Sea View Holiday Park, Sennen Reviews

Sea View Holiday Park, Sennen
1.8

Sea View Holiday Park, Sennen - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sea View Holiday Park, Sennen

“Cancelled my holiday and refused to refund my money”

written by 26Sparks on 06/10/2020

Even though the government said caravan parks could reopen on the 4th July and we were booked for two weeks later, the holiday park sent a note to us telling us they were cancelling our holiday. Despite repeated requests they are refusing to refund our money that was paid in full in advance. They must be keeping thousands of pounds of people’s money this way as I have read this on the review sites numerous times now. Never book here

“Site cancelled my holiday, refused to make refund”

written by chrisforster on 10/08/2020

Booked via a newspaper promotion, in March paid service charge of £58 to site, end of June a letter from an illiterate arrived saying site cancelled holiday due to virus and would not give refunds. This is contrary to consumer rights, trading standards, competition and markets authority, in fact all law and government guidelines. Do not book any accommodation at this site unless you want to get nothing and lose your money.

“Refuse to refund any money whilst site is closed. Rude...”

written by ejporter on 20/06/2020

Refuse to refund any money whilst site is closed. Rude and offensive owners. Do not under any circumstances consider visiting this site without reading the reviews first. Then you will not visit.

“Horrendous ”

written by HayleyDiane on 03/09/2016

DID NOT WANT TO RATE A STAR BUT HAD TOO. Worst caravan site I have ever visited! On arrival reception was closed, a rude women standing outside the closed building asked me what I wanted! I informed her me, my friend & my 3 children ages 8, 5 & 3 had a family holiday booked for 3 days at Seaview park. She asked me if I had paid my money and then told me to wait half an hour as she had to go home for her dinner!! I could not believe it. After I had been driving for 4 hours and have children who were tired & needing the toilet!!! When she finally returned to the car park she whistled at me to get my attention! I got out my car, she made me sign paperwork on a car bonnet & then she asked me for £50! £20 late arrival fee which I assumed I had paid & a £30 deposit for any damages to caravan, if I did not pay this she was not going to give me the caravan keys! I wasn't aware of these payments as I had already paid £119 prior to arrival. When arriving at our located caravan I was shocked at what I saw, a old dirty mouldy green caravan! On entering the caravan I could smell GAS & in the living room a musky smell. Beds were not made and looked dirty, shower looked filthy and the horrendous smell from the toilet actually made me throw up! Then to my surprise the worst thing of all was the BOILER!! A naked flame was flicking no cover protecting it and it was hot & looked as though it was burning the plastic plus the strong smell of GAS!! I REFUSED TO STAY IN THIS DANGEROUS CARAVAN WITH MY CHILDREN!! There was nobody around on site to assist me as the office was closed until 9AM. The telephone number on the piece of pink paper which was sent out to my address kept going to answer machine. I was left with no choice but to leave the site with my friend & 3 children after travelling 4 hours from Birmingham!! I then travelled a further 30 minutes to the Queens Hotel in Penzance where I paid £150 for a family room. The staff were very understanding & friendly. The next morning I returned to the Caravan site I informed the rude woman the situation with the caravan and I refused to stay she informed me I would have to return on Monday to receive my £30 deposit, I explained I live in Birmingham & would not drive back to collect £30 I wanted it in cash as I only gave it to her the night before at 8:00pm! She informed me there is NO money on site (which is obviously a lie) I would have to wait 7-10 days for my £30 deposit!! I was so angry and upset and so were my children their holiday was ruined! I left the site without my £30 I will await my £30 Cheque in the post. PLEASE DO NOT STAY OR VISIT THIS SITE IT IS A DANGEROUS PLACE AND TO TOP IT OFF THE MANAGER SHE IS A RUDE HEARTLESS WOMEN.......

