Nouveau Lashes Reviews

Nouveau Lashes
2.6

Nouveau Lashes - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nouveau Lashes

“NOUVEAU YELASH EXTENSION TRAUMA”

written by on 31/03/2016

I was not given a patch test. I was treated very roughly and would actually go as far as to call it ‘brutal’ the woman poked me straight in the eye with her tool and leant on my nose the whole time. She kept poking my skin on my eyelids, my eyes were streaming and stinging throughout the whole process. She did not once offer to let me sit up or wipe my eyes. She rushed the whole thing in a very abrupt manner. I was not offered a sealant/sealer after completion. I was not given any advice verbally or in leaflet form for after-care. Each time I blinked or closed my eyes that evening my eyes got stuck together. The purpose of the eyelash extensions was for a wedding event on the following day Saturday and everybody commented how crusty and cringe/gluey my eyes looked. This happened to be the Easter week-end and I had contacted the branch to explain all of the above and asked for an appointment to have the lashes removed. When I arrived at the shop the staff members could not believe how the lashes had been applied ‘directly onto the skin of my eyelids’ with excessive clumps of glue and commented that this was not the correct way that they should have been applied and were not surprised at how much discomfort and pain I had been in. The procedure to remove the lashes was even worse than the experience I had on application at the point acid was applied and seeped into my eyes causing excruciating blinding burning pain. I cannot express how painful and frightening this was. I was led to the sink screaming in pain and was told to keep splashing cold water onto my eyes to relieve the pain and burning. NEVER AGAIN !

Written on: 04/04/2016

Hi,
Here at Nouveau Lashes we apologise for this poor experience you have had at the salon you have visited, it is something which we do not want to hear. Would it be possible for you to email further details including the salon name and address to us and we can look in to this further.
Kind Regards
Customer Service, Nouveau Lashes

Traumaticexperience's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2016

Please supply your email address

Written on: 05/04/2016

Hi
Sorry, the email address is [removed].

Traumaticexperience's Comment

Written on: 06/04/2016

I cannot see your email address as it has been removed.
to update you further, I have had to attend Moorfields London eye hospital twice since the removal of lashes and have been given sterile eye solution. I have taken this matter up with the branch responsible and have given them a whole week to come back to me. They had initially said they would not refund me and seemed not to take this very seriously. they have had 1 week now to come back to me, they asked for 1 more day to resolve and still no feedback good enough, they have asked for more time which i have agreed to give them until tomorrow morning before i take legal action and involve the local area newspapers and trading standards.

Written on: 06/04/2016

Would you be happy to provide me with a postcode, salon name or telephone number so I can confirm the salon is defiantly trained with Nouveau Lashes. As a brand we are passionate about providing an excellent level of service and we would like to investigate as to why this has not been given. If you would like to do this anonymously you can fill out a contact form on our website and ask for Jess as our contact detail do not show on comments on this site

“dont last 2 weeks”

written by Keating1984 on 27/03/2015

I had these lashes put in for my holidays.i did everything the technician told me with regards making them last.By the 3rd day half of the lashes came out in one eye.!!! So I had to pull them all out as they looked ridiculous.£65 for 3 days.DONT BOTHER, SAVE YOUR MONEY. I did get LVL lashes recently for a holiday, they are absolutely amazing and last 6-8 weeks.

“DO NOT GET THESE LASHES!”

written by on 30/05/2014

Horrid! They are the worst lashes I have ever encountered, as per some of the other reviews my natural lashes have been left in a poor weak state. Please, please, please do not get these done.

“Love them!”

written by Gemski005 on 03/01/2013

Ive been getting mine done now for over a year, intially got them on for over christmas last year but love them so much ive been getting them infilled every 3 weeks for the last year. I think the results depend on the therapist that applies them and ive found a briliant therapist to do mine therefore i have no problems with them AT ALL and could not live without them now.

“Love them! ”

written by on 10/11/2012

I absolutely love my eyelash extensions! They last really well, look fab and I would not be without them now.

“i have to have them reapplied between 1 and 2 weeks ”

written by on 15/10/2012

i love them but think for the price having to go back between 1 and 2 weeks is not good enough after a week they fall out and cross over when you pay a lot of money for them i think its a rip off

“I got these done for my holiday in June, they looked...”

written by on 10/07/2012

I got these done for my holiday in June, they looked lovely and were lightweight and it was great not having to get up an pit mascara on, I kept mine on for about 3 weeks, a few had come off but they still looked alright. In the end I decided to take them off, I steamed my face and used baby oil so they didn't pull off my natural lashes with them, when I eventually took them all off, I was left with very damaged, very short eyelashes and are now a pain to try and put mascara on! Like I said, lovely at first and very easy to maintain, but not liking the short natural lashes I have left!

