Expressed my disappointment at having to miss two days of work, and asked them to ring me back to tell me when it would be delivered. They didn't. Rang again and was told nonchalantly by agent that he didn't have much confidence that it would be delivered on Monday (- ast day before xmas. I asked him to ring me back to confirm. he didn't. Would never use this sweatband again, lack of interest or care shows why sweatband get such poor reviews. Buyer beware

“poor service, poor communication”

Written on: 18/12/2013

Due to multiple problems with their parcel carrier (City - link) the goods dispatched on 09/12/2013 never arrived. Numerous telephone calls to City- link did not get me anywhere I therefore emailed and telephoned Sweatband for help. I was promised that someone from Sweatband would call... but they never did. Goods now back at Sweatband 18/12/2013) .... and I am now waiting for a refund. Lets hope Sweatband are more efficient at this and I do not have to contact my credit card company to get my money back.

“PERFECT”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by alphasports (1 review written)

My second order, very happy with my item, arrived quickly earlier than anticipated! Would highly recommend this company. P.S Although I did not need any customer service, on my previous order I was well looked after by the team.

“Order elsewhere - complete lack of customer service!”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by TheJeff (1 review written)

I ordered items on Monday 7th October 2013. The website states that most deliveries are made within 2-3 working days. Anyway, I am still waiting. I have tried emailing them - no response. Don't bother trying to ring them as they don't answer their phones. I just wish that I had read some of the reviews about them on this site and others as I would never in a million years have ordered from them. If you read this, don't waste your time. You will save yourself a lot of hassle by ordering elsewhere. I have no idea when my items will be ordered, if at all or what's going to happen about my money.

“Having to go to court”

Written on: 02/08/2013

I'm in the process of taking them to court over a product that broke after very light use, was replaced, then the replacement lasted 2 weeks. Citizens advice and Trading standards have both stated they should refund me but now they are not responding to my emails. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY