Anytime Fitness Reviews - www.anytimefitness.co.uk

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

Anytime Fitness www.anytimefitness.co.uk

“Harassment by collection agency even though on bills...”

Written on: 15/07/2022 by siaraeng (1 review written)

I was a foreign student availing services at Hounslow Anytimefitness Membership #AHON27917 from September 2021 onwards. I cleared all my dues in July, 2022. However, their appointed agency AYOM is harassing me. I have sent mails to both Anytimefitness and AYOM. However they do not take any cognisance. Thank you. 30/06/2022 RECEIPT # 120083  *** PAYMENT THANKYOU*** (AHON27917) OPENING BALANCE (Cr) 0.00 DD Arrears Payment 111.00 Paid by Visa  111.00 CLOSING BALANCE (Cr) 111.00 TAX ANALYSIS RATE 20.00% AMOUNT 18.50  COMPLETED

“Very disrespectful and disgusting ”

Written on: 08/06/2022 by Adriel81 (1 review written)

The gym is very small... Not for People that love fitness. Equipment very basic. The toilets are always blocked. There toilets are not clean there have faeces still in the toilet, pubic hairs every where around toilets Equipment broken and not fix for weeks. Music is beyond loud. It's based on a fob system where members will allow none members to come in and use the gym.which can be very sacry at night where no Staff. It also happens when Staff are there and Staff will not do anything about it except make silly ticktock videos to take the mick Of there paying members and non paying members which I find very disrespectful. As other gym don't behave like this. They have no first aid equipment which accessible. As ask before for a ice pack and they never had none available which I find is absolutely unacceptable. Staff always on there phone. Or using the hair dryer hair straighteners to do there hair which is disgusting as it's for paying members. They are many other gyms that are cheaper and more reliable staff out there. As anytime fitness is not worth a penny .

“Smelly and crappy gym (Newbury Bershire)”

Written on: 21/03/2022 by MiracleMyrick (1 review written)

Very smelly gym at Newbury. The changing rooms are constantly dirty, it seems like nobody cleans the toilets, the staff needs to do better.

“Poor management”

Written on: 01/12/2021 by FernandoGeorge (1 review written)

Leyton High Road Horrible management. The machines are "under maintenance" for months, the management doesn't give any reply to customers. Badly maintained machines and not to good quality as most were rusty. The staff need to get themselves educated in customer management and friendly service. And so does the manager "Mrs. Ayesha" who is unreliable very rude and unprofessional.

“Avoid this gym group at all costs”

Written on: 23/09/2021 by ssmyth14 (1 review written)

We signed up for the Anytime fitness gym in Leeds but highly recommend you avoid the entire group. Compared with their competitors, the gym has less equipment and it was not very well maintained. Anytime Fitness also allow 3rd party suppliers to try and sell things such as supplements to their customers while you are trying to work out which is simply annoying. But more than this, their customer service is awful and they ask you to sign-up for a restrictive 12 month contract. They double charged me for my first months fee and it took over 1 month and lots of chasing to receive a refund. Unlike other gyms, they also have a Customer retention team which indicates some of the problems they are facing, the team are very unhelpful. Overall, groups like Puregym are cheaper, more flexible and have better equipment. Anytime fitness appears to be a grubby, cash focused small business and I was really happy to pay the early termination fee to go elsewhere (they wouldn't let me cancel otherwise even although I moved back to Scotland!).

“Personal Data Concern”

Written on: 12/06/2021 by HindyE (1 review written)

