Nationwide Autocentre www.nationwideautocentres.co.uk

1.5

“Fast efficient service.did a great job... came out at”

written by Youngyt161 on 20/03/2017

Fast efficient servic was very polite and did a great job cane out at a tune that suited me great service

“Very good!”

written by JackMattingly238 on 15/02/2016

Nationwide picked my car up after an accident and also dropped it back off at home for me. He couldn't of been more helpful! Very happy

“FREE BRAKE PADS FOR A LIFE.NOT FREE.”

written by azokaitis on 08/11/2014

I took my Toyota avensis 55reg for free brake pads for a life.But this deal only valid if you change discs also.So I paid over a 100.Drove about 5000 miles and discs started to judder.Took back to HAlfords for a check up.They suggested to change discs and pads again,so I done again and again paid over 100.5000 miles later discs started to judder again!I think they are using cheapest brand they can get hold of.I won't use them again.

“Strictly avoid Chichester garage!”

written by on 13/02/2014

I came to Halfords Autocentre for a free brake and engine checks and got my vehicle back in messy condition: some of wheel bolts wasn't tight enough, engine cables were loose and not on the right place, an engine and around it was dirty. Front right wheel made a noise after free check, mechanic used my tools and left them dirty plus a cover on my tool box was damaged also someone was checking what stuff I have in the car boot and the first shock was that I found my car unlocked on car park!!! I wanted to complain and take a legal action but next day had to go on a long holiday... I don't recommend Halfords Autocentre at all!!!

“i asked for a full service (HALESOWEN BRANCH)”

written by on 06/01/2014

I PRESENTED MY 2 LITRE DIESEL MONDEO TO THE ABOVE BRANCH FOR A FULL SERVICE PAID IN ADVANCE AND BOOKED ON THE INTERNET,ALTHOUGH ONLY A INTERIM SERVICE FOR 85,000 WAS DUE ,I ASKED AND PAID FOR A FULL SERVICE. ARRIVED EARLY DROPPED OFF THE CAR AND WENT HOME.3PM THE SAME AFTERNOON" YOUR CAR IS DONE SIR IF YOU WOULKD LIKE TO COLLECT IT". ON ARRIVAL I WAS TOLD OF REPAIRS RQUIRED THAT TOTALED NEARLY £1500,THESE INCLUDED REAR DISCS AND PADS CALIPERS WILL NEED TO BE CHANGED AS WELL AS THEY WILL PROBABLY BE SEIZED,3 NEW TYRES TO BE FAIR THEY WERE LOW THEY WANTED £200 GOT EM DONE FOR LESS THAN A HUNDRED ELSE WHERE, AND YOUR ENGINE MANAGMENT LIGHT IS ON WE HAVE DONE A DIAGNOSTIC CHECK AND YOU NEED A NEW TURBO £500. WELL I THOUGHT MIGHT AS WELL TAKE IT TO THE SCRAP YARD.DROVE HOME 3 MILES DIPPED OIL AS BLACK AND THICK AS THE DAY I TOOK IT INTO THEM (CLEARLY NOT BEEN CHANGED) FUEL FILTER/OIL FILTER NOT CHANGED . SO WHAT ELSE HAD THEY NOT DONE?. THEY HAD NOT CHECKED THE LIGHTS AS I HAD A SIDE LIGHT OUT FRONT AND REAR. SO HERE WE ARE 2 MONTHS LATER AND UNFORTUNATELY ITS MOT TIME, TAKES IT FOR ITS ANNUAL TEST NOT TOO HALFORDS I MIGHT ADD AND HEY PRESTO IT FAILS ON SOMETHING THEY NEVER MENTIONED A WORN BUSH ON OFFSIDE SUSPENSION . YOU DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS ,YOUR MONEY IF YOU WANT TO WASTE IT BUT HALFORDS WONT BE HAVING ANY MORE OF MY HARD EARNED.HAD TO PUT A RATING NOT EVEN WORTH THE 1 I PUT .

“TYRES AND TRACKING”

written by Geoff2470 on 08/12/2013

Took my car to Halfords autocentre Sittingbourne kent for 2 x tyres and tracking, only to be told that i had a problem with the ball joint, quoted £145.00 to fix which I paid as car was all over the road, then said I also needed a new nearside hub that would cost me a further £245.00, refused, drove car which was like driving on ice and took my car to my local mechanic who I have used for many years, he took one look at the car and said the tracking was well out, and the car should not be driven, he recovered the car to my local kwik fit who corrected the tracking and no further parts are required, mechanic also stated that the part they changed being the lower suspension arm did not need changing as he had only put a new one on 12 mths ago, went into Halfords to complain, manager told me he would call me back by end of play the day..... you guessed it no call. STAY AWAY WANNA BE MECHANICS

