Chiltern Railways Reviews

Chiltern Railways - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Chiltern Railways

Chiltern Railways

“DISGUSTED!!”

Written on: 07/08/2022 by d3mje (2 reviews written)

Knowing full well that many people would be travelling to Warwick this morning for the Commonwealth Games, Chiltern Rail kindly CANCEL the only train that would get people there in time for the start!!!!

“Staff are useless and the least friendly”

Written on: 19/06/2021 by omartillo (2 reviews written)

Staff are useless and the least friendly. Delayed train to London Marylebone was supposed to arrive at 12:44 arrived at 12:35 and waited less than a minutes. People were still coming down the stair to catch it but the driver decided to shot the door in their faces and leave. Went to complaint to staff in the station, but all they would say is next train is at 13:09. Not even an apology for the wrong timing on the board. It’s very obvious that staff have had no training in customer service.

“Oxford Parkway - lack of parking”

Written on: 04/12/2017 by Kolby385 (1 review written)

Do not arrive after 9am at Oxford Parkway and expect to find a parking space. If there are no spaces, and you are in a hurry, and make the mistake of parking outside a designated bay, you will be fined £50.I'm sure that many travellers have experienced the same. Chiltern should alert users of Parkways through their website or by a sign at the entrance saying how many spaces there are left (like most carparks these days).

“What is punctuality?”

Written on: 11/11/2017 by Devenq357 (1 review written)

The main issue of this service in general is that it does not respect punctuality. The amount of times that trains from or to Marylebone are 30min+ late or cancelled is annoying, to put it mildly. What really really grinds my gears, though, is how consistently trains a little late. I am not even talking about the little 'expect trains to be up to three minutes late' scapegoat they have in place during autumn or winter. I cannot tell you how aggravating it is when it creeps up to five, ten minutes and so on every single day, no matter which way you are going. I cannot remember the last time I got to Marylebone on time. An an aside, God forbid if you access London from smaller stations like Denham - Chiltern are going to give you grief.

“Wrong information nearly caused me to miss train”

Written on: 15/10/2017 by brownsensei (2 reviews written)

I was scheduled to travel from High Wycombe to Barrow in Furness, starting my journey at 13:51 and connecting at London Euston at 15:28. As the time approached, there was an announcement that the train was for dropping off only and for passengers not to board the train. If I had followed their instructions, then I would have risked missing my connection. As it is I boarded anyway and found that there was no good reason for the instruction not to board the train, as it was going to Marylebone as normally scheduled. Awaiting with an adequate explanation for why this incorrect instruction was made, together with an assurance that they will not repeat this type of behaviour.

“No compensation for delays”

Written on: 05/10/2017 by DDubbs (1 review written)

No compensation offered despite a delay of in excess of 3 hours stuck in packed train with no access to water. Shambles of a company.

“Birmingham moor street stuff is clueless ”

Written on: 13/09/2017 by Jordon89 (1 review written)

The staff in Birmingham moor street station have no clue how to assist They werent able to give any information and looked at me smiling telling that I am losing the train while I was waiting there for 15 min to make sure it was the right train They are very incompetent. Wish I never have to travel from here again

“Got to Marylebone running late due to issues on the...”

Written on: 12/07/2017 by jobsworthhater (1 review written)

Got to Marylebone running late due to issues on the tube, got onto the platform and ran for the train but missed it, approached the station manager instead of jumping on another train, nasty woman, i tried explaining the situation to her, she just grabbed my ticket and tore it in two. As I was calling Chiltern to complain she called a colleague over and told him I had swore at her, never happened, she concocted the lie as she realised her behaviour was unacceptable, her colleague then accused me of theft stating that I had been travelling on an old ticket all week, I produced receipts of all my journeys there and then, and then demanded to see cctv footage of me swearing, they refused i wonder why? watched 3 trains leave for my destination all a quarter full and my destination was the first stop. Station staff are like little Hitlers in particular the Station manager.

Nothappypersonage's Response to jobsworthhater's Review

Written on: 01/09/2017

that's awful, I hope they appologised for their incompetence. They had no right to speak to you in that way.

Read 1 Comment

“Just don't get the password wrong....”