Ladbroke Grove Branch I am an ex member of the gym who was treated terribly by both the gym manager and the CEO’s partner and “Incident Manager”. Having attended my first gym session last year, the manager called me on my mobile 10 minutes after I had left the gym, offering to work out together the next day. As a woman I felt inclined to be polite and thought he was a PT selling sessions. He asked if he could text me on my number and I agreed, assuming he would be using Anytime’s contact tool to do so. To my surprise he began texting me from his personal number. I replied straight away and told him I did not want PT sessions. He replied “lol I am not a PT, I am the manager.” At this point I was very uncomfortable that this individual used the personal data I had shared in confidence with the gym to send me unsolicited messages from his personal device. I did not attend the gym again for months. In April 2021 I returned to find him constantly hovering around, which made me very uncomfortable. On one occasion he came to the basement floor where I had been working out with my female friend in the weights section, we were the only females there, and he suggested that we use equipment elsewhere in the gym. This shocked me as he did not suggest the same to the 5 male members working out around us. I issued a formal complaint on the website which the incident manager responded to and we arranged a call to discuss the incident. I was assured that his behaviour was not gym protocol and promised to follow up with me after the call. 2 weeks later, I had not heard back from the incident manager, and had been attending the gym as usual, with a heightened sense of anxiety and discomfort ( with the manager still present). I felt extremely uncomfortable, unsafe and very much aware of the cameras in the gym, scared to workout infront of them incase he was watching me. This is how I felt after what was a predatory action by him initially taking my number from the database. I followed up with the incident manager via email two times asking for an update and received no response. I shared this issue with my close male friend who felt very protective of me having seen how uncomfortable this had made me. He decided to come in to speak to the manager face to face, which was a tense conversation however, the two other staff members there shared with me and my acquaintance that we had done the right thing by challenging him directly and especially since the incident manager did not respond to any follow up emails. This week I received a threatening email, which terminated my membership, with no follow up nor conclusion on the complaint I had made. I was threatened by the incident manager whereby she advised they had camera and audio footage of the incident and would take it to the police if anything further transpired . I was offered no apology, no follow up, and no conclusion to their investigation - just a termination of my contract. This is deeply upsetting since I was treated with such little care having been a member of this establishment. I am extremely worried for the safety of other women and would strongly advise to stay clear of both Anytime, the manager and incident manager who demonstrated poor professionalism, predatory behaviour, lack of GDPR compliance and zero empathy.

“Locks Heath Anytime Fitness ”

Written on: 08/06/2021 by Ross66 (1 review written)

Locks Heath Anytime fitness. Avoid. My daughter just turned 16, tried gym was not for her. They said once you use gym once trial period is void and you owe 12 months membership. Nothing explained. They stand you up getting you to sign on a tablet, the only thing they wanted to check was our bank details. Immediately threatened with bailiffs if we dont pay the 12 months. Immoral service. Local branch keeps blaming head office saying they wont accept anything less. Never showed my daughter how the equipment works, no health and safety just after your money for nothing

“No more AnytimeFitness Felixstowe ”

Written on: 05/11/2020 by tiPoole1968 (1 review written)

I give him notice after one year contract and i received cancellation confirmation membership from him ,was ok ,but after 3 months start taking payment from my account, i can't believe, i did claim no answers i had talk to staff was no way to give my money back, please avoid like this company.

“I am unable to use my membership at all due to the...”

Written on: 20/09/2020 by topcat2006 (2 reviews written)

I am unable to use my membership at all due to the changes on booking and opening times. Stroud have refused to help with their staff being threatening and discriminating against me due to my disability. How do you suggest this is resolved?

“AVOID ANYTIME FITNESS AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 06/09/2020 by 323Ralston (1 review written)

AVOID Anytime Fitness at all costs! I used to be a member of Anytime Fitness in High Barnet, North London but I cancelled my membership in May 2020. I had fulfilled my 1 year contract so I sent them an email explaining I was cancelling and then cancelled my direct debit with my bank. I got a call a couple of days later from the club confirming my cancellation and I was confident that was the end of it and that I didn't owe any money to the gym. Then in Sept 2020 I get an email and a text saying that the club had tried to contact me several times (they had not) and that I still owed them £36 and now they had passed me onto a debt collector. They went onto write that I was unable to contact them or pay directly to them and all dealings were now with the debt collectors. Initially I felt bad for the gym so I paid a couple of months during lockdown but this wasn't appreciated so I cancelled because I was paying for a service I couldn't use and I didn't know when they would reopen again and then they have the audacity to pass my name onto the debt collectors!