“MOT List of non existent faults and excessive repair costs”

written by on 19/11/2013

Took car for a free MOT using a voucher from a windscreen repair. Didn't get a phone call so called to follow up only to be told it had failed. They offered to provide a repair price. Later in the day was told it was close to £600. It apparently needed a new front caliper (binding), new front pads and discs, new handbrake cable as seized so much it couldn't be attached any longer and large imbalance in front brakes. They also recomended new front springs due to corrosion. Clearly there was a issue with the handbrake in that the cable was dislodged on one side. This was connected back up in less than 5 minutes (including wheel removal). Vehicle was then tested the next morning at another test station and passed with minor advisory for slightly corroded discs. Rear brakes were fine, handbrake fine and brake performance comfortably within MOT standards. I can only guess that they felt the need to exaggerate the work required. I have contacted trading standards and VOSA to investigate. Listening to the advice and explanations given to customers in reception, I wouldn't trust them to change the air in my tyres !!!!!

“Set fire to car”

written by on 29/08/2013

I took my car to halfords Filton Bristol for a service and MOT. THe car needed some welding and durig this they set fire to the rear seat. All this after they explained the reason for the high price of the welding is due to the time taken to be careful! They did replace all the seats with some from a scrappy, although they are black and the original ones were light sand colour. There is also black burn marks up the rear internal plastic, which has been melted. After speakgin with the area manager, he offered to search for the correct seats and replace them. No mention of a refund on the price I paid for the service and MOT dispite they setting fire to my car. Very dissapointed with Halfords and will not be recommending them to anyone.

“rip off unskilled clowns”

written by on 31/07/2013

dont go near halfords widnes pretend to be experts that take week to fix your car find new and different faults which they just try and charge you more and more for rip offs BEWARE!!!!

“Def avoid the Halfords branch in High Wycombe at all costs”

written by mmali on 30/07/2013

I booked to get my car serviced a week ago. I work so I had to make sure it was on a day off. I was told on the phone it would take 'a few hours'. I dropped it off in the morning on the day and was told it would not be ready until the end of the day. I therefore travelled by bus to run my errands for the day. As my bus passed the autocentre in the afternoon I could see it hadn't moved from where I had parked it in the morning. I received a phone call at 4.20pm to say he hadn't had time to service my car today due to more work than expected was needed on other cars. I received an apology but when I questioned the fact that they obviously book in too much work that they can cope with on the day he argued this point. Well obviously that's the case hence didn't have time to do my car. I felt frustrated as didn't feel the apology was sincere as he didn't acknowledge my point. I will not be using Halfords autocentre again and would not recommend to anyone.

“Peartree Road we want cash not card??”

written by on 30/07/2013

Went to have my car serviced,the actual service was poor screenwash not topped up amongst other things says my specialist was DG?. then when i came to collect the car the Manager was very rude and made me feel very uncomfortable and made me wait forever while he did my paperwork(had two small children with me on a very hot day) omly glimmer of hope,my engine light was on and a big blonde lad looked at it outside for me and was very polite and seemed to know his stuff,shame that doesnt outweigh the rest of the poor expirence.

“Avoid the Halfords branch in High Wycombe at all costs”

written by KevinT1 on 25/07/2013

Took my car in for new brakes and discs. Mechanic failed to screw in wheel bolts before taking off ramp..drove off, wheel comes off causing damage to bold threads. Took a further day to fix. Month later took car back following vibration when braking. Manager says not safe to drive - wrong pads fits and plate and bolts need replacing. Along the way branch failed to inform me of progress, mislaid paperwork. Noticed other customers equally unhappy and a feeling of disorganisation that didn't exist around this place 2013. Avoid if you value your car.

“Tyre fitting”

written by pcrofts on 18/07/2013

Had an appointment for 09.30 for fitting 2 new tyres at Halfords Sandhurst and agreed to tracking to be carried out. Some 2 hours later I received the car. Unbelievable that it took that long. I shall not go there again and will not recommend it to friends.

“TERRIBLE (Northenden Manchestet)”

written by Untitled on 16/07/2013

Took for an MOT at 1:30. Was told I could have it back by the end of the day which was essential. They didn't actually do the MOT until 5 pm! Then it needed work and I was told it wouldn't be done until the following day. When I asked why they did not tell me they were busy and couldn't do the car until late I got no reply. It seems they book as many in as they can and don't care. Parts are a premium too. Was told my brakes were imbalanced and they'd have to charge me a service of £33 just to see if there was a further problem that they would then bill me for. This business is just money grabbers!