“reduced to tears”

written by 389Barr on 28/07/2015

Do not do it....this place needs to be closed down...the woman I just spoke too actually put the phone down on me ....so my message to her I shall put here .....I no where you live lovey...and it's a sham...you are vile and rude and I am reporting you........pack yer bags now

“Avoid this campsite - rudest and most unfriendly owner...”

written by on 27/01/2015

We have not yet even stayed at Seaview Holiday Park, Sennen Cove, and yet my family and I are already regretting choosing this campsite. Since the last arrival time is 6.30pm, we paid an extra £10 for a "late" arrival, since we have to travel down the M5 and along the A30, which is always challenging on a Bank Holiday Friday, and we are constrained by school times to when we can set out. It turned out that "late" meant 7.30pm, which is still too early. When we rang the park to discuss this, the owner was extremely rude and unaccommodating and then hung up. When we rang back, she refused to consider any options, other than us checking in on the Saturday instead, which would mean us losing a 1/3rd of our holiday. Why would we - why would anyone - want to stay at a park where the owner seems to have so little concern and regard for her customers?

“Horrible ”

written by Blaine483 on 24/12/2014

The staff are rude, there is a list of 25 rules that you must read and follow when you arrive! You have to give a deposit for the TV in the caravan! You have to pay for bedding. However, the very worst thing is the owner and her staff. They are really nasty. I cannot believe that The Sun still associates with this park!

“Never Again”

written by on 16/08/2014

Thought the actual camp was good. The caravan which we paid top price for was disgusting, I paid for an 8 berth, there were 5 adults but the bunk beds were only big enough for kids. Nasty smell in lounge, think dogs had been on sofa. carpet badly stained. mattresses on bunk beds most uncomfortable. Shower good. Every time we went to reception it seemed to be closed. Luckily we were visiting family so did not need to use facilities. Lady in reception when we arrived was not very helpful. Cutlery and china and all utensils were very good. I was under the impression I was paying for a Gold caravan as it was the dearest,, tried to find out what a Silver one was like, which was described as an 8 berth as well. But staff were having none of it.

“staff said worst caravan when u book with sun holiday”

written by on 08/06/2014

what a pile of dogs ....? dirty out dated rubbish. when on arrival things looked ok staff where plesant then it all changed we drove around to the caravan and as i said earlier it looked ok untill we opened the door and went in side.{the cupbroad doors were falling off the furniture was torn and dirty the curtains were torn and falling down there was mold on head broad and furniture old food and dirty tissue under the main bed and around the seating area}did not stay booked into hotel

“First, Last and WORST!”

written by Suncampers8 on 20/05/2014

We must be gluttons for punishment!Having visited the Seaview Holiday Park Over the past 7 years several times. The last time being 4 weeks ago. All of our visits have been booked via the Sun holiday offer. To be fair our first 2 visits were not too bad as they seemed to be establishing themselves. However our last 2 visits, particularly the last one a few weeks ago, have been awful. We had an elderly caravan, paint peeling off and upholstery worn and torn. You have to pay extra for a microwave and TV, which comes standard in every other site. We had to light the oven and hob with matches, which we felt was very dangerous. The steep concrete steps up to the van had no handrail. The facilities are only open for the 6 week summer holiday. Then they have the nerve to charge extra for a pass! All in all we were made to feel like 2nd class citizens because we had booked with Sun. The First and Last Inn was both warm and welcoming by comparison. We love the location but will choose another Park next year which will be friendly and welcoming!

“Ripped off”

written by on 09/10/2012

Had to pay a deposit of £20 which we were told we would get back by cheque. Fine. We left a day early. We cleaned the van and left things like washing up liquid for the next guests. We recieved a cheque for £7. £3 admin charge and £10 charge for cleaning the van after left. What a cheek. Will not be going back. Will not recommend ...

