Ed Macy, Apache Reviews

Ed Macy, Apache - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ed Macy, Apache

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I think Ed Macy's Apache is very much a big ego trip,...”

Written on: 17/10/2008 by matt aitken (1 review written)

I think Ed Macy's Apache is very much a big ego trip, and is designed to make you feel that no way could anyone apart from the ones mentioned have the abilitly to fly the aircraft, let alone sit in it. A very brave mission was carried out in the attempt to save Matt Fords life, and the following success in retreiving his body. No doubt the author has courage but expressing it in written form isn't a great asset. On the whole not a Chris Ryan in the making and as a one off it's readable… Read Full Review

Mighty Lynx's Response to matt aitken's Review

Written on: 22/12/2008

Your review is drivel. I'm an above average commander with thousands of combat hours and failed the Apache Conversion Course. Apache training is beyond comprehension to most so your opinion is NOT VALID (unless you're a combat helicopter pilot that's attempted it?) I also know what happened at the Fort and can very much verify that there ARE gaps. There are gaps because if he tried to tell the whole story it would be 5x longer and that wouldn't hold the attention of those that love reading Military NONE-Fiction books. I can assure you there is nothing made up in his book.
<br/>I'm not bitter at failing and not a wannabe either, I gave it my best and only the very best get through. The last thing I would do is blow smoke up an Apache pilots rear - trust me - but Apache is the BEST aviation book since Masons Chickenhawk.
<br/>Dave K