“Keep Away!”

Written on: 01/09/2020 by FrancesMonroe75 (1 review written)

ANYTIME Fitness WITHAM - During the covid lockdown, they shutdown around 20th March. they did not give members pro-rata refund as they put it, it'll cost them about £10k instead, they asked members to pay £10 per month to keep their services going. This act was unlawful as this was not on the contract. I did not agree to this but they took the full payment of £35.99 anyway for April. I went on to cancel my DD and informed them that I would not be paying this money and that I would utilise what was already paid for the first month after the gym re-opens. The gym re-opened on 25th Aug and they went on to charge clients a pro-rata fee of £8. I drew their attention to the fact that they had not refunded member for the unused time in March and they said it'll cost them about £10k to give refunds but will cot each member only £8.13 each. I could not see the sense in that argument so, I refused to pay the £8.13. As my contract expired in July 2020, I asked them to keep the money paid in April as my 1 month notice. At first they refused and showed me section 11 of their contract that states 'the club may be temporarily closed for for periods of up to 2 weeks each year for maintenance purposes. We reserve the right to add an annual facility maintenance change of up to but not greater then the equivalent of 1 month's membership fees'. i drew to their attention that it was a pandemic and not maintenance. I still refused and someone in the team called me and after I thought I had resolved this and moved on. They went and setup an unauthorised direct debit. Remember that i had cancelled this. They have taken 2 payments so far. according to my DD guarantee, i can get this back from my bank. i hope my bank get it back from them. The company is money hungry. be on your guard. I will NOT recommend them to my worst enemy. They care nothing about people. i hope they shut them down again during the winter. They do not know the contents of their contract or care `to honour it even if they did. Be very cautious they will use any text in the contract to keep your money. My contract expired in July and they have continued to take the money even though i have paid the 1 month notice. GET your money back if they made you pay £10 to freeze your account. This move was unlawful because there was nothing written in the contract. the freeze clause only applies if you have requested it. i did not! Speak to citizens advice bureau if you doubt this. GET your money back if they then added more time to your contract due to covid. you are free to leave if your contract came to an end because the contract made no provision for a pandemic scenario. if they refuse` to give refund, see advice from citizens advice bureau. this company should not be allowed to do this to people especially if we all went through and continue to go through the tough times.

“Beware!!! ”

Written on: 31/08/2020 by Althaf (1 review written)

I was a member of Anytime fitness, Ilford. I have sent my membership cancellation email in April since I have been not working. The gym was closed from March mid and they charged me full month for Mar, Apr,Aug, and not refunding my fee for hese months. I have cancelled my direct debit,they r trying to charge for September too.

“Anytime Fitness, Newbury Recommended”

Written on: 04/05/2019

I have only positive comments and praise for Anytime Fitness, Newbury, Berks. The gym is always clean and extremely well equipped. I joined about a year ago as a ‘Prime’ member and was very nervous when I started. Staff, PTs and gym members are very friendly and helpful - I soon felt confident in my journey to lose weight and better health. It was a surprise to me that I now really enjoy the gym and have lost nearly four stone in weight! A highly recommended gym.

“my experience with anytime fitness is absolutely poor....”

Written on: 21/12/2018 by josephaugustine (1 review written)

my experience with anytime fitness is absolutely poor. Before joining the club I advised I would only join if the had pacific equipment which I was lead to believe they were getting. A couple months down the line still no equipment also never any real space to use the tools and generally atmosphere was dead. I was not motivated at all no satisfaction for my money. I cancelled and money was no longer being taken then at the end of 2018 they took £119 out of Xmas money I saved in my bank refusing to give it back saying I signed up for 12 months, why would I stay if I am less motivated than when I started due to not having what was promised. This company is terrible no support or communication throughout or real understanding or true reason for taking my money other than contract. I would never recommend anyone to join unless you have money to burn.

