Sportquest Holidays www.anglingdirectholidays.com

3.0

• Quality of Food

Sportquest Holidays www.anglingdirectholidays.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sportquest Holidays www.anglingdirectholidays.com

“Sent at wrong time of year ”

written by MickMccG on 15/05/2024

Myself and the group I went to Norway with were extremely disappointed with the experience we had with sportquest. They recommended that we go in late April for cod and halibat fishing for four days which we agreed to even though it was very expensive and a nightmare to get to (three separate flights from Dublin). When we got there we were told by the local fishermen that it was not the right time for cod or halibat fishing. As a result, we did not catch one fish between the four of us for the entire time we were there. This was a retirement trip that we saved for years for and to say we were let down and disappointed is an understatement. We even paid extra (€150 each) for breakfast and lunch each day and we were given bread with spam as our lunch for the boat. We expressed our disappointment directly to sportquest but unfortunately they did nothing to make up for the dreadful holiday we endured. Needless to say I would not recommend them

“Christmas Island is a remote fishing 'Gem' for those...”

written by on 09/12/2009

Christmas Island is a remote fishing 'Gem' for those prepared to to make the considerable effort to travel there. You need to accept the spartan accomodation with its insects, very basic meals and avoid the rainy season at all costs. The fishing is great from fly to popper to trolling. You never know what is going to take next! Definitely not for the faint hearted. Do not go under-gunned there are seriously big fish there to be caught!

“I have used Angling Direct Holidays on my last 4 trips...”

written by peter3814u on 15/12/2008

I have used Angling Direct Holidays on my last 4 trips and you just can not beat them, even if I look at pricing the whole thing up myself it normally works out at the same price. The difference is with them I know and trust what I am getting for my money.
The whole thing from enquiry, booking to departure and returning is just so professional. A great refreshing change for the fishing travel industry. Well done Angling Direct Holidays.
Check them out and you will soon find why they are leaving the old ones behind.