“Good facilities for children. Poor customer service.”

written by toryandy on 23/09/2012

We booked out 5 day holiday through The Sun Holidays. Overall, we were impressed with the quiet, rural location. The facilities were good, particularly as we have a 3 year old who enjoyed the impressive play area. However, we were not impressed with the lack of customer service. On arrival, and departure, the staff were not friendly. The opening hours of the facilities were inconsistent, and staff were generally unhelpful and didn't seem to know how to initiate a conversation! This lack of service is a great shame, as we had planned to return, but as the staff were so lacking in initiative, we have decided not to return. Anyone with half-decent manners could turn this site around!

“Make up your own mind!”

written by pippix on 29/08/2012

We went to Seaview for a weeks holiday between 18-25 August and stayed in a 6 berth caravan - we are a family of four. Unfortunately I did not read the reviews about this park until we were just about to go and I was really worried. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the Park and I can honestly say we have no complaints. Seaview is in a beautiful area and the park itself is tidy and well looked after. We were greeted warmly by reception who dealt with us efficiently. Our caravan was basic and quite old (we booked a budget caravan) but spotlessly clean -no complaints there. We had a couple of teething problems - our power kept cutting out and a bulb blew in the living room but upon going to reception these were both dealt with quickly and with no quibble. We didnt really use the other facilities in the park as we were out and about alot so cannot really comment about anything else. From what I can see the people who have real complaints about this Park are those who have paid a pittance through a Sun holiday and had to pay out for "extas" - well it is true you get what you pay for I guess! I would have no hesitation in recomending Seaview and would definitely go again. I would say however that I haven't as yet received my deposit of £20 back but its early days! I say go and enjoy!

“holiday for this October 2012! Shall we go? ”

written by on 25/08/2012

Hi to everyone. me and my mum have booked a holiday to go to seaview holiday park penzance through the sun paper this october 2012. Reading all the reviews and comments on here were uncertain to weather to go or not? We just want a lovely break as weve been through a stress year. Shall we go here? Please comment back? Thankyou for all the honest comments.

“our second holiday”

written by CynBarnes on 23/08/2012

This is our second holiday at Seaview and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The Caravan was extremely clean, cosy and warm which was good as unfortunately the week we chose first week in July had wind rain and fog, did not match the weather on our first visit which was fantastic, but nevertheless this time instead of sunbathing we visited a lot of places including Port Issac and Rick Steins Fish and Chip place, I am definitely booking again in 2013, the owners gave us a fantasic deal this year, and I hope we have another for next year. I would recommend this park to anyone.

“nice, quiet family park”

written by on 11/06/2012

I would have to dissagree with most of you... the staff was nice, polite and helpful. We had a problem with the heating and they've sorted it within minutes. Clean caravan, good for a couple of nights. Nice outdoor play area for kids, beautiful surroundings.. could do with some modernisations but OK for a weekend away! We love Cornwall and never stay much at the site; we much prefer sightseeing and this place is a perfect base! Perhaps people should not be influenced by the negative reviews as you'll only receive what you give...

“First Time Camping”

written by on 09/06/2012

A group of us camped at Seaview Holiday Park 2 weeks ago and had a great time, although it was our first time and inexperienced with other sites. This site provided us with a good weekend break and was a short walk drom the beach which was great for surfing! Would highly reccommend.

“Shocking customer service, overall rubbish!”

written by Orowe on 08/05/2012

We stayed at Seaview Holiday Park, Penzance in April 2012. I booked through Sun Holidays with no problems but when I received my booking information from Seaview Park it came as four different bits of paper in all shapes and sizes stapled together which instantly told me this company wasn't very professional. I read through the detail and found that the caravan that they were offering was a one bedroomed 'comfortable' caravan but did we want to upgrade then we would need to pay an extra £50.00! This would include a further bedroom and things like a microwave

“Why are these people still in business in this day and...”

