Bridlewood Riding Centre, Prestatyn, Wales Reviews

Bridlewood Riding Centre, Prestatyn, Wales - Ask a question now

“Such a shame”

Written on: 21/08/2021 by 319Doherty (1 review written)

We booked for our 3 children to do the pony ‘half day’ experience. When we arrived, we were stood around for 15 minutes as there was no welcome/instruction as to where to go or who to see. My husband went to find out and we we’re told to check in at the shop. Wow. That shop. Absolute carnage. Stuff everywhere and extremely dirty. Kids who were there on full days were being told to leave their lunchboxes on floor! From there, we took our children round to wait for the next instruction. Again, stood around for 15 minutes doing nothing. Really unorganised. The kids were put in 2 separate groups, with young girls expected to look after each group. No head counts on the children which was a huge concern of mine as several of these kids were very young and had been left there for the day. The pony trekking itself was OK, I thought it could have been better. The children were on them for 25 minutes just walking around in silence in the mud. Then, onto the grooming, if that’s what you call it?! The kids were left with a woman who quite clearly didn’t want to be there. No explanation of how these ponies were meant to be groomed, what the different brushes were for..nothing. Instead, we had witness these poor ponies have their hair yanked out by 5 year olds! It wasn’t pleasant. The woman just stood there with a face like thunder that she had been left with these kids again, while the others were sat in the smoking hut..right next to the other kids who were attempting to muck out the stables. Luckily, my young children didn’t notice the shambles, why would they though, they were fascinated with the ponies. This place could be amazing, but it needs some serous attention. I wouldn’t recommend it personally, but if you decide to give it a go, make sure you go to the bathroom before you go!!

“Disgusting, untidy and dangerous! ”

Written on: 06/07/2021 by Sweeney463 (1 review written)

booked for a bridlepath ride as a last day of our holiday, turned up and was told to go to reception/shop, the place is disgusting!! no covid rules except for a few signs, saddles and bridles were not sanitized, they were dirty! we tried on hats which looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years and then told to stand on the steps to wait for our horses, the horses looked awful, muddy and not seen a brush in months, the poor things looked as if they had given up on life, the absolute state of the place was a big shock! wooden boxes falling apart as you waited to mount, opposite these wood boxes is an old caravan with windows missing and just behind that what a mess, seems like it's just a dumping ground!! the muck heap over flowing and stretched towards the stables obstructing the walk way, fencing rotting and falling apart, the bridlepath was muddy and overgrown, and the sight of the paddocks were not nice, weeds growing everywhere and one paddock was so flooded the poor horses in there were up to their knees in mud and water! again the fencing and gates really need repairing, we were taken around the bridlepath by young girls who had no patience with the horses and would get yanked very sharply by the mouth, I couldn't wait to get from there! I will not be returning!! I came a few years ago and since then it's gone down hill so much, dog poop everywhere also! very very poor unloved place, AVOID!!!

“Come on Bridlewood !!!!”

Written on: 23/02/2016 by wudy1 (1 review written)

Great location and friendly staff, I took my 7 year old daughter recently who loves horses. Bridlewood is in a great location close to the Beach and within easy reach of all the North Wales holiday camps in the area so has a good catchment area, however I do feel the place really lets itself down. The shop/reception area is grubby and untidy and lets its self down as a first impression We went on the half hour pony trek which is very uninspiring and very muddy, the general appearance of the place is very untidy, numerous rubbish filled decayed caravans everywhere and general junk. I visited the toilets before I left - extremely dirty with the toilet seat hanging off with poor washing facilities, so called café looked very grubby and dirty how on earth they serve food in there is beyond me. I do appreciate this is a working stable yard but come on Bridlewood a good tidy up would go a long way. Obviously my 7 year old doesn't notice thing like this so she had a good time. It would be unfair to comment on the horses as I am not an expert but all seemed ok. Will probably go elsewhere next time as I was put off.

Willson2020's Response to wudy1's Review

Written on: 06/07/2021

glad I'm not the only one who thinks the place is a total dump! I walked in and right back out of the toilet, I've seen cleaner in a hoarders house! and the cafe, you'd be lucky if your not sitting on the toilet for days after eating there! they place is like a huge dumping ground, everything's falling apart including the poor horses, never again will I go there!

