First Wheels City Twin Pushchair Reviews

First Wheels City Twin Pushchair - Ask a question now

“First impressions deceptive!”

Written on: 02/03/2012

I initially liked the look of the First Wheels Twin, with independent seats that could be 1)reclined separately, 2)face either way 3)had their own raincover. I also liked the separate carry cot option for a newborn. It appeared sturdy, folded fairly small and has adjustable handle height, BUT... To fit both seat units on the frame means they are quite narrow compared to the overall width of the pram, so my toddler looks squashed and it has little leg room so her legs dangle over the seat. You seem to need 3 hands to get the carrycot off the chassis. My husband manages (:-?) but I cannot and I'm not one to give up easily & let him do it for me (girl power and all that!) It definitely couldn't be removed without disturbing baby. It is awkward to fold, again would be easier if I had 3 hands, but manageable with 2. The seats need to come off for it to fold, so while the frame folds up small I still have to find somewhere to store the seats and carrycot. It's heavy to lift - again, delegated to the hubby ;) - and doesn't fit in our fairly reasonable sized car boot (Honda FR-V). For such a heavy pushchair, it can't bear much pressure at all. The adjustable handle collapses going up even small kerbs with both children in. The front wheels feel as though they are going to buckle going down the kerbs. They also get stuck on uneven pavements, jolting the children. I have been stuck on the road sometimes!! The basket isn't very accessible and is small compared to the pushchair size. The carrycot is big, which seems good initially but means that the baby slides about going over kerbs. I thought this was THE pushchair for my toddlers and then new baby but instead it has made travelling hard work. (one plus: my new bicep size ;) ) For the price tag I would have expected much, much better.