written by on 21/04/2012

Well where to start, unfriendly just doesn`t come close, this is the worst camp site i have ever been to. A very rude greeting after 4 hours in a car with 2 small children, a booking form with all our information in front of the receptionist continued to sell us 4 tickets to enter a soft play area at a cost of £20, not only was it closed all of the time but once we got in through the door we were confronted with yet another rule....children under 3 and children over 10 cant use it.....we had been mis sold these tickets with very disapointed children in tow we dared to ask for a refund, and yes this was so out of order the owner called the police. The caravans were old and dirty and the microwave was rusty, we were to afraid to use it as its pac testing sticker was out of date by several years, however they have refused to send back our deposit due to it being dirty!!!!charge after charge for anything they can without a care in the world. When i asked for a extra quilt as my 2 year old was freezing i got told in no uncertain terms "what do you expect it is a summer caravan" however a cost of £5 ontop of the £50 we had all ready paid would allow us to open the quilt that was in the wet wardbrobe. Can all of these terrible reviews be wrong? this should not be allowed to continue to hard working families that should be treated with respect when spending money with good will to have quality time with their families, all of the families that we spoke to left early but this doesn`t matter as they have paid, a scam and a sham i can only hope that one day this woman will be stopped by trading standards or the correct authorities.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2012

I completely agree! I'm just about to put my review on here, what a waste of time & money

“Cheap for a reason”

written by on 15/04/2012

Terrible, the site may well be very pretty and in a truely fantastic spot but the owner (not all the staff) was so rude, and aggresive when you ask her anything. I am not a moaning minny and dont ever spend my time complaining about anything especially holiday accomadation but in this case I really feel this lady was awful. Oh and if you challenge or inquire about anything with her she will tell you to go elsewhere, but will not refund. We arrived after a long journey and was greeted by a lovely memebr of the staff who was welcoming. Additional charges even to use the quilt or arrive a little later than antisipated, despite living the other end of the country and travelling in bank holiday traffic. Members of our group were told they had arrived late 7.30pm therfore £10 per 30 mintues would be charged. Instead of expecting the lady to come to the park to giv them the key they apologised and explained they would come back the next day during the hours she would be there. However the £10 charge for every 30mins would continue to the next day or the booking could be cancelled as a no show. At which point we said we would pay as she came out of the building on the site 10 feet away to collect the charges. I could understand if it was very late, or she lived off site etc but she was there and very rude. As we were paying for arriving late at 7.30pm, a campervan pulled in for a pithch, she booked them in and left the numebr for any other campers coming in overnight!!! so in other words she was on site and avaliable all night for anyone just turning up and asking for a pitch, but because we had booked and paid we had to be there by 630pm, otherwise it was too late!!!! How spiteful and greedy is that we could not even go else where to avoid the charge as it would have continued to go up over night!!!! well love my custom will be elsewhere, keep your £180, a week after charges it was much more and quite honestly really not worth it rip off. And £5 for a remote to work the tv that i didnt watch.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2012

CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS STRAIGHT THE OWNER OF THE PARK DOES NOT WORK AT THE PARK AND IS RETIRED. THERE ARE MANY OTHER LADIES WHO WORK AT THE PARK WHEN A VISITOR ARRIVES AFTER 4 HOURS IN A CAR WITH 2 UNHAPPY CHILDREN IN THE BACK THEN THEY ARE NOT HAPPY BUNNYS SO WHO'S THE NEAREST PERSON THEY TAKE IT OUT ON . "RECEPTION "WE HAVE MANY THOUSANDS OF HAPPY REPEAT CUSTOMERS A YEAR AND EVEN THOUGH WE DO NOT WANT EVEN ONE COMPLAINT SOMETIMES THE THREATS TO GO ON TRIP ADVISOR IF THEY CANT GET WHAT THEY WANT AND USUALLY FOR FREE! HAVE TO BE TAKEN ON THE CHIN, WE TRY OUR VERY BEST WITH EVERY CUSTOMER TO BE NICE PLEASANT AND HELPFUL BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A HAP HAP HOLIDAY , SO HEIGH HO AND OFF TO WORK WE GO.