Read 1 Comment

“Visited in the Summer Holidays ”

Written on: 13/12/2015 by 399McLeod (1 review written)

Over the past 5 years I have been visiting Bridlewood with my daughters so they can do the 30mins bridlepath ride. I have never been disappointed!! The staff a friendly and clearly have a passion about horses and the care they provide. In the summer it can get very busy but they are always happy to help and will always try and accommodate when they can!! If in the area whilst on holiday and looking for an activity for the kids this is the place to go. Prices are very reasonable to.

“Disappointed ”

Written on: 29/10/2015

Booked the bridlepath for 30 mins. When I got there, I couldn't find staff for 10 mintues, and when I did I had to wait 5 minutes for a horse and guide. Walked around the path which only took 15 minutes when I paid full price of 30mins. So rather disappointed. Guide was friendly and chatty, pony was lovely but was rather muddy.

“Terrible!”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by cjGrantham1966 (1 review written)

I recently went to Bridlewood with my sister to watch my niece riding,I was horrified to see the state of the place, there were young children running around,dangerous with horses about, stuff lying about all over the place, how it passes health and safety I have no idea. Their own horses/ponies didn't seem in the best of spirits, though I cannot blame them if they had been used for lessons in the arena's which were way too deep, definitely not good for ANY horses/ponies. With where it is situated it does have the potential to be a good riding school, just needs money spent on the place.After taking a look about, I was horrified to see the amount of horses per one small field, the fields themselves were extremely muddy, drainage seems to be an issue! I used to work on a yard in Cornwall before I moved to North Wales, and compared to Bridlewood it was pristine! I don't usually write reviews but I felt the state of this place needs to be addressed. On the plus side, the surrounding area is beautiful.

“Beach ride at Brindlewood Riding Centre Prestatyn, Wales ”

Written on: 01/07/2012 by clarkie01925 (1 review written)

My sister and I have been riding for a number of years , but have never ridden on the beach. After reading reviews, we booked a beach ride at Brindlewood riding school. What a brillant day we had. We arrived just before 10.00am and the staff were really friendly on arrival. The horses were look after and suited are abilities. Have recommended to a number of people and will definitely visit the centre again. Thanks to everyone, we had a fantastic day, looking forward to the next one!!!!

“Very Accomodating and Friendly People”

Written on: 08/06/2012

did there best to sort out a holiday stable for me, was very friendly and polite, look after my horse wel for me, thank you! nice rides from here too

“Very friendly and helpful”

Written on: 23/04/2012 by Sarahderb (2 reviews written)

I have just returned home after spending 3 days at Bridlewood Riding Centre. A friend and I took our horses with us so that we could ride on the beach. I cant recommend the centre enough. Clean large stables, haynets filled, water topped up, friendly staff who looked happy in their work, nice area to sit and have a drink, excellent shop, other horses at the centre well looked after, fab scenery. We will definately return. We were made to feel at home and there was no snobbery as you can get in some equestrian places. Thank you for a brilliant holiday!

“Let down by hack”

Written on: 19/03/2012

Really felt let down with the beach ride i went on there. I am a horse riding instructor and went with 3 experienced friends. 3 adults were put on ponies and the tallest rider got a horse of about 15hh. When we arrived 2 teenaged girls argued who was going to take us out as both had previously been out and looked like they didnt want to go out again. She hardly talked to us all the way round and was more interested in her mobile phone. As for the ride it could of been great but we walked all the way to the beach had a little canter and then walked all the way back and still managed to get back 20 mins early (hence the walking i think!!) Wouldnt of minded a hour hack which is what the beach ride is really and paid the same price as what we did for the 2 hour and had a much better ride. None of us are speed freaks but a trot would of been nice. The place itself seemed nicely situated and was clean and tidy , but definetely room for improvement in customer service and the quality of hacks. Probably Great for beginners and novices.

“Best day ever!!!”