Written on: 27/05/2017 by AiyanaCoyne (1 review written)

So I put in the wrong password, and had to reset. Wont let me do it, even re-registering as a new user with an alternative e-mail address. Help centre useless, and frankly not that interested. Now buying my tickets through GWR even for Leamington. So nice trains but pretty shabby IT.

“Great Service!”

Written on: 30/01/2017 by Mckennad1968 (1 review written)

three 80+ ladies unused to travelling by rail going to Banbury from Marylebone were helped by one of your staff, He came over and asked if he could be of assistance. He then took us in a buggy to the platform found us seats on the crowded train and also phoned through to Banbury for someone to meet us there. 5 star service !!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

“Have I just been lucky?”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by Sleepytopcat (1 review written)

Have used the Chiltern route to Marylebone numerous times over the past 20 years and have never been really delayed or had a bad experience. Service and facilities are generally much better than other rail companies and I only have one gripe. Why do they have to create the foot race at Marylebone, by delaying the gate opening till the last minute?

“Clean, comfortable, on time trains”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by shropshirelass64 (1 review written)

Used the Kidderminster to Marylebone service last weekend. Very impressed. Much nicer than Virgin. Will definitely use again.

“Awful service”

Written on: 08/08/2016 by 309Munro (1 review written)

Always late. Don't bother. So many nightmare journeys you might aswell pay for a taxi: I write this as I wait an hour for the next train to arrive after 2 cancelled. Appalling service.

“Like Butter Wouldn't Melt”

Written on: 22/06/2016 by Jordanaf215 (1 review written)

I was visiting the university in High Wycombe on an open day and I had to travel through London to do so. I hopped onto the 10:10 service to Snow Hill which happened to be one of the new loco hauled units. Not too many people crowded in Marylebone which is relatively small, surprising as I'm used to Euston and I've never used Marylebone before. Got in the front carriage and I couldn't decide if it was first class or standard so I had to ask railway staff - the "standard" is a bit less quality where I am from as I have to use Pacers to get around! Carriage was provided with plug sockets, WiFi and was a very quiet, quick and cheap journey. Thanks Chiltern Railways, Would definitely travel with you guys again.

“Simply the best ”

Written on: 06/05/2016

The staff in high Wycombe were great I had a single ticket for me and my daughter, we were going to pick a car up it did not work out so went to get a single return I we had a single to high Wycombe. They retrieved the ticket from the barriers on the other side of the station and only charge me excess instead of two single ticket that did not have to do this. What other rail company would do this, I will travel with them again. Very helpful and friendly service

“Simply the best ”

Written on: 06/05/2016

“Member of staff very rude”

Written on: 29/04/2016 by Reidaf443 (1 review written)

I always use this train service and I don't have a problem with the train services provided whatsoever. Different opinion of the member of staff. Yesterday I was meant to purchase a new ticket in the train as I change my destination while I was on the move and the guy who validate the tickets in the train told me that I didn't need another ticket, and that the one I got was valid. I was surprised by the fact that when I got to the torn in my destination and I explained to the member working at Chiltern train what happened he did not believe me and he was extremely rude to me. There is not need to be rude whatever will be the situation, I think.

“Do not accommodate to anyone ”

Written on: 07/03/2016 by zarah10101 (1 review written)

This company is usually quite reliable but lately there have been countless amounts of broken down trains and cancellations. Particularly on the 07:08 train every morning at least once a week. They never accommodate to anyone traveling to places such as South/West Ruislip often making me extremely late. I will be looking elsewhere to travel from no one. Terrible company.

“Train manager decided to stay on the staff room”

Written on: 24/01/2016 by Jocelyny1989 (1 review written)

Sat on the 2057 train from snow hill and the "guard" decided to look out the window. Ignore us and stay in the mess and made us all late. Shocking service and needs managing. I heard that this isn't the first time in Birmingham and that many of the cred have attitude. Sort it out

“Driver never turned up!”

Written on: 07/11/2015 by Grahamhhhhhhh (1 review written)

Travelling on the much publicised route from Marylebone to Oxford Parkway. The 16.05 was cancelled due to the driver not turning up and there's no replacement! Unacceptable Chiltern. Won't be using this service again