Nestle Walnut Whip Reviews

Nestle Walnut Whip - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nestle Walnut Whip

“cooking training”

written by ashpazibachi on 31/10/2022

We teach people with zero catering experience how to cook traditional foods!

“Absolutely awful”

written by NylaAustin on 21/01/2022

I had stopped buying chocolate a long time ago when it no longer tasted like chocolate but today I decided to treat myself to a walnut whip for the first time in many years. What a mistake it was too. Nothing like the original just a sweet sickly mess of a product that passed between my lips. I feel sad for all people growing up today who will never know the joy and pleasure of a real chocolate treat, and for anyone hoping for a return of the original product its pure nostalgia cos it aint going to happen. Got to dash now, I feel ill.

“Just awful ”

written by 189Hartley on 08/05/2018

Really disappointed with the new walnut whips, the chocolate is thin and very sweet and grainy. The whip is just sticky and sickly. I won’t be buying anymore. I wish companies would stop ruining chocolate items.

“Chocolate too thin to give it the authentic taste”

written by 279Fuller on 20/01/2018

I suspected as much when i picked up the packet as it was way too light. The chocolate is thin and does not give a satisfying melt in the mouth. Wont be buying again. Ever.

“What's happened to my favourite sweet?”

written by lisa401 on 02/03/2013

Walnut whips were my all time favourite sweets, lovely thick textured chocolate with a soft creamy marshmallow filling. They tasted gorgeous and were a real treat. Now, the thick chocolate has gone only to be replaced by a cheaper, thinner version and the nut at the top seems to have been made smaller too. Walnut whips are hardly sold anywhere individually anymore, and I can only conclude from this that shops don't make a profit on them because nobody buys them anymore, hence they don't stock them. To be honest I'm not surprised.

“Quarter walnuts on top now?”

written by on 16/02/2013

Just opened a box of 6 walnut whips and they all have a QUARTER walnut stuck on top now instead of the usual half. In fact that half walnut was the only thing that was original about a walnut whip. They used to be real whipped, textured, munchy chocolate. Now they're moulded, shiny and greasy. I don't know why I bothered buying them. Like Roses, their quality has diminished to a fraction of what it used to be. In fact, I think if I found a genuine 1970 cadbury's walnut whip it would taste better than the rubbish Nestle are churning out today.

“Disappointed”

written by BABABE on 06/12/2011

As the other complaints have said, a Walnut Whip is no longer a Walnut Whip. So bad are the changes to the chocolate shell and the whipped filling I have no clue what to do with the remaining 5 out of the 6 pack I bought. Why oh why do companies feel the need to change a formula that has been working for as long as I can remember. Will not be buying again.

“I am surprised and at the same time pleased that there...”

written by on 24/02/2010

I am surprised and at the same time pleased that there are other people that think the same than I do.
I used to love the original walnut whip with dark chocolate and was really disappointed by the new one now being sold. It's not only the taste that has nothing to do with the original but also its appearance: it's like the difference between a cheap solid milk chocolate bar and an individually handcrafted praline.
I liked the originals so much that I would have ordered and have them shipped to Switzerland at the time.
Today I would not even buy them if available next door.

Very sad indeed!!!

“Dear Nestle, I have just eaten my 2nd Walnut Whip from...”

written by jpg59ltd on 29/12/2009

Dear Nestle, I have just eaten my 2nd Walnut Whip from a Christmas present package of 6 given last week and unfortunately the experience of the first was completely duplicated. The chocolate shell recipe has been changed or a different chocolate used as it is horrible and inside the white fluffy filling is about 25% of its former glory. In fact the only thing that hadn't changed is the walnut on top. As such this product cannot be, and shouldn't be, marketed as a 'Walnut Whip' as it in no way resembles the original product. I am not so stupid as to not realise that the original Rowntree product was very different in make up from today's. It originally was larger, had the walnut inside and had different flavours like the most wonderful of all, the coffee whip. I also realise that you were not the original makers, but buying the company that did, does not allow you to sell their products under false pretences. I'm sure that if you reintroduced the original product (especially the coffee) at an increased price it would still have its audience. Nestle have an excellent pedigree and it does it no good to commit this fraud

“What have they done to Walnut Whips? My wife was given...”

written by on 12/12/2009

What have they done to Walnut Whips? My wife was given some for her birthday. We used to love them and regarded them as a real treat.They've changed they way the make them so now its just a cone of rather bland solid chocolate with the filling inside. We remember them as being made in a spiral swirl and the chocolte had a far better texture and taste. The filling is also much sweeter and soggier than it used to be. It was fluffier in days gone by.
All changes aren't necessarily for the better. Shall we start a campaign to bring back the old-style walnut whip?

“I was very excited to receive my multi-pack of walnut...”

written by john8m on 29/05/2009

I was very excited to receive my multi-pack of walnut whips today, but on opening the first whip I discovered that Nestle no longer give you a full walnut. They have now cut it in half.

I can live with half a walnut but if it happens again I shall write a letter of complaint.

“”

written by footybabe on 31/10/2008

This is a very poor imitation of the original Walnut Whip which had vanilla or coffee filling, plus extra walnut. It doesn't look like a Walnut Whip, more like a pyramid. Shan't buy again.