Samsung DVD-M105 Reviews

Samsung DVD-M105 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Samsung DVD-M105

☆☆☆☆☆

“With the Samsung DVD M105 being the first DVD player...”

Written on: 11/09/2003 by psilocyber punk (1 review written)

With the Samsung DVD M105 being the first DVD player I've owned/used, I had little idea of what to look for in features against it's price tag. What good is being able to play VCDs, but NOT support CDRs?!!?… Read Full Review

George Murphy's Response to psilocyber punk's Review

Written on: 20/12/2003

well my comment on the dvd m-105 is great great great i can play copies on my machine no problem at all however you cannot play svcd disc on it.
<br>
<br> George Murphy (Dundee)

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“This player is for me a big piece of trouble it dosn't...”

Written on: 10/05/2003 by brinker. (1 review written)

This player is for me a big piece of trouble it dosn't play one dvd normally… Read Full Review

“I bought this player a few months ago, and would agree...”

Written on: 14/04/2003 by John. (1 review written)

I bought this player a few months ago, and would agree with the other reviewers that overall its a good piece of kit. It doesnt seem however to be CD-R compliant so any Video CD's ive burnt dont work! Is there anything that can be done to overcome this? I am thinking of upgrading to a DVD re-writer but will I still have the same problem with home burnt DVD's?… Read Full Review

91356_Biecool.'s Response to 89067_John.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2003

I have the same bad problem with my SVCD on a CD-R : The player can't read the disk !!!
<br>Too bad !
<br>
<br>I'm interesting by a solution too !

Marhelmark's Response to 89067_John.'s Review

Written on: 11/09/2003

yes this dvd player is rubbish,can anyone give advise how to hack it!ive tryed some of the hacks but it does not work.(you know the ones, press repeat & 1,7,7,8 all after each other, and all under 0.99 of a second....yeh wright oh!

Read 2 Comments

“I bought the Samsung M-105 DVD player from Home...”

Written on: 01/09/2002 by Megamart. (1 review written)

I bought the Samsung M-105 DVD player from Home Electrical Direct for £99.99 inc delivery.

It came pre-hacked to region 9 (all regions) but the hacks found on the web worked if you needed to select any specific region. This hack doesn't defeat macrovision so you'll need an external box if you want to tape your DVDs.

I was a bit unhappy that the power button only puts the machine into standby, rather than truly depowering it, but it proved quite useful in the end, as it remembers the disc… Read Full Review

63397_Alan.'s Response to 35836_Megamart.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I also bought this product recently, and agree that it is an excellent purchase.
I also purchased a macrobuster scart lead, tested it by recording from Minority Report(DVD to VHS)Worked perfectly....Good luck

108314_Amit.'s Response to 35836_Megamart.'s Review

Written on: 18/06/2003

Jason,
<br>
<br>I also have one of these lovely DVD-M105s. Just to let you know that the player does not read CD-R but will read CD-RWs. This is something to do with it only having one laser. See link below for detailed review. Hope this helps.
<br>www.geocities.com/kaminsite/hi-fi/dvdm105.htm

86160_Jason.'s Response to 35836_Megamart.'s Review

Written on: 04/04/2003

I also purchased a Samsung m105 and am unable to play MP3 CDs. When inserting the disc it tells me that the disc is unreadable after about 10 seconds or so. I have tried several different methods of burning the MP3 cd and so on but still no luck. Do not know how to get this wokring... anyone got any bright ideas??

Read 3 Comments

“As a first time buyer I was on the look out for a good...”

Written on: 31/08/2002 by kevin buchan. (1 review written)

As a first time buyer I was on the look out for a good quality low cost multiregion DVD player. The Samsung DVD M105 doesn't disappoint.I got mine from CDWow.com for the measly price of £99.99 and it came as multiregion compatible too.

When hooked up to my hifi giving dolby pro logic sound it is simply awesome and the picture quality is fantastic.

The remote is a minor fault as you sometimes need to push twice to get it to work but hey at the price I paid I ain't complaining.

So if you want… Read Full Review

“The Samsung DVD M105 DVD player is available from...”

Written on: 17/08/2002 by Froggy. (1 review written)

The Samsung DVD M105 DVD player is available from £129.99. It's a bargain for the features you get with this charmer.. It's a shame on a single point.. it lacks MP3 capabilities (was advertised in Argos as MP3 comp...so watch out!!) but who am I to complain.. I now have a multi region playing unit linked up to a 5.1 decoder and I could not ask for anything better in the sound quality dept. It has Quasi Pal support for those who wants to play back NTSC dvd on a PAL TV!!… Read Full Review