Written on: 07/07/2011 by K.Skinner (1 review written)

Absolutly amazing!! My partner had decided to propose to me whilst i was out on a hack...the staff could not have made this special day any more perfect!! Myself and Kim (staff) started our hack which was lovely, beautiful scenery and Kim was really supportive with my lack of confidence whilst riding. Everyone knew at the stables apart from me, and whilst we were riding another member of staff took my new fiance to the beach where they waited for us! They were really patient, flexible and kind to allow us to have this special moment on the beach. They had even arranged the local newspaper to be there at our proposal and we made the headlines which really made it perfect because i was in such shock i cant remember anything. We will never forget how lovely they all were, and it would not have been perfect without your help and organising!! Thank you so much. PS. Really nice stables, gorgeous and content horses, really tidy and amazing instructors!!

“Birthday Ride 26/06/11”

Written on: 29/06/2011 by Helsy36 (1 review written)

Hi, I found all the staff at Bridlewood helpful and friendly, I checked in and was given a horse called me me. We had a quick practice in the arena and then we were off to the beach - and it was FAB. For a little pony she can move and had some great gallops across the beach. Before we got to the beach Kim told me what to expect, and as I hadn't ridden for some time that made me feel much more at ease. As you would expect the horses get a bit excited, but I felt completly safe. We got past the light house on a good clear stretch and then went for it.. ha ha what an ace ride. Will definately go back...

“Brillant day out for a ride on the beach!”

Written on: 13/06/2011 by lily-fudge (1 review written)

Going out for the day at Bridlewood Riding Centre was the best day of my life so far. i have always wanted to ride along the beach with my friends and on saturday that wish came true. i rode a horse called Meme and i loved it loads. my friend came with me and she rode a horse called Gib. the young woman (louise) that came with us and took us to the beach was very kind and co-oprative. she would talk to us and tell us about the horses and the diffrent things that the riding centre does. i would recommend this to any body that is expreinced and would like to do it. its a once in a life time oppotunite. i found that the ride was very long but the time flu by and it was like i had only been riding for a few minutes. the fact that i got to ride in the sea was brillant. the horses were lovely, i would happily go back and go for another ride on the beach. even thought i didnt no i was going until i turned up it was a brillant suprise! it was good because the trip was intense, like a guessing game to find out were i was going. when i got their, there wasnt a long wait, which was good. within minutes of arriving we were sat on the horses and ready to go.

“Has it all!!!!”

Written on: 07/06/2011

Bridlewood is in a great location with being on the right by the Beach and great hacking up the hills with pubs to stop off at. I have stabled my horse here on and off from the age of 9. I have made great friends and have had great experiences, I have watched the yard grow from strength to strength having now being here on and off for 12 years. Bridlewood has it all from 3 sanded arenas one with new show jumps, a short track with small x-country fences, the beach, the warren rides, hacks up the mountain. They offer Full Livery, Part Livery, DIY, Grass Livery and it is all very reasonably priced. There are paddocks supplied with top quality haylage from Summerford Park, there are grass fields over the railway if you would prefer your horse on grass, however I prefer the Paddocks as I am lazy I don't like walking to the fields. There is always someone there to help you and offer you advice, the managers and owners go out of their way at un-socialble hours to make sure things are right. The on-site Tack shop with feed and bedding is also really handy so I don't have to waste fuel or get my car messy, also if there is a particular product I need I know they will try their up most to stock it especially for me. They welcome new and old customers I have left and come back for a number of reasons and have always been welcomed me back and made me feel relaxed and at home straight away. All the liveries are lovely even if you do get the odd few that feel the need to write horrible reviews after they have left. If there is ever an issue the staff and management are really helpful and try there best to resolve any issues anyone may have, they are really approachable. All in all it is a great place I find I spent too much time down the yard socialising everyone helps everyone, and yard parties are always ones to remember! I like that if you are on DIY there is always someone there to do my horse if I am ill or can't make it down. There are staff on site more or less 24'7 so I know my horse is checked. If I do need any extra services the prices again are reasonable. They have started to arrange outing and shows this year which is also a bonus as it brings everyone together more. The staff are friendly and even when they have finished work still are around to help if needed. They have a successful Pony Club and are also I think arrange Dressage and Show jumping clinics im up and coming months. Wouldn't be any where else as I have been other local places and nothing compares... like I said it has it all!!!

