Martina Cole, The Know Reviews

Martina Cole, The Know - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Martina Cole, The Know

Martina Cole, The Know

“The Know is the first Martina Cole book I have ever...”

Written on: 18/08/2008

The Know is the first Martina Cole book I have ever read and I thought it was absoulutly brilliant, I read it in 2 nights! It's well written and very hard to put down… Read Full Review

Neonshade's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2009

Hearing rumours that Martina Coles later novels where not her best, I searched for reviews to help me think about spending my money on this book.
<br/>My thanks to the reviewer, I bought the book, and enjoyed it as much as you did.
<br/>

Read 1 Comment

“This book will keep you wanting more and is very...”

Written on: 20/02/2008

This book will keep you wanting more and is very gritty. Would recommend The Know but DO NOT read the prologue as it spoils the plot… Read Full Review

“Cole knows what makes a good story. 'The Know' has an...”

Written on: 16/04/2007 by bel27 (1 review written)

Cole knows what makes a good story. 'The Know' has an exciting plotline and rattles along at a fair old pace. But her writing style is full of cliche, and this makes many of her scenes less powerful than they should be - you get the feeling that you've heard it all before. This is particularly the case when she is trying to give us a sense of how brutal many of her male characters are: in fact, she ends up giving us a series of familiar stereotypes who lose their menace because they seem to be… Read Full Review

“The Know is the first novel I have read by Martina...”

Written on: 05/03/2004 by gillian (14 reviews written)

The Know is the first novel I have read by Martina Cole. I found the violent scenes difficult to read, but realise that in the seedy world the Brewers live in violence would be the norm. Cole has tackled a few dificult subjects very well - drug dealing, prostitution, peadophillia. She particularly depicts the emotions and humanity of the main characters very well. Having found the book emotionally exhausting I will read something more lighthearted before I read another of Cole\'s novels… Read Full Review