Prettyteacups's Response to Untitled's Review

Written on: 29/11/2015

I have had the same awful customer service with this branch in Northenden. booked my new car in for a brake check (brakes for life) and I asked them to check my oil sensor as it was flashing and rear wiper. I booked in a week in advance and took the car at 11.30, I was told to grab a coffee which I did but then was told that it may be a while. I got my housemate to pick me up and awaited a call from them relatively quickly , no call by 4:15 so I went back to pick the car up. When I arrived my car was in the exact position as I had left it 5 hours earlier as it was at a slight angle. Upon asking for my keys it was clear that mine had been forgotten, I was told that my brakes 'were fine' and handed back my keys without the leather fob .i had to ask for my fob back and in addition was told that they didn't have time to check the areas I had asked them to 2 weeks previously. Absolutely awful time management and communication.

“dont go !”

written by on 10/07/2013

Dont go to Halfords Autocentre A rip off!

“3 new springs ”

written by on 13/06/2013

went for MOT as salfords bury new road was told needed two new springs left hand side took car to another workshop and was told the are fine ? £360 for two new springs when the car does not need them MONEY MAKING THATS ALL car past MOT when I went back with the info

“DO NOT USE HALFORDS AUTOCENTRE”

written by Cathhowells on 03/06/2013

Booked our car into Halfords Autocentre kettering for an MOT, knowing it needed the back discs and brakes replacing we knew it would fail the MOT. However what we were not expecting was the quote they gave !!! They stated that not only did the discs and brakes need replacing but also the calipers which had seized, and the track rod end on the steering . The quote we were given was £797 .My husband payed the MOT but did not get them to do the work. We contacted a independent garage who were a amazed that Halfords had said the calipers needed replacing and this was before they saw the car. We booked the car into Sheltune in Northampton who carried out the work and got the MOT done. The calipers had not seized but the break pipes needed replacing. The battery was not secure which had not been highlighted by Halfords and is a MOT failure.The quote from Halfords for the track rod end was £71.80 the quote from Sheltune was £15.95.We had all the work and MOT done at Sheltune and it cost £330. It is evident from the price difference of £450 that Halfords is cheating the customer because they play on people's ignorance of mechanics, I wonder if " don't get done get Dom " would be interested? Anyone got the number for the BBC?

“Bad Customer service”

written by on 22/05/2013

Booked my car for MOT at 2:30pm, took my car on time and was told the car is booked at 4pm. Showed the manager the booking sheet from internet and he said 'that's nothing its a piece of paper your car is booked at 4pm not 2:30pm'. Asked him is not a courtesy to let the customer know what time the car is booked. Did't reply.

“Bad customer service”

written by Chercher on 20/05/2013

We took our car into halfords auto centre Cardiff to have a repair done on a clutch through the aa repair ,whilst the centre was waiting to authorise the claim they decided to strip the clutch out of the car ready even though they didn't have authorisation to do so ,when I ask what would happen if aa didn't authorise it he said our car wouldn't be able to be moved as the clutch was out and we would have to pay £600 to fix it .luckly aa camr forward and authorised after we picked it up there was a knocking sound coming from the car wheel I return straight away to be advised that the mechanic hadn't fixed the dust cover properly and it had slipped and was causing the knocking still the noise was there .At this point were advised the drop links needed replacing and they only replace them n pairs and would cost us £150 plus vat and informed them I would shop around as the manager down there mark was very rude .I did take the car to a another garage and they done the drop link 1needed doing and cost me £59 ,he advised me as well that when halford had it they hadn't secured the top bolts on the suspension and that was contributed to the loudness of the knocking.In the last day. Or 2 the knocking had returned called aa out again towed to halfords unfortunately I'm not in a position to ay up front as I would of took it some where else ,was advised on the phone by mark again that he's looked at the car it's the ball joint thats gone ,he has the aprt there just waiting for the go ahead from aa .HOur later a phone called back saying he told aa in his opinion it was due to where and tear ,and aa wouldn't pay out .Now I'm stuck with getting my car home plus I'm disabled driver and told they can't do nothing for us unless we pay £214 to fix it .Not a very nice experience and I will defiantly not be visiting halfords again in the future regardless if I have the money or not

“West Bromich Autocentre”

written by Kevbal on 17/05/2013

My daughter took her car in after the engine management light came on. They put 3 coil packs on and 4 sparkplugs and charged her £293 !!! Not only that the coil packs were rubbish, did not solve the problem and gave out the wrong voltage which caused other problems. A proper auto electrician put 3 decent coil packs on at £30 each and had to solve the other faults. When I spoke to the manager he lied to me saying he was only there that week and the normal manager was off, when I pointed out his name was on the bill as having dealt with the car 3 weeks ago he went quiet and said ring head office. My daughter does a lot of motorway miles and does not want to be stranded on the hard shoulder. They saw a young girl come in and ripped her off, overcharging for rubbish parts, not knowing what they were doing. I am waiting for the regional manager to contact me but I am not holding my breath. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO THIS PLACE IF YOU VALUE IT - TAKE IT TO A PROPER GARAGE.