“I have been to Bridlewood on a few occasions, each...”

Written on: 05/06/2011 by Vikki.S (1 review written)

I have been to Bridlewood on a few occasions, each time I have been very happy with their service. I've been on the beach ride, which I would highly recommend! Having been on beach rides at various riding centres over the years, I would say this is the best one! Great value for money, all the horses and ponies are well cared for and not over used and they enjoy themselves on the beach as much as their riders! They're all lovely natured too. The staff are all lovely, we went for a birthday recently and they were happy to take the time to take pictures etc. Its very welcoming here, you don't feel like you have to rush off after your ride and there's a cafe to grab something to eat and drink, also a shop to have a look in, all very reasonably priced. The centre is easy to find and the surroundings are beautiful. I will definitely be returning for another ride as soon as possible! :)

“Leaving Bridlewood, very sadly...Not only did our...”

Written on: 15/02/2011

Leaving Bridlewood, very sadly...Not only did our horse Charley Farley thrive there, he was looked after by highly qualified staff who stepped in when I was ill and gave Charlie and I all the support we needed...Friendly, supportive,and constantly updating their livery facilities...Liveries are friendly and helpful too...A great shop, with lots of discount, and high quality riding gear of every nature...A brilliant cafe, with lots of menus and hot soups, for winter..Bridleways/ beach terrific!....A SUPER yard manager, who has time for everyone, just a real great place...BUT, we will be back, even if it is for curry and chips, a laugh, and a gander in the shop...much love to you all xxxx

“i think bridlewood is located in one of the best...”

Written on: 28/10/2010

i think bridlewood is located in one of the best locations in north wales it is easy to get too from anywhere and the staff are all very helpful over the phone.I found when i got there it was not much to look at and the yeards seemed in abit of a mess. we got directed into the shop and waited in a line for up to 5min. we then got taken to get our hats and the staff seemed asif they were takeing alot of thought to getting the hats right. we then got told to stay where we were and got the horses brought round to us. the horses were not up to much and seemed very down/drained out. with lack of energy we went and got up on our horses which the staff made very easy and comfy. the saddle was not the best to sit in at all but it was okay for the money we paid. we got took round the bridlepath and round the road. but as we were going past one of the arenas there were some kids ragging there ponies around one was hitting thier horse as it stood there this made me feel a bit unsure of how horses should be treated.we got off our ride which was really enjoyable. and went to go round to see the horses to find some in a real bad state no food or water tacked up and looked very un-happy. overall i think bridlewood is value for money but i think they need to think more bout the horses and how much work they doo during the day.

“very disappointed. booked the 2 hour beach ride. was...”

Written on: 06/09/2010

very disappointed. booked the 2 hour beach ride. was only just 2hours, however 30 minutes was spent waiting to cross the train tracks. the girl that took us out, spoke about herself and nothing else and how high she could jump, we were given unsuitable horses. when we go to the beach we were given no direction in what way to go and when to do what, therfore as soon as we go th the beach my daughters horse just bolted, so mine followed suit. girl was not happy with us and took us back to walk through the sanddunes

“I recently went for a beach ride at the riding centre....”

Written on: 19/08/2010

I recently went for a beach ride at the riding centre. Upon arrival staff were very friendly and efficient. The ride itself was fantastic. I have not ridden on the beach for a number of years and the feeling of galloping along the beach was exhilarating. I will definitely be returning. It is just a shame I do not live close by!

“To end our weekend away my girlfriend and I decided on...”

Written on: 18/07/2010

To end our weekend away my girlfriend and I decided on waking Sun morning that it would be nice to do
some beach riding.As experienced riders we were looking for somewhere that was both friendly and safe with nice horses.
Having found bridlewoods on the Internet a quick call secured us a 2pm beach ride.
On arriving at the yard everyone was refeshlingly friendly and happy in their work.
We were lent hats and boots and given space to stores our holiday cases making everything very easy.
After a quick assesment in the school we were off with our guide Louise.
The ride was fantastic,the horses were perfect for the job and Louise was a gem and made the ride a real pleasure.
The beach itself was amazing and we had a fantastic time.
I can't thank everyone enough for a great day and would love to come back.

Matt B