Haslam Homes Reviews - www.haslamhomes.co.uk

Haslam Homes www.haslamhomes.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Unhappy ”

Written on: 27/03/2016 by Tamian396 (1 review written)

We bought a home in Stoke on trent in 2006 from haslam homes since then we have spend a fortune on replacing and fixing the shoddy work that was done on building this home including creaking floorboards doors that shut behind you and don't open again poor plumbing windows that have water inside them fixtures and fittings like bath taps sink taps toilets all the cheapest so they are loose or fall off grass outside that didn't grow spent a absolute fortune on a new house that supposed to save… Read Full Review

Oscarstoke's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2017

Totally agree with above we started a family and bought a house with Hallam homes in stoke on trent we soon come to realise that it was very poor workmanship
They obviously used very cheap fixtures and fittings
Have had to replace lots of stuff. What was a family dream house is a nightmare. How have them.
Been able to get away with this. Probably the same estate.

“poor homes ”

Written on: 24/05/2012 by tomtom14 (1 review written)

these homes are a night mare fittings are discusting kitchen poor fitting and they are not willing to do anything about this would not recomend these homes to anyone took 1 year to get solor panels working their is something wrong with every room some problems got put right but not many got told only 6 homes will br rented but their is about 15 up to now still some homes to sell i would call them night mair builders… Read Full Review

“Keepmoat & Milnerbuild”

Written on: 03/03/2012 by LuluStandard (1 review written)

Milnerbuild belongs to the Keepmoat group of companies who act as contractors for Leeds Council Homes. Milnerbuild fit sub-standard equipment to council homes that is not fit for purpose. I have been suffering with a cheap & nasty toilet for over a year now that blocks regularly. The toilet blocking problem started as soon as Milnerbuild replace a cracked toilet for one which they supply. I suspect that these toilets are far eastern imports. No matter how many times the toilet becomes… Read Full Review

Keepmoatbeware's Response to LuluStandard's Review

Written on: 05/01/2013

Dear LuluStandard,

I am in a similar situation to you and would love to hear your story in full. I am forming a collective with which to take decisive action against this "builder". If you would be so kind to either email me or find us on Facebook

We can be stronger together. I dearly hope to hear from you soon,

Allan

Read 1 Comment

“I've just bought a Keepmoat home at trinity gardens in...”

Written on: 02/10/2011

I've just bought a Keepmoat home at trinity gardens in Middlesbrough and I love it! Its been Well finished and fantastic value for money. I got a great deal included and the sales executive was fantastic, I have 3 friends that also bought a house here and all think the same. I used shared equity which was my life line or wouldn't have been able to buy my house, the mortgage payments on my 2 bed were less than renting a 1 bed flat! All in all couldn't be happier!… Read Full Review

“My experience with keepmoat has not been a pleasant one. ”

Written on: 01/03/2011

My experience with keepmoat has not been a pleasant one.

Being first time buyers, we were overexcited about the prospect of getting a brand new affordable home. Both my partner and I are not stupid, not implying that most first time buyers are. Put it this way, they saw us coming and aimed to take full advantage.

From the minute we stepped in the showroom we were bombarded by pushy sale assistants wanted to get the deposit paid the next day, we had to politely explain this was the first… Read Full Review

“Haslam homes are the home builder of choice if you want: ”

Written on: 23/09/2010

Haslam homes are the home builder of choice if you want:

- floors that creek because they didn't use screws long enough.
- exterior fittings that have rusted in under 3 years.
- a boiler that needs at least £300 per year spending on it. (Cheap junk)
- an interior paint job that looks like Stevie Wonder did it.
- interior fittings, taps, bathroom lights etc that look like they're form the pound store.
- radiators that leak.
- a garden that no life grows in, due to one cm of earth covering 3… Read Full Review

“Brand new detached house has significant damp - cost...”

Written on: 13/08/2010

Brand new detached house has significant damp - cost £170,000 from Keepmoat Homes and has had to be referred to the NHBC because Keepmoat's Construction Director has said the damp is due to lack of circulation. Own independent surveyor says that damp is right throughout the concrete floor on the ground floor as it hasnt been dried out properly before carpets and other flooring has been put down. Brand new kitchen unit has mould spots.

Also, property is not connected to main local sewage… Read Full Review

Marj11's Comment

Written on: 21/02/2013

I bought a Haslam home 6 years ago, in the last 6 months have had roof repaired (flashing not attached ), have to purchase new toilet in Bathroom due to flush not working, cannot find a replacement, kitchen units near oven and extractor fan burning, Very dangerous, Cannot find original kitchen company, have been in touch with Keepmoat, they have been very helpful but unable to solve problems. I am very disappointed in Haslam homes.