Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews - www.h-l.co.uk

Hargreaves Lansdown www.h-l.co.uk - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Website inaccurate”

Written on: 23/03/2018 by MikeCoyne (1 review written)

I look at my accounts at the end of every day. HL recently "updated" their website and since then the value of shares have shown the sell price to be higher than the buy price. HL state this can happen for many reasons none of which include HL being at fault. Other brokers websites don't have this problem why should HL?… Read Full Review

“Dodgy advice?”

Written on: 10/02/2018 by Allenex29 (1 review written)

This company's head of advisory services has written to me offering advice which it says it can guarantee. In the letter he says that not everyone has a personal allowance but that luckily there are ways to benefit. I have asked him to comment… Read Full Review

“Systems not working = poor planning ”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by PaulU (1 review written)

HL systems are in chaos this morning. Any responsible well run business needs to identify potential risk and plan accordingly. The fact that HL didn't anticipate the impact the EU referendum is very worrying!… Read Full Review

“Avoid for Individual US and other foreign Shares”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by ColinWardle (2 reviews written)

Whilst Hargreaves and Landsdown provide an easy to use platform with a lot of reasonable research. I am not happy with the "hidden Charges" that I have incurred buying mainstream US shares In short there is a headline "trading fee", currently £8.95 per transaction in reality you pay far far higher charges, as H & L make a large margin on the exchange rate. I have typically paid a total of just over 2% for such transactions. Whilst I understand there are some additional costs associated with… Read Full Review

Tonyhq's Response to ColinWardle's Review

Written on: 08/04/2014

Ditto for me. I have been with them for around 8 years but recently have become dissolutioned with their tactics and charges. I am sick to death of the constant stream of sales promotion packages that they send to me. And I no longer trust their Buy and Hold policies. They always seem to recommend a buy but never a sell and that worries me. I fear they are still locked into the Trailing Commission scams that have now been abolished. Alternative competitive companies are out there and I would advice you check them first before investing here.

Tonyhq's Response to ColinWardle's Review

Written on: 08/04/2014

Ditto for me. I have been with them for around 8 years but recently have become dissolutioned with their tactics and charges. I am sick to death of the constant stream of sales promotion packages that they send to me. It is now treated as "junk mail". And I no longer trust their Buy and Hold policies. They always seem to recommend a buy but never a sell and that worries me. I fear they are still locked into the Trailing Commission scams that have now been abolished for the future. Alternative companies are out there and I would advice you check them first.

Read 2 Comments

“almost meltdown today”

Written on: 11/10/2013

Am usually very pleased with HL for share dealing but on Royal Mail day there has been total chaos.From 8.30 this morning until mid-afternoon(at time of writing) the on-line system is not working correctly so you cannot deal and it is almost impossible to get through on any of the phone numbers given unless you try for 90 minutes as I did. Interesting to see how they will respond.An online dealer with no online access! Would there be the same problem with a market crash and a lot of activity… Read Full Review

“WATCH OUT FOR HIDDEN COSTS. I HELD 920000.00 OF FUNDS...”

Written on: 24/11/2010

WATCH OUT FOR HIDDEN COSTS. I HELD 920000.00 OF FUNDS THAT DO NOT PAY THEM TRAIL COMM AND ONLY HELD THEM FOR 4 DAYS AND WAS CHARGES A PORTION OF £200.00. I WROTE TO THEM TO APPEAL AND WAS TREATED VERY POORLY. I AND MY HUSBAND HAD INVESTMENTS WITH THEM IN EXCESS OF 500K BUT THERE CURT RESPONSE WAS TERRIBLE FOR A COMPANY THAT BOASTS ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE..........THATS A LAUGH, NEEDLSSS TO SAY OUR FUNDS HAVE BEEN MOVED FROM THEM. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER NEEDS A LESSON IN CUSTOMER… Read Full Review