Archos Jukebox Studio Reviews

Features:
  • MP3 Audio
  • Dual 20-gigabyte (GB) MP3 player and hard drive
  • Stores over 330 hours of CD-quality music, or approximately 500 albums
  • 2-megabyte (MB) memory buffer stores from 30 to 100 seconds of music to prevent interruptions
  • Fast USB plug-and-play connection
  • Can connect directly to your stereo with optional cable
    Platforms:
    Windows, Macintosh
  • Refine your search

“I now use the Archos Jukebox Studio 20GB portable mp3...”

Written on: 08/06/2004 by gremlinworks (1 review written)

I now use the Archos Jukebox Studio 20GB portable mp3 player as a storage hard drive only. The major problem that I had with this unit is the very short battery life. I've recharged it so much that I recently had to take it apart and replace the AA batteries...yes it's just regular rechargable AA batteries inside.
    There are too many other players out there right now to even bother with this. Only buy if you just want to mess with it as a hard drive and then only if you can get it on ebay for… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I JUST POST MY RECENT EMAIL TO ARCHOS. YOU'LL GET IT....”

Written on: 05/03/2004 by AlAboos (1 review written)

I JUST POST MY RECENT EMAIL TO ARCHOS. YOU'LL GET IT. IF YOU STILL PLAN TO BUY AN ARCHOS AFTER READING THIS THEN HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED OR AT LEAST TAKE AN IQ TEST SEE IF YOU'LL GET ANYTHING OVER 55!

I'm just really sorry that I bought this Archos Jukebox Studio 20GB Portable MP3 Player and I tell everyone who needs a jukebox not to purchase one. I try my best to post my opinion everywhere from now on to make sure everyone stays away.

My battery died after 3 months. Since then holds charge… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This Archos Jukebox Studio 20GB Portable MP3 Player is...”

Written on: 27/02/2004 by LuckyMe (1 review written)

This Archos Jukebox Studio 20GB Portable MP3 Player is the biggest piece of JUNK I have ever bought! It was such a great idea, I searched everywhere for something like this, then I got it. First, the movie coverting software was SO HORRIBLE, I spent a week learning, reading, hunting for drivers and software just so I could transfer a movie to this. After purchasing an additional $50 of 3rd party software and downloading the 2 other programs that are completely essential for this to happen it… Read Full Review

“I have also experienced a lot of problems with my...”

Written on: 13/01/2004 by lawlerm (1 review written)

I have also experienced a lot of problems with my Archos Jukebox Studio 20GB mp3 player. HD works ok but twice the player has simply stopped charging. The secong time it happened Archos took ages to send a replacement so i ended up having to get a refund. A friend has also had similar problems. When it works its a great product but i couldnt recommend spending such a lot of money on something which is seemingly very unreliable… Read Full Review

“After almost a year HD has crashed twice (beware...”

Written on: 21/01/2003 by Shane. (1 review written)

After almost a year HD has crashed twice (beware manual and Archos web site offer different versions of device connection to PC) and second time is completetly inoperable. Device has been flaky from new and Archos is unresponsive and ignorant of any behaviour resembling customer service. In my opinion this device is best avoided… Read Full Review

Billy404.'s Response to 66831_Shane.'s Review

Written on: 23/03/2003

I find it Very reliable and blitzes anything else for the price. Change firmware to Rockbox and you have a unit rival the i Pod at much less money!!

189492_Roodammy44's Response to 66831_Shane.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2005

Whack in some 2100mAH batteries in, put rockbox firware in and it's a very good player. I've had it for over 2 & 1/2 years and it's never once let me down. It's been dropped countless times, used constantly and it's the most reliable music player I've ever had. Rockbox software totally improves interfacing reliability with the pc. It's ugly, yes - but at the time I bought it the iPod wasn't even out. 10GB of music for £185 at the time was a steal. Plus the fact it uses AA batteries mean if you carry a spare pair of rechargeables you have limitless battery life (which is quite good anyway). When I eventually get round to a nicer looking player with a bigger drive I'll be using the hard drive in it for my laptop :-)

88661_Joe.'s Response to 66831_Shane.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

I Agree my jukebox hard drive has just failed for the 4th time, this time out of warranty. When it works it is brilliant, but it is not reliable.

84722_Jb.'s Response to 66831_Shane.'s Review

Written on: 31/03/2003

I had a similar experience with this product. Some strange crashes and behaviour from new, but something that could be overlooked, however it unfortunately got worse until the unit was totally inoperable. Archos support was non existent.
    <br>Nice if you get it to work.

Read 4 Comments