Ed Macy, Apache Reviews

Ed Macy, Apache - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ed Macy, Apache

Ed Macy, Apache

“Very informative and felt like you were right there...”

Written on: 13/01/2009

Very informative and felt like you were right there with him. I dont normally read alot but fancied this book, I started reading it and could not put it down its amazing… Read Full Review

“Relentless action, have you on the edge of your seat,...”

Written on: 11/01/2009

Relentless action, have you on the edge of your seat, laughing 7 in tears, a truely brilliant read. The best book i've read for yrs, if you like Andy mcnab, your love Ed Macy… Read Full Review

“I know the lads who were there at the Fort and I've...”

Written on: 22/12/2008 by Mighty Lynx (1 review written)

I know the lads who were there at the Fort and I've been in Stan myself.
I was expecting to see a few exaggerations but it is totally truthful.
Ed describes the Apache in brilliant detail and it's easy to think you're in the machine with him (I even think I could fire all of the weapons too after reading it). The book was really good and made me feel like I was in his Sqn but then things changed about a third of the way through. All of a sudden it just took off and from that point onwards I… Read Full Review

“It draws the you in making difficult to put down. It...”

Written on: 29/10/2008

It draws the you in making difficult to put down. It tells it from his point of view and gives a detailed account of every action he makes making you feel like you are there with him. It sometimes gets confusing with military slang and terms but everything is in the glossary. Exellent book, highly recommended to any one interested in the armed forces. Definitely worth reading… Read Full Review

“I think Ed Macy's Apache is very much a big ego trip,...”

Written on: 17/10/2008 by matt aitken (1 review written)

I think Ed Macy's Apache is very much a big ego trip, and is designed to make you feel that no way could anyone apart from the ones mentioned have the abilitly to fly the aircraft, let alone sit in it. A very brave mission was carried out in the attempt to save Matt Fords life, and the following success in retreiving his body. No doubt the author has courage but expressing it in written form isn't a great asset. On the whole not a Chris Ryan in the making and as a one off it's readable… Read Full Review

Mighty Lynx's Response to matt aitken's Review

Written on: 22/12/2008

Your review is drivel. I'm an above average commander with thousands of combat hours and failed the Apache Conversion Course. Apache training is beyond comprehension to most so your opinion is NOT VALID (unless you're a combat helicopter pilot that's attempted it?) I also know what happened at the Fort and can very much verify that there ARE gaps. There are gaps because if he tried to tell the whole story it would be 5x longer and that wouldn't hold the attention of those that love reading Military NONE-Fiction books. I can assure you there is nothing made up in his book.
<br/>I'm not bitter at failing and not a wannabe either, I gave it my best and only the very best get through. The last thing I would do is blow smoke up an Apache pilots rear - trust me - but Apache is the BEST aviation book since Masons Chickenhawk.
<br/>Dave K
<br/>

Read 1 Comment

“I have been waiting for Ed Macy's Apache with...”

Written on: 12/09/2008 by traxius (1 review written)

I have been waiting for Ed Macy's Apache with anticipation ever since I first heard about the Jugroom Fort rescue. The courage, determination and sheer eccentric 'Britishness' of the mission could not have been conceived by the most talented of fictional writers. Here was a tale of war that could lift the country. Not a tale of gung-ho bloodshed and reactive heroics but of camaraderie, hope and a not inconsiderable dose of valour. When I first saw on the Internet that one of the pilots was… Read Full Review

417615_Samstheman912542's Response to traxius's Review

Written on: 14/11/2008

I agree with this review because... i have just finished reading this book and can truly say it gripped me more then most books ever have. I found it hard to put the book down and also found myself taking the book into work so that i could read it on my break. I also found it was hard to put the book down to go for a fag so i smoked less on my breaks at work.

Read 1 Comment