“Not worth 1 star....”

written by Tinkerbella3065 on 07/07/2012

Had the eyelashes applied for my holiday...really wish I didnt now. Before I had naturally nice long eye lashes, but occasionaly wore the strip eyelashes for nights out. As I was going on holiday, I thought it would be great to have these done, so I didnt have to wear mascara in the day and save myself from buying boxes of the eyelure strips! During the application, it was quite uncomfy and at one point it felt/sounded like she was cutting my eyelashes! Afterwards there was a few niggley bits, mainly discomfort, like a pin stabbing pain and there was a couple that point in the wrong direction. I bought an eyebrow comb to brush them as advised. After the 2nd day i was ready to pull these buggers out! Through out the holiday I pulled out the most painful ones, which helped! Now i'm back home and i have only a couple left on each eye....and I want to actually cry! I have been left with really short eyelashes that if I applied mascara it would look really awful! Never will I have these again....just glad I didnt pay full price for them. Now, i'm off to find a solution to get my lashes back to they way they were!!!

“Waste of money”

written by PaulaM1234 on 16/05/2012

I had these done a couple of weeks ago because I was going on holiday. They looked fantastic and I loved not having to wear mascara, but sadly they started to come off my right eye after only 3 days! Even though I did not get them wet and looked after them as recommended in the aftercare. I would also wake up in the morning and find them bent in different directions and they were really hard to straighten up. By halfway through my holiday of only 1 week there were not realy any left on my right eye and they had taken a lot of my lashes with them!! and my left eye only lasted 2 or 3 days longer! I was very disppointed my lashes ended up looking pretty awful for most of my holiday and it cost a lot of money. I would like to find out if this was just because of where I had them done which was a reputable salon or if this often happens. I dont want to get them re-done if the same thing is going to happen again but if I thought somewhere else could ensure they lasted longer than I might consider it. Or is there a better product on the market?

“No go for nouveau!”

written by Samilou86 on 05/04/2012

Last year I started gettin my nouveau's due to a friends recommendations. I had a couple of close holidays planned so had them done, never had any problems really but 6 months later having them removed I was left with thin, half arsed lashes!!! To be honest my lashes were pretty naturally long so to have to now constantly wear stick on strip lashes does my head in. I've had them off for 3 months now and seen minimal regrowth of my own lashes....pretty gutting really when the qualified girl doing them assured me every time i had a new set, that they looked fine and would regrow!!! If you get them don't get them on for the long term.

“Better than expected”

written by on 07/03/2012

I have had nouveau individual lashes for about 8 weeks now and i am totally in love with them. I had infills every 2 weeks initially as i like the fuller fake look so i have the longest lashes they do to achieve this look. I am now going for 3 weekly infills and the lashes still look fab. The lashes are so light weight, i cannot tell i have them on. I have never experienced needle like pain or any discomfort that other reviewers have mentioned, so i do believe it could be down to the skills of the technician rathe than the product itself. I like to give them a comb through every morning as they can twist slightly from rubbing on my pillow whilst i'm asleep. And i have just recently purchased the nouveau lash mascara to emphasise them further if i am going for an evening out. Your natural lashes last about 8 weeks so you will notice some lashes falling out over the weeks, but this only happens a few times as they are really long lasting. The technician i use is fab, and i look forward to chilling out for an hour whilst she works her magic. I honestly dont think i could ever live without them. If you are thinking about it, go for it, you won't look back :)

“Crusty and jaggy”

written by Kirstymac on 29/01/2012

I've had these lashes for 4 weeks, with an infill at 2weeks. The glue (or sealer) looks crusty and has caused clumping at the lash roots. Looks a bit like clumpy mascara!! I went to a qualified technician and followed all aftercare to the letter, but now these lashes are hanging lower and I have a bloodshot eye where it is irritating me. Going to have them removed tomorrow. Initially these look great, but the clumpy bonding and coarseness of the lashes spoil them.

Guest's Response to Kirstymac's Review

Written on: 05/02/2012

Hi there, it sounds like you have had a poor application, with too much glue being applied! I had my Nouveau Lashes infilled for a year and loved them, so much so that I qualified with Nouveau Lash myself! I would recommend taking a picture of your lashes and with a note of who your Technician was send the information directly to Nouveau Lash! I would also the Technician to refund me for poor application. Sorry to hear you have had such a poor experience with Nouveau Lash.