“Avoid! ”

Written on: 28/02/2018 by yiMay1965 (1 review written)

Having been a member of several gyms due to moving around the country for work, Anytime Fitness is by far one of the worst gyms I have ever been a member of. The staff, the facilities and the overall shody management is awful. This is not an elite club like Virgin/Nuffield/David Lloyd. However, it is also not as good as the other affordable gym chains out there like 'The Gym' or 'Pure Gym'. If you're on a budget and you want to be treated well and use state of the art facilities, stick to 'The Gym' or 'Pure Gym'. Whatever you do, stay well away from Anytime Fitness... Anywhere. I tried three centres (one as a member and two on a free trial pass). All three clubs were awful.

“Pole-arity Fitness Classes in West Sussex”

Written on: 10/08/2017 by polearityfitness (1 review written)

I was a little bit nervous when I decided to go to one of their monthly free gym events because I didn't know what to expect as I don't have a lot of confidence but I absolutely loved it! Anytime Fitness makes you feel so comfortable and the other gym members are so friendly and supportive too.I can see how my body is changing and that I am improving my fitness rapidly.I love Anytime Fitness and I can recommend this studio to everyone.

“Bit Annoyed by Urmston”

Written on: 11/03/2017 by mqBishop284 (1 review written)

I signed a contract last year dated 24th Jan 2016 and my committment end date was 31st Jan 2017 which means it's not paid in arrears. I had two frozen months Aug/Sept which stretched my membership out to 24th March 2017 as I understand a 12 month contract. Earlier I filled in a cancellation form as fair warning to them as I was considering my membership. They had taken a payment for march on 1st March so I cancelled my DD for April as I didn't want further money taken out of my account and having all the hassle of getting it back if I code not to renew in the end. I tried to get in the gym this morning 11th March and my fob was blocked. So I've been denied access to the gym up to the 24th March to finish off my contract. I would have liked to have had access to this gym up to the 24 the March whilst

“No No No”

Written on: 02/03/2017 by Andreso195 (1 review written)

Chelsea Branch Bad customer service, Cancellation trick I usually pay the fee every 1st of the month and i gave them a notice on 1st March and here is the reply "I will process your membership cancellation  after your last payment on 1st of April and your membership will be cancel end of April 2017" Well done you

“AVOID”

Written on: 23/02/2017 by zlReynolds116 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusted by the service at Bradley Stoke in Bristol. Repeatedly lied and are not trustworthy at all. Absolute money grabbers. I'm currently having to resolve a situation where they are sending me threatening emails saying my details are going to be passed on to debt collectors and that it could affect my credit ratings. I have NEVER had any reason for bad credit before and this is causing me a lot of unneeded stress. AVOID!

“DATA PROTECTION BREACH SURELY”

Written on: 01/02/2017 by allanlawrence (1 review written)

I am more than happy to take this review down, if revised and resolved. I owe some money to Anytime Fitness. A staff member decided to tell my colleagues who attend the gym this stating "He will be referring me to a debt collection" One of my colleagues described this as she was 'cornered' being told this. To add insult, my landlord is also my director in the company. Who was obviously concerned about this as the address I live at could be flagged credit check wise. So I went to see this staff member and I gave him a chance to rectify this. Unfortunately he seemed to lack the knowledge of how serious this was, He completely ignored me twice when I told him what I did not appreciate. He just spoke to me as if I was showing up to pay for what I owed. To show goodwill that this is NOT about the money I owe. I paid half of it off right there and then. Now I am going to attend Citizens Advice tomorrow to see if any Data Protections acts have been broken. discussing my financial relationship with the company with my own colleagues. This is an outrageous breach of privacy. I have currently taken to Twitter but yet to receive any reply. I have given my email address to them. And now I will be looking into Data Access request on all my notes they have on file. I hope this review is recognised and they email me shortly to resolve this. I am fairly looking for my £50 reimbursed from yesterday and the remaining £80 to be wiped. I'm even happy to sign a new contract with the company and accept the apology as a simple mistake as I do understand being in a small town people forget business and talk about things they shouldn't.