“Absolutely stunning effect”

written by Michelleludford on 16/01/2012

I had my eyelashes done today by a registered nouveau trained beautician. Feel a million dollers and look great! Can feel them either! Thoroughly recommend artisan in dunstable

“do not have lash extensions ”

written by on 01/09/2011

Ive had lash extensions on for about four months and had them removed today and i am left with sore eyes, half my eyelashes missing and they are half the length, i cannot even put mascara on as they are all spidery and odd lenghs and it looks rediculous. I would advise ppl to stick to the strip kind and dont waste your money

Written on: 29/01/2012

that is what has happened to mine also. i removed them with baby oil as i had red sore eyes which kept running, had the eyelashes on for 3 months. have bald patches and small spikey eyelashes really short which i am totaly devestated to look at. wish i hadnt had them applied in the first place. waste of time and money and has left my own looking awful and i look freeky. stupid me!!!!!!!

“Yes they looked good and I didn't need any mascara but...”

written by on 28/02/2011

Yes they looked good and I didn't need any mascara but I had to pull them out after about a week as they were so painful. It felt like pins were sticking into my eyes. I was on holiday so couldn't have found anywhere to remove them properly so I had to pull them out myself, plus most of my own lashes. Never again, infact I'm going to try the Hollywood lashes again as I had them done a few years ago and certainly don't remember any sort of discomfort.

Written on: 06/06/2011

The only reason I can think of if they were painful and felt like pins were sticking into your eyes is that the eyelash technician put them too close to your eyelid. Lashes should be glued on the lash at least 1-2mm away from the eyelid and not directly onto the eyelid.

“i booked my course with liz the owner of novalash.the...”

written by maria saadat on 28/02/2011

i booked my course with liz the owner of novalash.the course was in london run by shirly,it was rubish and poor standard nothing like they advertise.sherly turn up late,didnt know how to turn on the projector which waisted so much time then she left it and went to get her laptop only realised she forgot to take the plge for it.to my surprise she didnt even had the hand in manual to give us.we had to work on each other and when i asked her to show us eyelash removal, she said i am sure no one want to remove the lashes.i didnt learn nothing that i couldnt learn by watching in the show or you tube.they charge me £650 for a very small kit that came loose not even in a carry bag.no test been givent the end of course,and costomer serveies is discusting.i feel like i been rubbed.i had so much stress and they dont even give my money back.

“I had the Nouveau eyelash extensions applied, the...”

written by on 12/02/2011

I had the Nouveau eyelash extensions applied, the product which is supposed to last 6-8 weeks. After following all the advice (not washing in hot water, not using a sauna etc...) I had to return to the salon and get them reapplied after only 2 weeks as about half had already dropped out. This time I was extremely careful about the after care - even going so far as to shower in goggles as recommended by the salon! Pretty much the same thing - after 2 weeks around half the lashes have fallen out.

This product looked great when first applied but I consider the claim that they last 6-8 weeks to be completely FALSE. To have top-ups every 3 weeks would be incredibly expensive.

Written on: 27/06/2011

I totally agree. When I had the lashes put in they looked great but after 1 week noticed them starting to fall out. After 10 days looked awful so went back to Salon and had them taken off. The product really stung (which I wasn't told) and they just didn't seem interested. Never again!

“I have recently had the Noveau Lashes applied - three...”

written by Jerri on 27/11/2010

I have recently had the Noveau Lashes applied - three days ago to be precise. I absolutely love them and find they save me lots of time as I do not have to use mascara. I haven't had any problems with them itching or getting twisted, however I guess it's still early days! I think they are great for the Christmas season and I really do feel better for having them on. I know some people who keep them on permanently, leaving only a month's break in between. I don't think I'll leave them on for that long, but will see how they go. I've added some before and after pictures onto a blog I write if you'd like to see the difference - they're at http://lifestyle-uk.blogspot.com/2010/11/treatment-review-noveau-lashes.html . I would definitely recommend them though!

“I had my first set of Nouveau Lashes about 1 month...”

written by on 16/11/2010

I had my first set of Nouveau Lashes about 1 month ago, the technition gave me a full consultation explained the growth patten of the natural eyelash, and the fact that yes I would have to care for them. But why wouldn'd you if you have spent the money getting them done. I have been back for one session of infill which took about half an hour and then they looked like new again. My next appointment is on friday and I am looking forward to it, not only will my lashes look great again but I get to lay down and relax for half an hour. I think they are great, but do make sure your technition is qualified and experienced.

“I had Nouveau Lashes applied for my holiday so that I...”

written by joanne2305 on 01/09/2010

I had Nouveau Lashes applied for my holiday so that I wouldn't have to wear mascara. Well I wish I had just bought a good waterproof mascara and remover. I lost lashes each day after I had them done and by the time I was home I probably had about a third or less of the amount I had put in and they were very hard and brittle. This was even after following the aftercare advice to the letter. I went to the salon to have the remaining few removed and I was shocked to be charged £10. My lashes are now about a two thirds of the length they were. It looks like they have been cut. I know they will seem short compared to what they were like with the extensions but they are no longer tapered, but blunt so I know that they have been damaged. I had them done because my lashes arent very dark or long but now they just look awful and I am very disappointed and upset.